Sign in to follow this  
msweet

Rumor Roundup: Wild Burns trade for Parise

Okay guys. First of all, Parise is NOT going anywhere. Trust me on this one. Second of all, stop saying what you would take for Parise. How about nothing? He is NOT going anywhere. In the meantime.... :gd: :gd:

Okay guys. First of all, Parise is NOT going anywhere. Trust me on this one.

Have you been speaking to Lou? Zach? Because if not, we have no idea what Parise's doing. I don't think anyone WANTS Zach to leave, but if we're not getting him long term, it makes sense to figure out what we can get for him, crushing though that may be.

Have you been speaking to Lou? Zach? Because if not, we have no idea what Parise's doing. I don't think anyone WANTS Zach to leave, but if we're not getting him long term, it makes sense to figure out what we can get for him, crushing though that may be.

I haven't talked to those two, but I have been told by people close to the organization that he is not going anywhere. You have to trust me on this one. Not getting into details.

yeah my lab partner's roommate is actually the nephew of Zach's agent's close partner and he says that Zach has no interest in leaving town.

I haven't talked to those two, but I have been told by people close to the organization that he is not going anywhere. You have to trust me on this one. Not getting into details.

The organization may want to keep him but it takes two sides to sign a contract.

Either way I don't think they trade him though, Lou doesn't have a history of trading UFA's just because they're about to become UFA and I think he'll be particuarly averse to dealing Zach in what could be Marty's last year. If he were going to trade him he could get more than the fifty cents on the dollar people here seem willing to take though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Parise for Shea Weber would not be a bad idea to me.

Not enough. Weber is great, but definitely not worth losing Zach over.

I agree that they would have to add, but Havlat? How would we fit Burns AND Havlat in the cap. They'd have to take Rolston and maybe clarkson. I wouldnt be opposed to Parise for Koivu and a 1st

easily. don't forget that the big problem cap-wise only comes because we have to re-sign parise - if we didn't, there'd be no problem at all.

Okay guys. First of all, Parise is NOT going anywhere. Trust me on this one. Second of all, stop saying what you would take for Parise. How about nothing? He is NOT going anywhere. In the meantime.... :gd: :gd:

You need to stop telling people what they can and can't say, buddy. They can discuss potential trade deals for Parise if they want to. Obviously nobody wants to trade Zach, but until he's signed up long term it remains a possibility and it is worth discussing.

Oh great, another guy with secret Devils "sources". Just what this board needs. :rolleyes:

Did he get that from Š„klund (2.3% accurate)? Honestly, let's trade a great team guy, fan favorite, 45 goal scorer not even in his prime yet for an injury prone defenseman. Deal! Maybe if the Wild add in like 4 1sts. I still wouldn't do it though, because I love Parise and I don't want me jersey to be garbage :)

Like others have said already, you may have no choice but to deal him. I don't want him to leave either.

You need to stop telling people what they can and can't say, buddy. They can discuss potential trade deals for Parise if they want to. Obviously nobody wants to trade Zach, but until he's signed up long term it remains a possibility and it is worth discussing.

Oh great, another guy with secret Devils "sources". Just what this board needs. :rolleyes:

Haha I too love these close and anonymous "sources" from deep within the offices of the Devils organization. I will not believe anything until the ink is dry on any contract.

Haha I too love these close and anonymous "sources" from deep within the offices of the Devils organization. I will not believe anything until the ink is dry on any contract.

Trust me, Guys. I know Zach ain't going anywhere I have it on good authority from a guy I saw eating breakfast in the hospital cafeteria yesterday.

He was talking to himself and I asked, "Hey, Guy, Are the Devils going to trade Zach Parise?" and he replied, "Fvcking heroin, Man!"

Works for me!

No, just, No. I hope parise stays. But I can actually see him going to Minny if he doesn't, or Toronto for some weird reason. I will boycott him completely if he goes the Gomez/Holik direction.. cough.

Discuss what you want, but he is not going anywhere.

Discuss what you want, but he is not going anywhere.

And if he is, he's definitely going to LA.

And if he is, he's definitely going to LA.

to be fair, i don't think this poster was around for the summer of kovy.

but i think if Parise is going to sign anywhere as a UFA, it's NYR, LA or MIN. Otherwise, he might as well take the same offer from NJ.

If Parise is wearing blue next year, I think my head will explode from depression.

If Parise is wearing blue next year, I think my head will explode from depression.

the only way this is possible is if they give him a massive offer sheet that the devils don't match - think 10/80.

the only way this is possible is if they give him a massive offer sheet that the devils don't match - think 10/80.

can he really convey such an offer ? he's good but ...

I'd gladly take the picks if someone sheets Parise to a 4 first round pick deal.

I'm sure Buffalo, in a vacuum, wishes they could take the picks over Vanek.

I'd gladly take the picks if someone sheets Parise to a 4 first round pick deal.

I'm sure Buffalo, in a vacuum, wishes they could take the picks over Vanek.

well now that edmonton went completely into the toilet, absolutely. it's not like vanek is worth more than 3 wins a year. but yeah i'd take the picks for sure over that terrible contract.

sundstrom: i was referring to someone who was in the know who knew where scott gomez was going.

Ironically I think his injury this year probably will preclude the crazy offer sheet worry (well, for some...others are praying for it :rolleyes:). I can't see any other team giving him that kind of money AND surrendering four first-rounders for a guy who hasn't played since Halloween.

sundstrom: i was referring to someone who was in the know who knew where scott gomez was going.

i forget what that poster's name was, but he had the smiley face avatar.

i don't think he insisted LA as much as he adamantly said it would NEVER be the Rangers.

the guy was from alaska and knew gomez's family and yada yada yada.

yeah he got sick of our discontent with gonez == and promptly moved to the rags message board ... to hear their dissatisfaction during his stint on broadway...rolleyes.gif

Is it crazy that I honestly believe that the possible assets we obtain in a trade outweigh Zach's contributions in the future? Tedenby is looking to be a top six talent. Think of all the possible players we could get for Parise: a number one center, a number one d man and more! For example: Mikko Koivu + picks. Brent Burns + much more