Langenbrunner: Devils painted me as bad guy

Z-Man

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget what the rules of the conditional pick were, can someone refresh my memory, please?

If Dallas makes the 2nd round of the playoffs Devils get 2011 DAL 2nd

If Dallas re-signs Langs before the draft Devils get 2011 DAL 2nd.

If Dallas re-signs Langs after the draft Devils get 2011 DAL 3rd and 2012 DAL 2nd while DAL gets 2012 Devils 3rd.

If Dallas does not make 2nd round or re-sing Langs then Devils receive 2011 DAL 3rd.

If Dallas makes the 2nd round of the playoffs Devils get 2011 DAL 2nd

If Dallas re-signs Langs before the draft Devils get 2011 DAL 2nd.

If Dallas re-signs Langs after the draft Devils get 2011 DAL 3rd and 2012 DAL 2nd while DAL gets 2012 Devils 3rd.

If Dallas does not make 2nd round or re-sing Langs then Devils receive 2011 DAL 3rd.

Thanks. :cheers:

For someone who is in his mid 30's, he whines alot. I think some of it is a "character" that the media runs with (probably because they don't like him, wonder why), but, c'mon, he's a tad bitchy. This is the guy who stops playing to whine to officials. And the Gomez purse fight. I have a feeling he's not that well liked, we'll see on Tuesday.

Every time I try not to be pissed at Jamie, he does something else. He was great for awhile, especially his second year as captain when Marty went down, but since he became Captain America, his ego has gotten out of control, and he whines about everything.

Maybe it's really as simple as this. A shame cause he was a great Devil for a number of years until what happened last year happened, and it didn't really hit the fan until after the Olympics. Looks like someone's bitter that his former team's winning and current one is in a similar deathspiral that he left. Go scratch, Jamie.

It's really too bad that people feel the need to pile on a guy who really did contribute a lot to this organization through the years. As the Devils continue this surge, it seems like more and more, everything that went wrong before it is becoming Langs' fault, like he was this overbearing cancer that turned everything to sh!t by his simple presence (a sad case of speculation becoming fact in far too many fans' eyes). Though Langs has hardly been perfect (his comment about having trouble getting excited about last year's playoffs will always bother me), I find the increasing hostility towards him to be a bit unfair.

I just can't blame Langenbrunner for almost everyone on the Devils underperforming badly during the Devils' God-awful 10-29-2 start. I don't point at Langs' departure and say "See, that's all we needed to do, just rid ourselves of Langenbrunner." Was it time for him to go? Yes, I think it was, for both parties. But I also think the turnaround was due to a lot more than his being moved...start with many Devils finally playing up to their abilities, Lemaire getting Kovy to improve, Rolston coming to life, etc.

I guess if some of you want to believe that Langenbrunner slowly but surely became this complete dickhead once he got the "C" who was somehow able to poison an entire lockerroom, so be it, but I'm not buyin' it.

I just can't blame Langenbrunner for almost everyone on the Devils underperforming badly during the Devils' God-awful 10-29-2 start. I don't point at Langs' departure and say "See, that's all we needed to do, just rid ourselves of Langenbrunner." Was it time for him to go? Yes, I think it was, for both parties. But I also think the turnaround was due to a lot more than his being moved...start with many Devils finally playing up to their abilities, Lemaire getting Kovy to improve, Rolston coming to life, etc.

Just like then it was time for him to go, now it's time for him to shut up. We put up with his behavior when he was here, but now that he's gone, it's time to grow up and worry about his own team. He's just whining because he's starting to worry that maybe he really IS a cancer, since Dallas suddenly entered their pitfall when he got there.

I don't think is anybody is being serious if they say they truly think our first half of the season was 100% his fault. But he was a big part of it and deserves criticism for it. So I don't feel bad for him.

Please, Rockies. Keep weeping for him while he digs his own grave deeper. All the vitriol Jamie is getting, he's brought upon himself with his sh!t attitude.

The people on this board are emotional whackos, but we are generally very fair when it comes to treatment of ex-players, especially ones who accomplished what Jamie did when he was here. His fall from grace was precipitous and he took down a team, a playoff run and a coach with him before doing it all over again at the beginning of this year. He did an incredible amount of damage in a short time, I think that much is clear. He can go whine all he wants now in his giant Dallas house on his big pile of cash while surrounded by many beautiful women.

Please, Rockies. Keep weeping for him while he digs his own grave deeper. All the vitriol Jamie is getting, he's brought upon himself with his sh!t attitude.

The people on this board are emotional whackos, but we are generally very fair when it comes to treatment of ex-players, especially ones who accomplished what Jamie did when he was here.

Eh I wouldn't go that far, there's more whining on Rafalski than there should be especially considering he saved our bacon once by waiting around with his own FA for Nieds to make a decision on leaving. Heck the Nieds whining gets pretty unfair too. There's probably more whining on Paul Martin than he deserves. Not to mention some people still haven't forgiven MacLean for his Ranger stint, now his name's really gonna be mud around here sadly.

I do of course agree with you on Jamie though...he did this to himself, we aren't doing it to him.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think it sucks that Jamie feels we have a poor impression of him.

It was all bad timing bro -- we all know that. You don't need to defend yourself.

CHILL!! You're killing yourself defending nothing. You are creating your own reality. You were NOT sabotaging Lemaire's work here. I completely understand that - I think most everyone understands. But the defensiveness displayed in this very article is hurting YOU. You may in turn hurt others because they want to support and help a great guy clearly having some difficulties. Come on! Give fans some credit and those who DO paint you badly -- who cares? they're morons and you don't need to even consider their opinion much less make it some noble sacrifice -- then you just seem stupid, as stupid as they are even.

Eh I wouldn't go that far, there's more whining on Rafalski than there should be especially considering he saved our bacon once by waiting around with his own FA for Nieds to make a decision on leaving. Heck the Nieds whining gets pretty unfair too. There's probably more whining on Paul Martin than he deserves. Not to mention some people still haven't forgiven MacLean for his Ranger stint, now his name's really gonna be mud around here sadly.

I do of course agree with you on Jamie though...he did this to himself, we aren't doing it to him.

I disagree, dude. I see a lot less about all these guys, even at the height of their transgressions than I do about Jamie. Jamie's now in the ballpark with the Gomez and Holik types. Deservedly so because of the way he runs at the mouth.

I've been vocal about saying that I don't think we should retire Niedermayer's jersey, but I still love the guy. He was my favorite Devil when he was here. I just think jersey retirement is a rare honor to be bestowed on guys who retire with the team that they made/made them great. It's different. I get why he did what he did, and he didn't sh!t on the Devils to do it the way others have.

MacLean's issue is not the fact that he was a Ranger, it's the fact that he was the worst coach in the New Jersey area since Ray Handley.

Nah people were killing MacLean way before this, maybe rightly so to a degree since he did 'sign with the enemy' and ask for a trade but then again people didn't seem to hold it against Driver as much for signing there, probably cause he wasn't as much a symbol of the team as Mac so it wasn't as personal. Gradually as he worked with the team more there was a bit of a thawing but still some hard feelings.

And the Nieds thing, people still act like he took a month to decide and dragged his feet to screw the Devils. Or they hold it against him that he took less money to play with his brother, as if there's ever a 'right' way to leave considering we hold it against players who take more to leave.

But yeah Langs has gotten into Gomer and Holik territory...christ, even they never ruined a team half as much as Langs did last year :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Langenbrunner is like that ex-girlfriend that we've all had. You guys hit it off great, in fact, it was freakin true love. But then after a while, she starts bitching about how you don't love her enough, and how your mom doesn't like her, even though she bought you a totally sweet Rolex your first year together. THEN you realize that you don't love her like you used to, so you dump her ass for a hotter, younger russian chick. she then proceeds to spends the next 4 years talking sh!t about you to all of her friends "i gave my life for him and he made me look like a demon wench!".

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Clearly to ruin a team properly you don't leave - you stay and you try to do your best with sincerity and loyalty.

Then when you're asked to leave because it's just not mutually beneficial to keep on with the relationship -- you stay - and fight a losing battle while grumbling only slightly less negatively than Eeyore.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Langenbrunner is like that ex-girlfriend that we've all had. You guys hit it off great, in fact, it was freakin true love. But then after a while, she starts bitching about how you don't love her enough, and how your mom doesn't like her, even though she bought you a totally sweet Rolex your first year together. THEN you realize that you don't love her like you used to, so you dump her ass for a hotter, younger russian chick. she then proceeds to spends the next 4 years talking sh!t about you to all of her friends "i gave my life for him and he made me look like a demon wench!".

I'm sensing some lingering trauma.

i guess i'm still young but i do look forward to this experience :boogie:

funny...i had completely forgotten about jamie langenbrunner lately. too busy watching all the winning. sorry, jamie. the only thing i'm painting you as is part of the past. gotta root for the front of the jersey, not the back. thanks for all the good stuff, but you're gone now. so, uh, yeah. later.