Devils knock Rags out of playoffs...

AEWHistory

Okay, I know, it isn't likely to happen, but today I was looking at the standings and noticed that Carolina is actually in 7th with 3 games in hand, meanwhile we're in 12th--10 points back--also with three games in hand. That means that simply winning out on the games in hand would close most of those points. After that we'd have I think 16 games to play 4 or 5 points better than the Rags to make the playoffs. This isn't impossible, but neither is it a breeze. Unkie Lou dug himself a big ole hole this year, but Lemaire has really performed well overcoming this start. Anyway, I'd love to go from worst team in the league to knocking the Rags into onto the golf course and out of the playoffs. So, whaddya think... can Lemaire do it?

As an aside, after the roller-coaster nightmare that this season has been, who'd prefer the Devils not make the playoffs and just get a better pick? As much as I love this hot streak that we're on, I feel like we're missing an opportunity to get the sort of draft picks that we've missed for nearly two decades. And since this season has been a loss anyway, or is likely to be, I'd hate to lose a year AND the opportunity to have a pick of the litter in the draft...... except that the thrill of knocking the Rags out of the playoffs after being worst for much of the season is sooooo sweet. I'm so torn.

Edited by AEWHistory

i was in the camp of the pick before this insane run...larrson, hopkins, or that big swede landslog or however you spell it...but we're more likely to pick 8th or higher at in the end...lets hope for a skinner

in four years lets see who finish's better ott and edm or the devils...rebuild vs. always going for it...bet we still have thee better record

Okay, I know, it isn't likely to happen, but today I was looking at the standings and noticed that Carolina is actually in 7th with 3 games in hand, meanwhile we're in 12th--10 points back--also with three games in hand. That means that simply winning out on the games in hand would close most of those points. After that we'd have I think 16 games to play 4 or 5 points better than the Rags to make the playoffs. This isn't impossible, but neither is it a breeze. Unkie Lou dug himself a big ole hole this year, but Lemaire has really performed well overcoming this start. Anyway, I'd love to go from worst team in the league to knocking the Rags into onto the golf course and out of the playoffs. So, whaddya think... can Lemaire do it?

As an aside, after the roller-coaster nightmare that this season has been, who'd prefer the Devils not make the playoffs and just get a better pick? As much as I love this hot streak that we're on, I feel like we're missing an opportunity to get the sort of draft picks that we've missed for nearly two decades. And since this season has been a loss anyway, or is likely to be, I'd hate to lose a year AND the opportunity to have a pick of the litter in the draft...... except that the thrill of knocking the Rags out of the playoffs after being worst for much of the season is sooooo sweet. I'm so torn.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Prefer to not make the playoffs?!? HELL NO! Especially with the hot streak we are on right now. If we get into the playoffs we will be hands down the most feared team in the East. It would mean we played absolutely RIDICULOUS hockey for the second half of the season, something like 32-9 or so. If we squeak in I really believe we would have a legit shot at being the Road Warriors all the way to a Cup championship.....

Edited by ThreeCups

a) I wouldnt even think about playoff matches... we have almost no chance to make the playoffs.

b) Who knows what team we will need to worry about in the end... we need to worry about ourselves, and our play. At the start of this nearly impossible run, we were aiming for Carolina. We are now 3 pts behind Carolina, with TWO games in hand.

Teams streak, teams tailspin. Its why the Devils are going with this one game at a time... start thinking to much about the future, and your future will be swinging golf clubs super early.

a) I wouldnt even think about playoff matches... we have almost no chance to make the playoffs.

b) Who knows what team we will need to worry about in the end... we need to worry about ourselves, and our play. At the start of this nearly impossible run, we were aiming for Carolina. We are now 3 pts behind Carolina, with TWO games in hand.

Teams streak, teams tailspin. Its why the Devils are going with this one game at a time... start thinking to much about the future, and your future will be swinging golf clubs super early.

3 pts behind Carolina? I wish lol

While I sit at the edge of the chair every game, this is still the best case senario as far as I'm concerned. This was a dead year. But yet--we have the greatest over all streak in the league this year. So if we dont make it, we died trying and will still be able to obtain a decent draft pick. It's the best of both worlds to me.

Since when no franchise from the tri-state haven't reach playoff ?

Neither rangers, Islanders or Devils...

I don't even know if that happen one year !

I was thinking about that before. I don't think it's ever happened. Or at least since the Devils have been in NJ.

Edited by Korean Kid 23

We make the playoffs this year, wins are better than picks, and I don't give a rats behind about the rags or canes one way or the other. They stand in our way, they go down.

And they ARE going down! :burn: BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!

Edited by jim777

just saw the end of the rags replay from last night vs. wild. Anyone see the Stars of the Game graphic at the end? WTF is with Avery's picture? Is he trying to look like a bigger douche with those fashion glasses in his stock photo?:lol:

I realize Buffalo is probably going to pass the Rangers, but right now they are the 8th seed. We are 10 points behind them with 3 games in hand. That means if we win tonight and they lose we will be 8 points behind them with 3 games in hand. That has the potential to be cut to 2 points behind them if we win all our games in hand.