GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS HOST THE ATLANTA THRASHERS 3/15 7PM

ThreeCups

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also tonight Zajac takes the lead for all time Devils consecutive games played beating out Dano. Tonight is Zajacs 388th consecutive game which ties Dano. Early this season, he passed Sergei Brylin at 328 for sole possession of second place.

"It lasted a long time, almost 20 years," Daneyko said of his record. "All records are going to be broken eventually. I'm just glad it's a player like Travis who I admire for his dedication and the way he plays the game. There are going to be days when you don't feel your best. You have to play through injuries and illness, which I'm sure he has. He believes in that, as did I."

"I don't know if it's as big a deal as [the media] are making it, but I've been pretty fortunate to stay healthy for most of my career," Zajac said. "The trainers here are good and the trainers in the summer all make sure I'm able to play all these games. It's pretty impressive that a guy like Daneyko played that many games straight. He was such a presence on the ice, blocking shots, playing tough minutes. I think as a forward it would be a little easier to reach than as a [defenseman]."

Get em Travis!

Lemaire said he and assistant coach Larry Robinson enjoyed seeing Anssi Salmela win Saturday night's game against the Islanders in overtime.

"We laughed," he said. "Part of it was the win. The other part was Sammy scored and the way he did. We just couldn't believe it. That's why we were so excited."

-NJ Online

Edited by Quinn01

.. the rock will going crazy tonight. i'm not sure how many people will be there, but i know i will

I wouldnt be surprised if its a sold out crowd tonight. Seems about the time the Fair weather fans start to show up here and there......

Edited by Quinn01

Also tonight Zajac takes the lead for all time Devils consecutive games played beating out Dano. Tonight is Zajacs 388th consecutive game which ties Dano.

You can't tie and take the lead at the same time ;) He ties tonight and takes the lead from Daneyko Thursday against the Sens.