26 No More?

Unknown Soul

97 members have voted

1. 1. Should 26 be retired?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Know Yet

26>27

Elias will definitely have his number retired, it is silly to even discuss that. However, in what world does 1,000 points "guarantee entrance"? Tell our Assistant Coach Adam Oates that....

Yeah while I think his number will definitely be retired, I don't think he'll be considered for the HOF. He's just been too low-key for the majority of his career

I think Kovy could pass Patty in all time devils scoring, but I don't see him winning more than one cup, and if we do, I don't think he will have the impact that Elias has had on our team. Kovy is just our skilled guy, nothing more, nothing less. Elias is a leader and an all around great player. I would LOVE to see 26 hanging in the rafters.

The fact that you just said we won't win more than 1 cup in the next 14 years is, well, baffling to say the least.

Next to Marty, greatest Devil of all time to date. Kovy: dont think it would matter. He's only a shooter. His points could potentially end him up in the HOF but I dont think so. Patty not so much HOF material. I dont think the outside world sees him the way we do.

Patty is the greatest Devil forward in the history of the franchise.

He could have went the Gomez-Holik, route and took the big paycheck to go elsewhere when he was a UFA, but he gave Lou a hometown discount, because he believes in the franchise. He sacrificed personal statistics to win two cups, he is our unofficial captain and a great teacher of the game to the younger players.

I still remember Patty during the Scott Stevens ceremony and how his passion and reverence to the franchise and Stevens shinned through.

#26 SHOULD BE RETIRED when Patty is done.

The fact that you just said we won't win more than 1 cup in the next 14 years is, well, baffling to say the least.

Cups aren't easy to come by. It takes just the right team, especially in the salary cap era. I'd be happy with one in the next 14 years.

As for Patty, 26 will be in the rafters one day, no question about it.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Patty is the greatest Devil forward in the history of the franchise.

He could have went the Gomez-Holik, route and took the big paycheck to go elsewhere when he was a UFA, but he gave Lou a hometown discount, because he believes in the franchise. He sacrificed personal statistics to win two cups, he is our unofficial captain and a great teacher of the game to the younger players.

I still remember Patty during the Scott Stevens ceremony and how his passion and reverence to the franchise and Stevens shinned through.

#26 SHOULD BE RETIRED when Patty is done.

amen brother !

Cups aren't easy to come by. It takes just the right team, especially in the salary cap era. I'd be happy with one in the next 14 years.

As for Patty, 26 will be in the rafters one day, no question about it.

I'm a little more optimistic...I'm not gonna throw any hypothetical caps on the number of cups we are going to win in the next decade and a half.

I'm not sure yet..I'm very, very close to yes, but not yet 100% at this time. I'm not against it, I just prefer to wait. He's a very young man

Yes he's the greatest forward we've had --- so far ! It's nothing at all against the player, I just feel retirement should be very, very rare.

There's no rush, let him finish, then wait a few years. Have is number un-officially retired by not being issued. See if he gets into the HHOF, then think about it.

IMO, for a big honor like this let the emotions settle & see how it stands up against time.

Adding, at one time MacLean was our greatest forward of all-time. Goal for 1st playoffs, Part of 1st Cup win, Highest scorer, All-Star rep.

He was an automatic at one time, now maybe people would be split if he should be retired. Some say yes, others no. IMO, best to wait

Adding, at one time MacLean was our greatest forward of all-time. Goal for 1st playoffs, Part of 1st Cup win, Highest scorer, All-Star rep.

He was an automatic at one time, now maybe people would be split if he should be retired. Some say yes, others no. IMO, best to wait

Elias will almost certainly not get into the HHOF, but he is, behind Markus Naslund, the most underrated player of the last 15 years, and certainly a better player than John MacLean. The accolades will not come from the hockey community - it's up to the Devils to recognize what a special player Elias has been.

Elias will almost certainly not get into the HHOF, but he is, behind Markus Naslund, the most underrated player of the last 15 years, and certainly a better player than John MacLean. The accolades will not come from the hockey community - it's up to the Devils to recognize what a special player Elias has been.

Agree 100% with the Devils deciding who they feel is deserving of jersey retirement. Let's enjoy the next 2 years (and maybe more !) that Patrik is under contract. Then a few years after that decide on the jersey.