The 2011 Comprehensive Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think there are some trade calls that haven't been announced yet but given how slow today went I'm not getting my hopes up.

By 4pm its pretty much over, but there should be some tricklers in by then. The deal has to be at the office by now though.

By 4pm its pretty much over, but there should be some tricklers in by then. The deal has to be at the office by now though.

I always remember 2002 when Lou acquired Niewendyk & Langenbrunner -- the deal wasn't announced until after 5pm EST. Not that I'm expecting anything like that now, just sayin'.

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Arnott is waiving NTC to go to the Capitals. Just saw on Tradecentre.

Can't say I'm surprised at how slow today was, but MAN am I disappointed.

lol if most of the deals that have happened in the last three weeks all happened today then it might have been one of the greatest deadlines ever, but since a lot of teams finished their dealing earlier it made deadline day boring. Which is just fine with me since I'm never home for deadline day and get zero in terms of real updates other than during lunch :P

Plus with the insane parity of the NHL the line between seller and buyer is still pretty blurred, particuarly in the West.

I'm pretty surprised Andy Greene wasn't moved.

This is Lou we're talking about, if he was alive 250 years ago he would have been John Paul Jones - 'I have not yet begun to fight!'

Edited by NJDevs4978