The 2011 Comprehensive Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: STL trades Brad Boyes to BUF for 2nd round pick in 2011. Done deal.

Boyes can score goals. definitely makes the sabres better

:boogie:

Solid move for the beginning to the Pegula era...2nd round pick not a bad price...now Darcy PLEASE find a defensive minded dman somewhere!!!

price paid seems really high to me. regier has the go-ahead to add salary so he adds a bad one, and pays to do it. i guess there's not many free agents and buffalo isn't a prime destination, but still, that boyes contract is bad news.

they dont have much offensive talent aside from Roy, Stafford and Vanek. I dont think a second is bad at all, and clearly, the new owner is willing to spend. Boyes' 41 pts ranks him second on the sabres

price paid seems really high to me. regier has the go-ahead to add salary so he adds a bad one, and pays to do it.

Well $4.5M this year and $4 million next...he is Connolly II I suppose...I fully expect the Sabres to move Tim C tomorrow, hopefully get some d help

they dont have much offensive talent aside from Roy, Stafford and Vanek. I dont think a second is bad at all, and clearly, the new owner is willing to spend. Boyes' 41 pts ranks him second on the sabres

does pominville not exist? how about ennis, who's not there now, but will be soon?

i don't think a 2nd is bad per se, it's clearly not a strong draft, but i hate that boyes contract going forward.

edit: it's not as bad as i thought, i thought it ended in 2013.

Edited by Triumph

A second for a habitual 40+ point scorer seems like a fair deal. Yes, 4 mill is a little high but like Mantz just said second on the team in points now is pretty good.

does pominville not exist? how about ennis, who's not there now, but will be soon?

i don't think a 2nd is bad per se, it's clearly not a strong draft, but i hate that boyes contract going forward.

forgot about pominville.

his cap hit isn't great but like you said, Buffalo isn't gonna attract many free agents

Well Boyes will be in a better 'system' to fit his skills...I think Boyes can flourish with the Sabres versus the Blues conserative style..

forgot about pominville.

his cap hit isn't great but like you said, Buffalo isn't gonna attract many free agents

Amen to that and even as a Buffalo fan, I have no i$$ue$ admitting that to be true