Devils playoff chances. Who still believes?

Tedenby21

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble is its out of our hands, if we had to win our last nine games (which would be a stretch anyway for most teams) to guarantee ourselves a place then i would say yes, but even if we do that we are not guaranteed a place.

It was fun while it lasted, and it has given the organisation a lot of hope for next season , and shut up a lot of the critics and doom mongers along the way, and being the eternal optimist i wont stop hoping until it says its impossible but its not looking likely.

When we $hat the bed against Ottawa in those two games , i thought to myself "this is now going to be very difficult" because losing to teams below you who you should beat means games such as last night and against Washington become must win games , and the chances of picking up points from the top teams is tough work.

Considering where we were, and the things the team has had to endure this season there are a lot of positives. Josefson, Tedenby and Fayne have shown good things and Kovy’s development in terms of his two way play has been a real positive.

WE are not eliminated yet therefore we can still make it. The problem is having to rely on other teams. This would have been less dramatic had we won 3 of those 4 loses. But then the greatest turn around in NHL history DVD wouldn't be as exciting. koolaid.gif

And Marty needs to play like the immortal that he can be. This being human crap has got to go for 9 games.

I'm very happy with how the team turned it around under Jacques and became a team no one looked forward to playing.

I'm glad to see this season will end with the rest of the NHL still respecting the uniform.

I'm happy to see how everyone on the team pulled up their games to a higher level, whether that be on offense or defense or both.

Whatever happened at the start of the season, they did the exact opposite of roll over and die, and I don't think you could ask for more than that. We all know how easy it is for a group of 24 guys to NOT get on the same page and completely turn it around when it gets as dark as it was for the Devils.

I'm proud of the team, I'm thankful for Jacques' return, and looking forward to seeing what we can do with Parise back next year.

I don't have to believe.

i know I always say contentment is next to death - well I don't actually always say that. in fact I don't think I ever did really but... discontentment breeds progress I guess that's what I kind of say more or less...ANYHOW -- I need to rest on contentment regardless of the outcome of this season. They done good.

I'm not saying give up, just it's fine either way.

Just because you don't believe a struggling team can go 9-0 while 4 other teams collapse doesn't mean you have 'given up on your team.'

It was an awesome run, but they aren't scoring right now and there's not enough time to fix it. And putting in Moose won't fix it, but he deserves a few games down the stretch if he really is calling it a career. He's more than earned it.

I want to Believe, but as each day goes on, it gets harder and harder to!

It has been a great 2nd half to the season. Its just a shame it came abit too late!

I will still believe until i know for sure we wont make it!

Even if we went onto a 9-0-0 that doesnt mean we will make it! Buffalo have to go something like 4-5-0, i just think it is too much to ask really!

I just hope Rags dont make it past first round!!

Edited by cheggy89

This year needs to be a learning experience if anything. Never consider yourself out of the playoff picture until you are officially eliminated. We came pretty darn close to NHL history. Being 27 points out, and shrinking that down to 6 points? That's remarkable.

Even if its not logic and not probable I will still believe till the end because its the New Jersey Devils and that's my team.

If they don't get the 8th spot then I'm O.K with that and I think that what we did in these past couple of months was fantastic and is a great sign for the future.

I don't want to be let down yet again this season, so I'm calling it quits til next year lol. Im not saying they won't make it, hell, if they do, great, but I mean, let's be serious. Buffalo has no signs of slowing down, and the teams ahead of us keep winning. I'll be happy if we finish ahead of Toronto, because I'll be out a case of beer if we dont. :P

With that being said, I am very proud to be a devils fan, and even more proud of us as a group of fans hanging in there, through thick and thin. It's hard to believe I was convinced we were going to finish in dead last about 3 months ago.

Still BELIEVE until the Devils are OFFICIALLY eliminated from playoff contention. Anything can happen and have seen some great finishes over the years. The Devils can do this. One game at a time. Also Buffalo and Carolina are not going to win all of their games. Not an easy schedule for all three teams. Going to be interesting down the stretch.

Just because you don't believe a struggling team can go 9-0 while 4 other teams collapse doesn't mean you have 'given up on your team.'

It was an awesome run, but they aren't scoring right now and there's not enough time to fix it. And putting in Moose won't fix it, but he deserves a few games down the stretch if he really is calling it a career. He's more than earned it.

I couldn't agree more, thank you! People need to be realistic.