Hedberg to start over Brodeur Tuesday.

Quinn01

Here is the interesting thing...if we want to accomplish the impossible, and if the Devils want to, we're talking about a very long winning streak. If that's the case, you have to wonder how long Marty is stuck on the bench. Then you have to wonder how long he'll be comfortable with it.

Now they might lose next game and Marty goes back in, but you just don't know. If the Devils keep winning, it could be an interesting story line.

Who ever is bringing in the wins as far as goaltending goes should be in net. Right now, its Moose. He has been strong.

"

At this point, it is a team, every player is part of the team. There is no such thing as "back up goaltender"....its "winning goaltender".

I know marty wont LIKE it necessarily, but I'm sure hes familiar with the saying "when you're hot you're hot".

We ALL love marty, but we all want that run for the playoffs. Quinn is right, Moose is just as much a part of the team as Marty. and he is preforming right now. I'm not exactly a moose fan per say, but he is playing well and I think he deserves to continue doing so.

sorry if this is a little rant-ish, but I've been on a jagermeister binge :)

Marty will play soon- he's been a part of this streak too, so its not like he was playing bad when he got hurt. But I think Jacques is a little nervous about starting a cold Marty and having him let in maybe a softie or 2 while he gets his bearings, when he has a red hot Moose who may not have let those goals in. I mean, we really have almost no margin for error if we seriously wanna make a run at this, so I get where Lemaire is coming from- ride the hot hand until it cools a little.

Who ever is bringing in the wins as far as goaltending goes should be in net. Right now, its Moose. He has been strong.

"

At this point, it is a team, every player is part of the team. There is no such thing as "back up goaltender"....its "winning goaltender".

There's a lot of psyche effect on changing goaltenders, like when Marty got injured and Clemmer stepped up the defense had more hustle in their game and stepped up to protect their goalie like Clemmer was a newborn baby. Lol not saying that when Marty is in net that the D softens up a bit but this is a plausible and I think the D had been playing very well protecting Moose and second chances..

Marty will play soon- he's been a part of this streak too, so its not like he was playing bad when he got hurt. But I think Jacques is a little nervous about starting a cold Marty and having him let in maybe a softie or 2 while he gets his bearings, when he has a red hot Moose who may not have let those goals in. I mean, we really have almost no margin for error if we seriously wanna make a run at this, so I get where Lemaire is coming from- ride the hot hand until it cools a little.

I agree completely, but if Hedberg stays hot, when do you feel comfortable going with Marty, especially when Hedberg has been rock-solid in nets. For the sake of the team, I am hoping Hedberg makes Jacques decisions as difficult as possible. I just can't see Marty being comfortable as a passenger down the stretch.

I agree completely, but if Hedberg stays hot, when do you feel comfortable going with Marty, especially when Hedberg has been rock-solid in nets. For the sake of the team, I am hoping Hedberg makes Jacques decisions as difficult as possible. I just can't see Marty being comfortable as a passenger down the stretch.

Its a good question, but its all game by game at this point. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not really concerned about the winningest goaltender of all time being a passenger down the stretch. Trust me, he'll play.

brodeur will get starts in back to backs if this scenario plays out how you think. and if he does well in one of those starts, he'll probably go back to being the starter.

Edited by Triumph

Well they have to get him in sooner or later, if he doesn't play in Tampa it would be almost three weeks.

I think you're getting right back to the interesting question that the team's current situation brings up. Do we really have to get Marty back in? If JL starts the goalie who's hot, and we keep winning with Heddy, it'll probably take two games in two nights to get Marty back in. It's definitely a very interesting issue because it keeps Marty on the bench for a while with him being fully healthy.

I think you're getting right back to the interesting question that the team's current situation brings up. Do we really have to get Marty back in? If JL starts the goalie who's hot, and we keep winning with Heddy, it'll probably take two games in two nights to get Marty back in. It's definitely a very interesting issue because it keeps Marty on the bench for a while with him being fully healthy.

It's only a matter of time before Moose slips. But then again, Brodeur hasn't had his sharpest of seasons. Personally, I don't think the goalie playing will make that much of a difference - the guys playing in front of them have really turned the team around.

Here is the interesting thing...if we want to accomplish the impossible, and if the Devils want to, we're talking about a very long winning streak. If that's the case, you have to wonder how long Marty is stuck on the bench. Then you have to wonder how long he'll be comfortable with it.

Now they might lose next game and Marty goes back in, but you just don't know. If the Devils keep winning, it could be an interesting story line.

Marty won't make waves. For all the talk around here about how he has an ego (and any great athlete does to some degree) he didn't cause a fuss when he was benched earlier in the year, he didn't say boo when he got hosed at the Olympics and he more than anyone knows what the deal is now and how good Hedberg is playing.

It's only a matter of time before Moose slips. But then again, Brodeur hasn't had his sharpest of seasons. Personally, I don't think the goalie playing will make that much of a difference - the guys playing in front of them have really turned the team around.

I agree with what you're saying. Heddy will slip eventually; it'll probably be in our next loss, and I feel the game after is when Marty will get his next start. While I feel the goalie playing won't be the difference in every game we play, it can be the difference in a few of the games we play this year, and every game is so important at this point.

We were winning with Marty, too. The whole team has turned around. Marty was winning before the injury and Moose didn't miss a beat coming in and continuing the run.