Devils hosting Red Cross Blood Drive @ Pru Center

Colin226

The Devils are sponsoring a Red Cross Blood Drive

@ Prudential Center - April 9th - 7am to 1pm

Participants receive a free t-shirt, drawstring bag, and are entered to win autographed merchandise

Following the event, participants are invited to a Viewing Party in the Acela Club to see the Devils vs. Rangers at 12:30pm

-------

Space is limited so sign up now: http://www.redcrossblood.org/devils

Parking will probably be $5 in the parking deck, but the details of that are still being worked out

It's free stuff, a viewing party in the Acela Club, and the most important thing is that it's a good cause

197768_10150110877774583_78722009582_6159883_5561988_n.jpg

I just made my appointment. 10am. Will be my second time donating with the Devils.

Mike

Awesome.

I made mine later since I will be taking the Path from the city and the subays move a bit slower on weekends.

Mike

I was at the one last season, I was happy that many individuals turned out for the event, I was unhappy because I couldn't donate (trips to asia ban me for a year at a time). They gave away red practice jerseys to all that donated. Just a word of caution make sure you follow the instructions on the red cross website for donors PRIOR to donating. A few individuals passed out at the last event, which could be due to not following the pre-donation instructions. Also if you have a condition listed that suggested you do NOT donate it is a good idea to refrain from a donation.

I think a family member or two of mine will be at the event :)

Fyi - parking was free last time if you donated, if I recall correctly.

I was at the last one and got the practice jersey. I made the mistake of drinking after as it was the same day as the NFL Draft and I went to a bar to watch it. Got a huge headache. I wont be drinking again after.

Where is the viewing party at? Hopefully it's close to the arena cause I don't own a car and wont be able to get any place far.

Mike

I was at the last one and got the practice jersey. I made the mistake of drinking after as it was the same day as the NFL Draft and I went to a bar to watch it. Got a huge headache. I wont be drinking again after.

Where is the viewing party at? Hopefully it's close to the arena cause I don't own a car and wont be able to get any place far.

Mike

The Acela club which is what used to be called the Restaurant at the Rock. It is inside the arena.

The Acela club which is what used to be called the Restaurant at the Rock. It is inside the arena.

Lol, yeah I realized that after I sent the response. Stupid me :P

Mike

Me too but I pass out quite a bit when I give blood. Plus I have had Mono within the past 10 years so not sure if they would accept that. Sucks too cause I have blood type O+ and I know they love that.

they :wub: O-

Edited by Dead

Don't they covet both O+ and O- the same because they are universal donors, or one is sought after more than the other?

O- is slightly more universal, in the O- can give blood to everyone whereas O+ can give to everyone accept O-

Being O- is great and you help a lot of people, but when you are hemorrhaging and they need to find blood to give you, they can only give you 1 kind and it's very rare..

O- is slightly more universal, in the O- can give blood to everyone whereas O+ can give to everyone accept O-

Being O- is great and you help a lot of people, but when you are hemorrhaging and they need to find blood to give you, they can only give you 1 kind and it's very rare..

Cool didn't know that.

Again I would donate but since I pass out while giving blood pretty easily and my Mono from a few years back that might prevent me. Plus last time I gave blood I only got a card in return and after I made a big stink over that they gave me a large antique Olmec head. I have no idea what to do with that thing and it just sits in my closet now.

That's why it's taking so long to find a good kidney for Amanda, she's O-

I need to go through the list again, but last year I wouldn't have been eligible to donate, and I feel like it's probably the same now. Which SUCKS royally because I would love to donate on a regular basis. I'm a big supporter of Donate Life (organ and tissue transplanting), and I can't actually participate myself.

O+ can not give to any negatives. A-, B-, AB-, or 0-.

Never really heard O+ called universal only O-.

O- is the universal donor and AB+ is the universal recipient.

Edited by JustinZ