Church Protests Fallen Gay Soldier's Funeral

Yea I agree Jerry, What happened to common decency in this country? Did it ever even exist might be a better question, but I digress, Christians are supposed to believe god is forgiving and such why would they feel god wants them to hate and cause others pain? Their views seem twisted and evil. I can go on and on but I think it's obvious where I am going.

Yea I agree Jerry, What happened to common decency in this country? Did it ever even exist might be a better question, but I digress, Christians are supposed to believe god is forgiving and such why would they feel god wants them to hate and cause others pain? Their views seem twisted and evil. I can go on and on but I think it's obvious where I am going.

They would disagree, they believe, I think, that your view of God is twisted. They believe in the smiting and hateful God, not the current cuddly God.

Really? You're going to apply this to all Christians? a$hole.

BTW, this is old old old news. The WBC has been news for years now. The story was on the final supreme court ruling it against the of the lawsuit against the church.

Edited by ben00rs

Really? You're going to apply this to all Christians? a$hole.

BTW, this is old old old news. The WBC has been news for years now. The story was on the final supreme court ruling it against the of the lawsuit against the church.

I was applying it to WBC...

Sorry I guess it's fairly obvious that not all Christians believe that god is forgiving and such and feel that god wants them to hate and cause others pain. My bad, their views aren't twisted at all. I grew up going to a Christian Academy, must have just been sick on the days they taught us to hate.

I am such an a$$hole.

Edited by NJDevils1214

I was applying it to WBC...

Sorry I guess it's fairly obvious that not all Christians believe that god is forgiving and such and feel that god wants them to hate and cause others pain. My bad, their views aren't twisted at all.

I am such an a$hole.

Yes, you are an a$$hole for hinting that this has anything to do with Christianity. I bet you would also argue that there are plenty of Muslims who want to terrorize the free world.

Way to fall into that contradiction.

By your assumption if I believe that almost every Muslim is a terrorist, I must also believe that there are a lot of Catholics that want another crusade to retake the holy land.:rofl: I thought it was pretty obvious I was only refering to the one church and comparing what I learned as a Christian vs what their views are. They must do it different in Kansas. Either way I don't think it was merited to start calling me an a$$hole.

Alito's descent Thought this was a great read. At least 1 of the 9 had some common sense.

I also thought it was a good read.

Edited by NJDevils1214

This ruling is a travesty, it has nothing to do with the 1st amendment. Hopefully states will take it upon themselves to impose restrictions on protesters around funerals.

Alito's descent Thought this was a great read. At least 1 of the 9 had some common sense.

The ruling applies to the states. The restrictions they can put on these sorts of things is pretty limited.

The ruling applies to the states. The restrictions they can put on these sorts of things is pretty limited.

The ruling applies that WBC has the right to protest military funerals in their own vile way without being held liable. The court in it's verdict specifically did not mention the states rights to place limitations on the distance the protests must be from a funeral.

IE WBC had a restriction of 1,000 feet, that could be extended to say, one mile.

Edited by squishyx

By your assumption if I believe that almost every Muslim is a terrorist, I must also believe that there are a lot of Catholics that want another crusade to retake the holy land.:rofl: I thought it was pretty obvious I was only refering to the one church and comparing what I learned as a Christian vs what their views are. They must do it different in Kansas. Either way I don't think it was merited to start calling me an a$hole.

If that's what you meant, I read wrong and apologize.

If that's what you meant, I read wrong and apologize.

Accepted. I was watching some youtube videos and found this one that was pretty good from 20/20. Gives you a better idea than the description on paper. They seem more like a hate group that actively uses religion as a weapon/justification which makes sense since a large portion of the "church" is composed of one family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50r0CnKq7_k

Edited by NJDevils1214

Accepted. I was watching some youtube videos and found this one that was pretty good from 20/20. Gives you a better idea than the description on paper. They seem more like a hate group that actively uses religion as a weapon/justification which makes sense since a large portion of the "church" is composed of one family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50r0CnKq7_k

They are very hateful and cult-like. They don't let their members outside of their own grounds much. There was a documentary on them a few years ago in which they went inside the church and revealed how crazy and hateful they actually are. What's sick is that they have the kids hold the disgusting signs too and teach them to hate early on. There was an escapee in the documentary who talked about what the strict brainwashing did behind cameras too. The place is like a madrasah in America.

I fvcking detest this group of people. A bunch of pathetic human beings. This is not the first nor the last that we will hear from these bunch of degenerates. d

It would have been the last we heard of them if they lost this case. Most disgusting is the 100,000 dollars the Snyder family will have to pay to the WBC people because of legal fees. Luckily Bill O'Reilly offered to pay the fees but it's still disgusting.

They are very hateful and cult-like. They don't let their members outside of their own grounds much. There was a documentary on them a few years ago in which they went inside the church and revealed how crazy and hateful they actually are. What's sick is that they have the kids hold the disgusting signs too and teach them to hate early on. There was an escapee in the documentary who talked about what the strict brainwashing did behind cameras too. The place is like a madrasah in America.

I believe there was a doc by Louis Theroux, it was really good, but it revealed how throughly sinister they were but also at the same time how stupid they are. When they asked questions to the children it became so clear how backwards thier whole logic is and you could see the awkwardness on the adults faces.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, I've graduated from a Catholic high school, and throughout my teachings the gay "problem" is essentially gone to about 97% of Catholics. Most people don't care about what you like in the bedroom anymore.

Edited by Unkown Soul

I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, I've graduated from a Catholic high school, and throughout my teachings the gay "problem" is essentially gone to about 97% of Catholics. Most people don't care about what you like in the bedroom anymore.

I remember in CCD when the priest told us we couldn't masturbate....or have lustful thoughts about girls.... lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.