Devils vs Rangers on Saturday

Jerzey

From the looks of things right now, the Devils might actually have the chance to ruin the Rangers' playoff hopes on Saturday. At this point they're down 3-0 to the Thrashers in the 3rd. Of course it all depends on what Carolina does, but Saturday could be really fun for us.

I almost feel kind of bad rooting for the Rangers to miss the playoffs, but not that bad. I'd feel worse if we were in the playoffs. Rooting for Carolina will be a little tough too but it is what it is.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the Devils have a chance to end the Rangers season on Saturday. My brother and sister-in-law have Ranger partial season tickets and they got tickets to that game since Saturday is both of there's birthday. It would make my day if the Devils knocked the Rangers out on there birthday!

I really hope the Devils have a chance to end the Rangers season on Saturday. My brother and sister-in-law have Ranger partial season tickets and they got tickets to that game since Saturday is both of there's birthday. It would make my day if the Devils knocked the Rangers out on there birthday!

nothing would satisfy me more in a year where we are only playing 82... than being solely responsible for keeping the rags out on their last day....

I actually feel kind of bad rooting for the Rangers to miss the playoffs,

What are you talking about? I hate missing the playoffs, but there's literally no better scenario for us than being able to personally take the Rags down with us! We need the Canes to win tomorrow and they have a good chance to do that against the Thrashers who will be playing on back-to-back nights. If that happens, WE can be the ultimate spoilers for our biggest rival! I can't imagine how crazy of a game that would be on Saturday, I hope we get the chance!

I hate saying this, but let's go Canes!

nothing would satisfy me more in a year where we are only playing 82... than being solely responsible for keeping the rags out on their last day....

Agreed. I know TOO many obnoxious Rags fans where I live so this would be so worth it. GO DEVILS!!! Thank you Thrashers

Rangers - 91pts in 81 games... 34 non-shootout wins

Canes - 89pts in 80 games... 34 non-shootout wins

Canes winning over the Thrashers tomorrow + a Devils win against the Rangers = Rangers OUT ! How awesome would it be

even if we lose... if the Canes win their last 2 games (Trashers/Bolts) they could knock them out

"I actually feel kind of bad rooting for the Rangers to miss the playoffs" Are you ok?

What are you talking about? I hate missing the playoffs, but there's literally no better scenario for us than being able to personally take the Rags down with us! We need the Canes to win tomorrow and they have a good chance to do that against the Thrashers who will be playing on back-to-back nights. If that happens, WE can be the ultimate spoilers for our biggest rival! I can't imagine how crazy of a game that would be on Saturday, I hope we get the chance!

I hate saying this, but let's go Canes!

Haha.

I only said that because the Devils won't be making the playoffs and rooting for another team to miss the playoffs as well seemed a little petty when I was typing this out, but believe me I will be rooting for this to happen just as hard as the rest of you.

LGD!!

Haha.

I only said that because the Devils won't be making the playoffs and rooting for another team to miss the playoffs as well seemed a little petty when I was typing this out, but believe me I will be rooting for this to happen just as hard as the rest of you.

LGD!!

If it were another team I might agree but this is the RANGERS we're talking about. I hate those losers and I could care less about being petty in rooting against them.

If it were another team I might agree but this is the RANGERS we're talking about. I hate those losers and I could care less about being petty in rooting against them.

I've been living in Florida for the past 10 years so I've lost touch with how annoying their fans are. Right now I'm stuck dealing with all the damn Gator, Seminole, and Bulldog fans. A bunch of rednecks who don't even know what hockey is.

But I grew up in Jersey. I will always have the hate for the Rangers in my blood.

Throw in the added bonus of Gary Bettman having a sh!t about ZERO NYC teams in his playoffs and losing that TV market.... how could you NOT root to knock them out?

Wow, I've been rooting for this scenario to come true for, like, the last two weeks. :) It's gonna be a MAD weekend! :koolaid:

Great to have something to get excited about despite us not having a chance for anything anymore this season.

Oh, and BTW... Atlanta's win against the Rangers also puts the Thrashers ahead of us in the standings, which is good because it gives us a slightly higher draft pick. We'll see how thing work out, but if we end up in 12th place and with the Rangers out of the playoffs, it would be the best-case scenario!

Edited by Revan

The Rangers are going to be playing their absolute best hungry hockey. They will have some serious energy. Dev's will have to weather the storm early in the 1st period, then make sure they beat them in regulation. I think if they do lose, a few boo's might be heard in the Gaaden" you think?

IN THE NAME OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS RIGHT AND HOLY: KNOCK THOSE MOTHERF****** AND THEIR FANS OUT OF THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS WITH A REGULATION WIN SAT AFTERNOON. PLAY BALLS OUT 60 MIN HOCKEY,I MEAN BLOOD AND SWEAT SOAKED SKIVVIES AFTER THIS ONE.COME DOWN HARDER THAN THORS HAMMER ON THE THICK NOGGINS OF THESE JACKWAGONS.

LGD

IN THE NAME OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS RIGHT AND HOLY: KNOCK THOSE MOTHERF****** AND THEIR FANS OUT OF THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS WITH A REGULATION WIN SAT AFTERNOON. PLAY BALLS OUT 60 MIN HOCKEY,I MEAN BLOOD AND SWEAT SOAKED SKIVVIES AFTER THIS ONE.COME DOWN HARDER THAN THORS HAMMER ON THE THICK NOGGINS OF THESE JACKWAGONS.

LGD

I nominate this for POD.

When we knock them out sat, a few rags fans might throw themselves from the 400's... Watch out if you are sitting below those seats

When we knock them out sat, a few rags fans might throw themselves from the 400's... Watch out if you are sitting below those seats