Devils Trade Arnott to Capitals

thefiestygoat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is you brought up how it was a good financial move, and it's not. I'm not saying he is worth more or less than his contract, I'm saying your point of clearing up Arnott's cap space is irrelevant.

Edited by hurricane1091

The point is you brought up how it was a good financial move, and it's not. I'm not saying he is worth more or less than his contract, I'm saying your point of clearing up Arnott's cap space is irrelevant.

I understand what you're both saying, I think.

On one hand Arnott's salary was gone after the year so we should ignore it. On the other hand someone had to take Arnott's spot on the roster. Getting someone on a fair value contract to replace Arnott's roster spot is a helpful move for the future.

Josefson is still set to have his contract slide. Limit is 10 games, Josefson is at 8.

Well, so much for this.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/josefson_to_get_his_chance_in_the_middle_steckels_faceoff_prowess_an_asset/

Now, even with Steckel replacing Arnott in the middle, Lemaire plans to give Josefson a chance to show what he can do at center over the last quarter of the season.

“He’s young and he’s going to have a chance to play to the end of the season,” Lemaire said. “If he does well, the door is open.”

Just how much will his cap hit jump next year? IIRC, it's more than a mil.

So he'll be going UFA instead of RFA?

No, he just turns RFA a year earlier.

Right now he is on his 3 year ELC. By not playing 10 NHL games his ELC would get extended by an extra year, effectively making it a 4 year ELC deal. So instead of getting Josefson at 900k in 2013-2014 they'll have to pay whatever he re-signs for.

it's one thing for lemaire to say something like this before lou pulls the rug out and sends JJ back because it is the smartest thing to do. he may just not be aware of the cap ramifications and just answer the media about JJ and give him confidence.

we'll know for sure if he's playing against Pittsburgh on Friday.