Here's the thing...

Pepperkorn

I'm addicted to Monk. Not so much a problem... but I'm starting to weigh my surroundings by whether or not Monk could tolerate them.

What bugs me is not that I have similarities to the guy, because I don't -- but that I can't live up to that standard. I have too much going on and need sleep and stuff.

But everything I do is MUDANE! What I find critical is my housework and I can't devote the time necessary to it. I won't. Also.... my incredible cheapness interferes. I realized this when I saw Episode 1 of season four -- jason Alexander stars as the antithesis of Monk hygienically, but still as successful a detective. ... in his office... sat... as the example fo the grossest lazy man's microwave.... MY microwave. I've had that microwave since I got my first apartment. It's my first microwave. My parents got one at the same time. Theirs is long gone. Mine is still I guess more or less limping along now... but it's 22 years old.

Netflix is killing me.... but it has enabled us to get rid of cable!

Whenever I see the captain on that show my mind always goes to "it rubs the lotion on its skin...." :)

I like the episodes with Monk's brother the best. Well wrtitten and well acted, he was a great character and fit in perfectly with Monk.

As long as the door and seal are in good condition it's perfectly safe :)

Its not the radiation that you should be worried about. Its the chances of a short circuit which will cause a fire. Microwaves are relatively cheap. I would play it safe and just go to walmart and get a new one.

Play it safe PK!

Ambrosa, I think. Yeah, I liked those episodes a lot. My favorite episode was Mr. Monk and the Naked man; there was nothing better thans seeing Adrian dealing with all of the nude people.

Really was a fantastic show.

I'll share a little anecdote if anyone cares to listen... instead of being a momma's boy or a daddy's boy or whatever, I am 150% a grandma's boy. I have no shame in saying that my grandma is one of my best friends. When the economic crisis hit, it hit my family pretty hard. My grandparents were going to be forced to move out of the house that they raised my mom in, the house that I quite honestly grew up in. I was probably there as much as I was at my own house. Obviously I took the news rather hard, but I understood that life happens. Anyway, I sat in their living room for every episode of monk. I would ride my bike over, meet my grandma at the door, help my grandpa cook some steaks, and every tuesday night.thursday night/friday night (depending on the season), my grandma, grandpa, a few other assorted family members, and I would watch Monk. It happened, of course, that the last episode of Monk coincided with the last week that my grandparents had in their house. Actually, ironically enough, it was 2 nights before the new owners began moving in. Of course, we weren't going to miss that episode. So, my whole family (around 30 of us) went to "Grandma and Pop Pop's", my dad brought our old tiny TV and hooked it up to the cable box, and we all sat in their completely empty house (obviously there was no furniture left) on the hardwood floor and watched the last episode together.

Naturally, Monk will always have a special place in my heart.

I damn near teared up reading this. That's what family is all about.

whatever it was - it was a waste I'm guessing because I can't see it. Unless one of you dopes quoted it in a reply <_<

I will say -- I think unknown poster is a fine guy - just MASSIVELY competitive and ill equipped to deal with his needs. He can't win many an argument but can't stop himself from engaging. From all I hear he's a very good guy at heart -- just has a really irritating flaw. I can't NOT reply to him. That's my compulsion. I have to have him on ignore so I don't rip him. He brings out the worst in me that's for certain.

Now MONK.... well, he doesn't bring out anything in me really. I just think Monk would hate this. Or I wish I had one of Monk's wipes now. Or...I wish I could live with his simplicity. Then I see how he seals everything in bags and boxes and I think the TIME he must spend... then I think the TIME the set decorators must spend... I wish a set decorator could set my house up. I love sets. I love how everything HAS to have a place. My favorite part of dancing was watching the set guy sweep. He swept every last peice of crap up ... and the floor is so awesome - that black rubbery crap they lay down. I just loved watching that get swept before a performance.

I love watching props put the set back to rights after a show is done. I never did that in the City -- only in regional - then you have time. In NYC it becomes a job like any other and loses it's magic. :saddevil: But you can't stay on the road forever....

OK --- So MONK -- discuss!

I'm submitting a grant today (I HOPE) I'm so sick of working on it... then I have a stupid retreat to run... I have to get back to work. This working thing sucks :P

whatever it was - it was a waste I'm guessing because I can't see it. Unless one of you dopes quoted it in a reply <_<

I will say -- I think unknown poster is a fine guy - just MASSIVELY competitive and ill equipped to deal with his needs. He can't win many an argument but can't stop himself from engaging. From all I hear he's a very good guy at heart -- just has a really irritating flaw. I can't NOT reply to him. That's my compulsion. I have to have him on ignore so I don't rip him. He brings out the worst in me that's for certain.

I'm going to reply to you only because i know this will find it's way to you courtesy of somebody and because I also think it is extremely rude to talk at me while i am on your ignore (however, even though i believe ignore only to be a final resort, after the "first name" issue i am contemplating adding the "september 2002" kangaroo court so i can continue on here without further issue).

Now, considering you've had your blunt say for two separate posts about me, (but yet, i get accused of having a grudge around here) i feel i can do the same as i like to think favorites is not something that is played here. You did touch on the heart of the matter. We both bring out the worst in one another. That much is VERY clear.

I do not think you are a bad person, no matter our differences. I have no immense hate towards you nor do i wish you any bad will. I think you are probably a good person at heart. You just live on your own little planet. While i do think you were truely complementing me on some things, you do sound like you have had some personal interaction with me, either by meeting or seeing me someplace. Maybe we have met somewhere? I don't know, we do share a few mutual friends so maybe that's it. I will say the only thing you've ever gotten correct about me is i am competitive. It's made me successful in my professional endeavours.

Ok, now that the mutual admiration is out of the way, from a pure face value standpoint becuase you are painfully straight edge, I think you live in your own little world amazed someone can have issues with YOU. Day in and day out, the rambling, incoherent, long winded posts about random nonsense and Scott Stevens. Just how do you find the time all day to post all that you do? Furthermore, you have a Mother Goose loyalty to a handful of members here who have their own obvious personality flaws and love to come after me when i engage any of them. Funny how birds of a feather flock together.

Instead of handling our issues with one another in private (i've asked you plenty to do so) or placing me on ignore (and truely forgetting i exist), you continue to talk about me purposely in a fashion that begs a negative reaction (so you and your friends can report me to the site owner, again). This is something that needs to cease. You put someone on ignore to forget about them, not to play adolescent games. Your attempt yesterday in Hell backfired, so i decieded a playful sarcastic jab at you in this thread instead of going the negative route in Hell.

Edited by SJP20

I'm so busy... so yeah unknown poster -- I'm fine with that, it's pretty much how I want to be perceived here.

I have you on ignore because you are very heavy handed and I want to tell you how to be -- but that makes you worse and so it's not fair of me to :blahblah: at you.

Just let things go is all I ask. Chasing down that poor Jaime who I dont even know and haranguing when you were BANNED even. I had NO idea that was you -- none. I did report you, one of the few times I ever reported anyone. I just sent a note saying I'm not sure what this is all about but it might be trouble. I even noted I had no problem with the new guy but he was being WEIRD clinging to this person -- it was weird is all :noclue: You're kind of like that - you latch on like a rabid dog but to your own detriment.

You also take unwelcome liberties -- I do that all the time -- it's AWFUL to be like that -- I feel your pain. and you dont stop -- it's like tourettes even - it runs in my family I think.

Even Scott Steven learned when to say when :evil: seriously -- dont you think it's cool how I can always do that? OBVIOUSLY it amuses me to no end especially when it's a ridiculous stretch. the Niedermayer hate runs a REALLY close second though too easy to go astray on that one though :evil:

I have you on ignore because you are very heavy handed and I want to tell you how to be -- but that makes you worse and so it's not fair of me to :blahblah: at you.

You are entitled to your opinion of me, as i am entitled to mine of you. At least we can respect that.

Just let things go is all I ask. Chasing down that poor Jaime who I dont even know and haranguing when you were BANNED even. I had NO idea that was you -- none. I did report you, one of the few times I ever reported anyone. I just sent a note saying I'm not sure what this is all about but it might be trouble. I even noted I had no problem with the new guy but he was being WEIRD clinging to this person -- it was weird is all :noclue: You're kind of like that - you latch on like a rabid dog but to your own detriment.

I will clear something up, here.

First, that was not me. I know who it was and it came from my computer, but that was not me. That i will stand strong on. It's easy to pin me because how it looked in that thread, but anyone with any familairity could see that was not my "typing".

Everyone holds grudges, lingering disent or pure dislike towards someone. It's human nature. Even on a message board with anon people and among those you are a fan of the same team.

You also take unwelcome liberties -- I do that all the time -- it's AWFUL to be like that -- I feel your pain. and you dont stop -- it's like tourettes even - it runs in my family I think.

Even Scott Steven learned when to say when :evil: seriously -- dont you think it's cool how I can always do that? OBVIOUSLY it amuses me to no end especially when it's a ridiculous stretch. the Niedermayer hate runs a REALLY close second though too easy to go astray on that one though :evil:

You and i might get along without this board despite all our "personality flaws". Thats the problem with these boards. It's impersonal. Have we met, though?

Edited by SJP20

Monk is going to the hockey game in this episode! Sharks - wow Thornton was already there...

I wonder if they'll show it... Rebecca is cracking up! He's trying to swear.. now he's parroting stats - heehee

uh oh... he noticed the glass is smudged.... this won't be good. (heehee he's like me with my computer screen)

AHHHH -- he's wearing a hard hat after almost getting hit with a puck -- my husband was going to make my daughter wear a helmet to games! Hwo do they have hard hats with logos? :huh: