Will Devils retire Patrik Elias' No. 26...?

Rock

Will Devils retire Patrik Elias' No. 26 now that he's reached 800 career points?

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/02/with_800_points_patrik_elias_r.html

“He made the play when Arnie scored that big goal,” Ilya Kovalchuk said. “He wins. And 800 points happen for a reason. He’s a skilled guy. I’m sure he’s going to get a lot more than 800.”

“Injuries are part of it. It’s a tough sport. Everybody goes through it,” Elias said. “Hopefully I can get another 200 here. To reach 800 is satisfying.”

“He’s an intelligent player,” Lemaire said. “When he’s healthy, he can do a lot of things. His mind is really good right now. He’s playing his best hockey.”

Who knows? He's still got lots left in the tank :uni:

Why speculate? Just let him enjoy the journey there. The instant we all saw those tears in his eyes during the first number retirement you knew how he felt. Step by step Patty!! We want you there -- but you're still in the process of earning it :wub:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I want Neids's 27 there.... I just want him to appreciate it. I just don't think it's in him.

But he nonetheless belongs there if only because the Devils deserve to take the credit for making him.

It's just hurts to feel the credit is being taken not bestowed by the man himself.

It hurts to not be allowed to then give the credit right back to him.

With #4 The player said You made me

and the team then said Maybe so, but you in turn made us.

That's beautiful - that's what you want.

That's what everyone deserves in the case of Neids.

it will happen for a fleeting moment during the ceremony and then it will all go back to the unappreciative way it was. :saddevil: Why we have to live for the fleeting moments so often i guess. -_-

:mellow: Well - that's it. Neids is incapable of emotional surrender. to anything or anyone. Why punish the guy for that. That trait is probably what helped make him so great.

Retire #27 - it's the right thing to do

I mean Nieds... sorry :smilegah:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Definitely #26 should be retired. As this rate Lou will be forced to allow numbers above 31 permanently. We already have 32 for Palmieri and 34 for Fayne. I remember the days with 44 for Richer, 89 for Mogilny and 93 for Gilmour. Its just kind of nice to see guys be able to pick their number instead of recycling the same few numbers all the time.

Why are they talking about this now? He's not done yet. Let's talk about his performance during the playoff push.

26 will be retired - no debate.

I want Neids's 27 there.... I just want him to appreciate it. I just don't think it's in him.

But he nonetheless belongs there if only because the Devils deserve to take the credit for making him.

It's just hurts to feel the credit is being taken not bestowed by the man himself.

It hurts to not be allowed to then give the credit right back to him.

Edited by ben00rs