danellisproblems

ZeroGravityFat

During August, Dan Ellis tried to make a comparison between a working individual and how much they make for how long they work versus how much hockey players make compared to how hard they work

Ellis was trying to make a point saying its not fair for people to chastise them [hockey players] cause they work very hard to earn their checks.

It completely blew up in his face and the backlash forced Ellis, who was a fan of his fans and communicated with a lot of his followers on Twitter, to disable his account.

People ganged up on him, and pretty much pulled the high school mentality of 'lets make fun of someone because they said something the wrong way' instead of being adults and using actual logic to try to figure out what he actually meant.

I've met Ellis, had conversations with him, nice guy and definitely not the villain which a lot of people painted him out to be.

Edited by jagknife

During August, Dan Ellis tried to make a comparison between a working individual and how much they make for how long they work versus how much hockey players make compared to how hard they work

Ellis was trying to make a point saying its not fair for people to chastise them [hockey players] cause they work very hard to earn their checks.

It completely blew up in his face and the backlash forced Ellis, who was a fan of his fans and communicated with a lot of his followers on Twitter, to disable his account.

People ganged up on him, and pretty much pulled the high school mentality of 'lets make fun of someone because they said something the wrong way' instead of being adults and using actual logic to try to figure out what he actually meant.

I've met Ellis, had conversations with him, nice guy and definitely not the villain which a lot of people painted him out to be.

Eh, anytime a millionaire complains about money it's gonna come back to them.

well if you keep with the times old man, you would know what i'm talking about.

i knew exactly what you were talking about. still, it's like you told me a punchline without a set up. and i'm someone who gets it - to anyone not in the loop of wysh trolling, your title and thread are totally incomprehensible.

Edited by Triumph

Eh, anytime a millionaire complains about money it's gonna come back to them.

oh i 100% agree, the second he tweeted it and i read it i sent him a direct message sayin he was stirring the sh!t pot.

i dont blame the back-lash by a lot of people for it [some made valid arguments] others just ignored the hell out any logic and just freaked for the sake of it. its like those people who get offended over nothing just for the sake of being angry or offended.

i knew exactly what you were talking about. still, it's like you told me a punchline without a set up. and i'm someone who gets it - to anyone not in the loop of wysh trolling, your title and thread are totally incomprehensible.

This.

Im 21 here and a product of the technology generation so theoretically I should've got this referance, but it completely went over my head as well and just came off, as tri put it, "totally incomprehensible". Granted I kinda hate twitter so it was pretty much a garenteed miss with me, but I think that's the point.

I will say though that the whole thing is definatly funnier now knowing the story behind it.

time for another zerogravityfat thread where he assumes that we know what the hell he is talking about.

Hey -- we can start a club!! :boogie:

On the bright side for you Triumph doesn't even dignify my post with any sort of acknowledgement. I think he's got me on ignore.

Edited by Pepperkorn