Lemaire on Josefon: “As a hockey player, you want him on your team

Rock

Lemaire on Josefon: “As a hockey player, you want him on your team”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/

“This kid has it, there’s no doubt,” Lemaire said. “He just turned 20 a couple of days ago and he’s a good player right now. If you look at his stats, his stats are not that great, but as a hockey player, you want him on your team.”

“I think how he understands the game, where he goes on the ice, when he plays when he doesn’t have the puck, what is he going to do? When he has the puck, what he’s doing with the puck. He’s quick. He’s strong. He’s got good hands. Sees the ice well. So, he’s got a lot of qualities.

“As soon as he’ll get that scoring quality, he’ll be a player.”

Our two top offensive prospects this season have been complete opposites of one another. Tedenby immediately created chances offensively, but needed a lot of polishing defensively and had to work his way out of the doghouse. Josefson, meanwhile, is playing better all-around and getting praise from Lemaire but not creating so much offensively.

Lemaire also mentions that he thinks good things of a line including Josefson and Kovalchuk. That seemingly opens the door for Parise to jump back with Zajac, should he return this season.

Though I like Josefson's general, all-around play, I have also noticed that he has a surprisingly strong wrist shot. Good to see since most of the complaints about him as a prospect were that he doesn't shoot much. Looks like he has the tools he just needs to get more experienced with using them. Hope he gets his first goal soon.

Lemaire also mentions that he thinks good things of a line including Josefson and Kovalchuk. That seemingly opens the door for Parise to jump back with Zajac, should he return this season.

Would be nice to see depending on the other winger. I don't like the idea of a Kovy-Josefson-Palmieri line. Even though Kovalchuk's defensive play has improved and Josefson is good, Zajac will still make up much better defensively for Kovy

Our two top offensive prospects this season have been complete opposites of one another. Tedenby immediately created chances offensively, but needed a lot of polishing defensively and had to work his way out of the doghouse. Josefson, meanwhile, is playing better all-around and getting praise from Lemaire but not creating so much offensively.

As lemaire said a week or so ago it's easy to praise a player when they are going well. It's when they are playing well and not producing is when they need the pat on the back or at least the acknowlegment that the coach notices the good play and to keep it going.

He isn't just saying this off the top of his head, there is logic behind it. like most of what Jaques says to the press(and I'm not disputing what he says just trying to dig a little deeper so PK doesn't have too).

Just like giving teddy the first shot in the SO, it reinforces that Jaques believes in him offensivly as much as anyone on the team. It's the other end of the ice that is costing him shifts and or games. He won't berate him for taking off an optional skate, but if he doesn't produce on the ice tonight, you will hear about it after the game. I don't mind young players taking the optionals off occasionally, especially this time of year. He played 60 games last year, i'm sure he is tired physically and or mentally despite being benched here and there. rookies tend to tail off at this time of year. He just better play at full speed during the game tonight or they will become less of an option for him specifically.

Hopefully he keeps learning from Lemaire and Oates. I'm sure having veterans like Zajac and Steckel to gain little tidbits of advice helps as well. It's exciting to to think that next year the Devils centers could potentially be Zajac, Josefson, Henrique, and Steckel.

I'm not entirely sold on Henrique. I feel as if I've seen enough of Yayo to anoint him as a solid NHL center. Once he becomes fully developed, he'll become a real gem. Henrique I haven't seen enough of.

I'm not entirely sold on Henrique. I feel as if I've seen enough of Yayo to anoint him as a solid NHL center. Once he becomes fully developed, he'll become a real gem. Henrique I haven't seen enough of.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not there. Henrique has been one of the best players in Albany this season (certainly the best prospect) and one of the top rookie AHL players in the entire league. Josefson will be ahead of him in terms of NHL experience, but Henrique will get a good look in camp next year and definitely has an NHL career ahead of him.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not there. Henrique has been one of the best players in Albany this season (certainly the best prospect) and one of the top rookie AHL players in the entire league. Josefson will be ahead of him in terms of NHL experience, but Henrique will get a good look in camp next year and definitely has an NHL career ahead of him.

this. i'm thinking they might start him out at left wing next year if there's a spot there but move him back to center in 2013 - steckel, zajac, and elias's contracts all expire at the same time.

this. i'm thinking they might start him out at left wing next year if there's a spot there but move him back to center in 2013 - steckel, zajac, and elias's contracts all expire at the same time.

I hadn't thought of that but that's probably a good idea, as long as he doesn't forget how to play center.