March 18th is Retro Night.

Neb00rs

Retro Night.  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Still Be In The Playoff Race? (8 games until then - we probably need to go 7-1)

Ok. So It looks like retro night actually might have significance again after this whole year I thought nobody would even go with this team in last place. It sure would be sweet to show Arnott he shouldn't have given up on us.

Edited by ben00rs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol what's everyone killing Arnott for...he's not going to have many playoffs left, especially with the way he's played this year. I can't exactly blame him for not betting on winning the proverbial lottery here.

I just find it amusing we managed to get so much for him when people were lowering the bar daily on what to expect. I figured we'd still get the 2nd, but to get that and a role player too is off the charts.

yeah, uh, why are we booing arnott? he was nothing but honest here. i dont blame the guy for wanting to win at the end of his career. the guy is being realistic here. i don't see it as him "giving up" on the team. don't take it so personally!

hell, the only reason i'm annoyed with him is because he contributed so very little to the recent run -- but all is forgiven now because he's a cap and that's that. i'm excited to see how steckel fairs in new jersey. plus, we shed a ton of salary AND we got a pick to boot. i'd cheer arnie merely for THAT.

will we be in the playoff race? probably not. i'm sure anything is possible but i'm just going to enjoy a fun retro night. i love these things.

yeah, uh, why are we booing arnott? he was nothing but honest here. i dont blame the guy for wanting to win at the end of his career. the guy is being realistic here. i don't see it as him "giving up" on the team. don't take it so personally!

hell, the only reason i'm annoyed with him is because he contributed so very little to the recent run -- but all is forgiven now because he's a cap and that's that. i'm excited to see how steckel fairs in new jersey. plus, we shed a ton of salary AND we got a pick to boot. i'd cheer arnie merely for THAT.

will we be in the playoff race? probably not. i'm sure anything is possible but i'm just going to enjoy a fun retro night. i love these things.

This X 1,000.

I'll cheer Arnott when they announce his name (if he starts), but I will boo him if he scores. Once the game starts then all bets are off as far as I'm concerned.

I think we'll still be in the race by retro night. That's an easy stretch of games, especially with the Penguins injuries. The real test is after that. Hopefully we're still in the race come April fools.

Except this is not his last year. So every year for the rest of his career he needs to start the season on a contender or be traded to one at the deadline.What is he, royalty?

Arnott showed up some nights and others his heart was completely out of it - just like he did for us 10 years ago. Now he's bailed on us and I definitely boo him on the 18th.

Except this is not his last year. So every year for the rest of his career he needs to start the season on a contender or be traded to one at the deadline.What is he, royalty?

Arnott showed up some nights and others his heart was completely out of it - just like he did for us 10 years ago. Now he's bailed on us and I definitely boo him on the 18th.

lol at the bailed on us part. For one he's not a FA, he had to be traded. The only reason Lou had to meet with him is to see what teams he would okay a deal to. Lou could have told him to go scratch if he didn't find an offer to his liking but heck he found a deal you could justify if we were ten points in front, never mind ten points back.

But somehow I guess it's okay when vets flock here after every other trade deadline but when the shoe's on the other foot it's not okay for a vet to leave us. We really show how inexperienced we are as a fanbase with the other side of deadline deals :lol:

As for the not showing up part, we'll see in Washington. If he still plays like crap there then he's just shot. If he is rejuvanated there then you have a point.

And we got more than paid back for ten years ago, another Cup came out of the Arnott trade so I can't exactly hold that against him. Yeah he was a wanker in the end (not unlike Jaime) but he also helped win the second one ON our team as well.

Edited by NJDevs4978

how exactly are you sure this isn't his last year? He is going to be a 35+ free agent. Is a good team going to want him and for how much? I'm not saying he isn't coming back but I don't think he even knows he is 100% coming back next year.

man, you sound like you take this trade so personally. I'm sure if you were in his shoes at his age, you would at least consider what Arnott has done. Sure he hasn't played his best games these past 20 or so, but he was one of the only guys actually scoring during our first half slump. He was the leading goal scorer until December came lmao.

Anyways, I don't get why you and others will boo him. it's not like he went to the Rags or Philly.. We got a great return for a guy who might have moved on from NJ in July.

man, you sound like you take this trade so personally. I'm sure if you were in his shoes at his age, you would at least consider what Arnott has done. Sure he hasn't played his best games these past 20 or so, but he was one of the only guys actually scoring during our first half slump. He was the leading goal scorer until December came lmao.

Anyways, I don't get why you and others will boo him. it's not like he went to the Rags or Philly.. We got a great return for a guy who might have moved on from NJ in July.

blink.gif Personally? I am a Devils fan, I buy tickets - I absolutely take this personally. He showed up for part of the season so it's ok he bailed on us? See: Hedberg vs. Arnott thread

how exactly are you sure this isn't his last year? He is going to be a 35+ free agent. Is a good team going to want him and for how much? I'm not saying he isn't coming back but I don't think he even knows he is 100% coming back next year.

100% he will be back next year. A team just traded a 2nd round draft pick and a solid center for him.

Edited by ben00rs

blink.gif Personally? I am a Devils fan, I buy tickets - I absolutely take this personally. He showed up for part of the season so it's ok he bailed on us? See: Hedberg vs. Arnott thread

100% he will be back next year. A team just traded a 2nd round draft pick and a solid center for him.

so no 36 year old player with 1150+ games has never retired? what a scumbag for wanting to guarentee a playoff spot.