"Ahhh, Lou... Ahhhh, Lou... C'mon man, we really like this pla

DJ Eco

Ahhhhh Lou... Ahhhhhh Lou.... C'mon man, we really like this place!

fight_club+lou.jpg

Tip of the cap if you immediately guessed the movie quote.. But more importantly, Greene and Hedberg made it clear this past week to Uncle Lou that they want to stay here. What are your thoughts? Come July, do you think Hedberg has a shot for a few more years of glory alongside Marty? Will (and should) Greene get re-signed or is Lou happy with Taormina and the young guns? Are you happy with Corrente, Taormina, Urbom, and the young guns? Discuss!

Edited by DJ Eco

Haha, I've never connected that quote with our Lou before.

I like Greene, and I'd prefer to keep him if possible, and how could you not like Tao. Honestly, as far as Corrente and Urbom go, I don't think they fit on this team for a few years, especially if we're gonna have Fraser sticking around for a while.

And as for Hedberg, I'm doubtful. I like him a lot, and I don't want to just let him go like nothing happened, but we can't have a tandem of two 38-year-olds next year. We need a younger guy to get in there (and I'm not talking about McKenna).

Corrente needs to get back in the team and preform otherwise other players are going to bypass him and take his spot. Fayne is already doing a pretty good job of that.

Taormina has a lot to learn in his own end, but before he got injured he showed some very positive signs and some real potential. Greene can stay but only for the right price, becuase if JL is not the coach next season , who knows which Andy Greene we are going to get?

I like Moose but I would prefer him for less $$$$$.

Corrente needs to get back in the team and preform otherwise other players are going to bypass him and take his spot. Fayne is already doing a pretty good job of that.

Fayne is seemingly light years ahead of Corrente and every other defensive prospect. Assuming he doesn't have some crazy collapse, I would say his spot is safe.

Would love to keep Greene...he's a different player under Lemaire.

Okay....I am stumped. what is this from?

Ahhhhh Lou... Ahhhhhh Lou.... C'mon man, we really like this place!

fight_club+lou.jpg

Tip of the cap if you immediately guessed the movie quote.. But more importantly, Greene and Hedberg made it clear this past week to Uncle Lou that they want to stay here. What are your thoughts? Come July, do you think Hedberg has a shot for a few more years of glory alongside Marty? Will (and should) Greene get re-signed or is Lou happy with Taormina and the young guns? Are you happy with Corrente, Taormina, Urbom, and the young guns? Discuss!

Fayne is seemingly light years ahead of Corrente and every other defensive prospect. Assuming he doesn't have some crazy collapse, I would say his spot is safe.

Fayne looked awful when he first came up though.

Who knows what 30+ games in the NHL might do for the other prospects. I'd like to see corrente (or Tao, other prospect, etc.) get 40-ish games under his belt, and see where he is after that.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Fayne looked awful when he first came up though.

Who knows what 30+ games in the NHL might do for the other prospects. I'd like to see corrente (or Tao, other prospect, etc.) get 40-ish games under his belt, and see where he is after that.

+1, but if we're idly speculating, I like Urbom and Tao, Fayne is clearly a keeper, hopefully top 4, definitely top 5, but I don't like Corrente. I'd like to see us roll A-Train and White, Tallinder and Fayne, and Urbom and Tao next year, pick Urbom and Tao's shifts carefully early, build them up gradually. Much as I like Greene, kids need to get NHL playing time to get better. We need to deal with the growing pains at some point, and it's too easy to sit them if you have good vets on the team.