Supporter Section Next Year?!?!

Scoopscj

Tix Prices in attack zone for balcony is 28 per seat, and non attack zone balcony is 22 per tix. Anybody have an idea where the supporters are setting up next year? I want in on that deal but I want to be with the screaming crazy fans!?!

Satan's Hockey got an idea?

Thanks

Scoops

I'm sorry but I have a major gripe with the supporters section and it seems to get worse. I was in section 227 and I could barely hear you guys at all and through most of the game a majority of you were sitting. Only about eight to ten people I'm your section stood up the rest of the game and cheered after Washington first goal. It seems that this section is now populated by what looked to be mostly college aged fair weather fans. I know people like satans hockey and a few others are for real with this section but now it looks like it has turned into a cheap ticket offer and only cheer when we are winning and not when the devils needed it the most like tonight.

I'm sorry but I have a major gripe with the supporters section and it seems to get worse. I was in section 227 and I could barely hear you guys at all and through most of the game a majority of you were sitting. Only about eight to ten people I'm your section stood up the rest of the game and cheered after Washington first goal. It seems that this section is now populated by what looked to be mostly college aged fair weather fans. I know people like satans hockey and a few others are for real with this section but now it looks like it has turned into a cheap ticket offer and only cheer when we are winning and not when the devils needed it the most like tonight.

agreed, forgot they were even there tonight

I'm going to work on getting this fixed, the problem was this was a high demand game so we had a lot of people there who actually purchased their tickets through stubhub and had no idea what the section was and they just didn't care.

If the Devils set it up like the Red Bulls do where you actually have to call the Devils to purchase the tickets this problem will be cut down severely because then when they purchase them over the phone they will be told that it is a "standing, chanting, supporters section"

We had people telling others to sit down tonight, it was just ridiculous. I thought this game might become a problem and it turned out to be a disaster but hey ya live and learn and it will be better at the next game. This was by far our worst game, every other game has had chants throughout the night.

Just doing the order by phone might not be enough as there are plenty of people who will say yes to anyone ok the phone just to get cheap seats. In addition to being only orderly by phone, you have to make these tickets will call only. This way since nothing is mailed out and you news an id to pick it up you cannot list these on stubhub.

Just doing the order by phone might not be enough as there are plenty of people who will say yes to anyone ok the phone just to get cheap seats. In addition to being only orderly by phone, you have to make these tickets will call only. This way since nothing is mailed out and you news an id to pick it up you cannot list these on stubhub.

Well the biggest difference next season is this won't be just a discount anymore since that whole side of the balcony is going to be 22 dollars. This will also weed out the people are just looking for a cheap ticket.

We tried to get stuff going tonight but there was a lot of people there who weren't even Devils fans, hell we even had some Caps fans there. I hated tonight but what can ya do. It can't get any worse then tonight so that's one positive thing at least.

It also doesn't help that they spread us into 2 sections, having us all in 1 section makes things so much easier.

Edited by Satans Hockey

This section isn't the crazies. We participate in all chants regardless of who starts them. This thing started in december (where we went 2-11 for the month), it's not fair weathered. I'm honestly speechless that I just read that. If you were in the section tonight you'd know why it was a total failure, it has nothing to do with the people that are usually there and are really into it.

This section isn't the crazies. We participate in all chants regardless of who starts them. This thing started in december (where we went 2-11 for the month), it's not fair weathered. I'm honestly speechless that I just read that. If you were in the section tonight you'd know why it was a total failure, it has nothing to do with the people that are usually there and are really into it.

Yup, I was in the Supporters Section, surrounded by people who were not into what we're all about but managed to get tix off the jerk who sold seats in the section off stubhub, but I made it a point to help join in to the Let's Go Devils chants that started in 215/16 (which were close to us) and the crazies (which we were too far away to hear most of the time, but we did hear them a couple of times and joined in when we did). By the time you guys in the 200s stopped your chant, we had picked up where you left off (at least, we did while we were still in the game). Obv. we started our own chants too, but we joined in whenever another group started something too.

Major props to those of you in the 200s who start chants night after night. I was a semi-regular in the corners of the 200s the past couple of years and I know the dedication and enthusiasm you all bring every night. It sucks the Supporters Section wasn't consistent tonight, but we're trying.

DevsMan84, yeah, I like the willcall idea too. Idk if that's the right answer, but I know I'd certainly be willing to go through the inconvenience just to make sure the section was only filled with people actually into what we're doing. Definitely at least the order-by-phone method should be used though.

A side note: Idk what the Devils have planned for the Supporters Section next season, but I hope there's some kind of exchange program. I split season tix with someone else who's not into the Supporters Section routine, but I'd really like to exchange my share of the tickets for seats in the Supporters Section.

They have become the crazies 2. Cheer and chant when we are winning, sit and bitch when we are losing.

That's not really fair or accurate. This is the first supporters section that was quite like this. Usually we are standing all game except during intermissions. Personally, I was standing near Satans Hockey and then some people demanded to sit in their actual seats. I went to my seats which were on the aisle and the people behind me were sitting all game. I wasn't going to stand in front of them and create an issue. I'm sure a few other people had similar experiences.

It was retro night, so a lot of people just wanted to get in the door and didn't care what the section was about.

Thing is though the last game I went during the islanders game and I could barely hear them then. Looks like every game the energy level dips on that section more and more. This was not the first time I have been overwhelmed by the section. Early on the first couple of games the supporters section was loud and it just gets quieter with each game.

The Isles game was really loud. We get it, you're not a fan of the section. That is fine. Either help get it loud (start some chants, etc) or just keep quiet and complain when we don't cater to your interests. That's as frank as I can put it.

I cannot control that the wrong people are getting the tickets, which becomes a bigger problem as the team climbs higher in the standings (note: zero problems when the team was in last place with this section). It only takes one family in say, row 10, to want to sit down, to force everyone in front of them to sit down, and it just ruins the entire thing. You're gonna have to be more constructive than just bitching about the noise level from a section you don't even participate in. Agree?

Edited by adam85491

The drum got banned after the viking people came to the game.

Florida was the best game, which is why I can't say that things have gotten worse since day one. Also, I do not count the sharks game, it wasn't organized at all, and the wrong people got tickets.

I'd rank it like this:

Florida (3rd game)

Islanders (4th game)

Nashville (1st game)

Tampa Bay (2nd game)

Capitals (5th game)

Well all I can tell you is from what I see and hear across the arena, and it has been getting quieter every game. Are you able to bring a drum like the redbull vikings did? I think that makes a huge difference.

Drums got banned from the arena after that redbull vikings game. The Devils got too many complaints about it.