1. 1. Who is to blame

• The players
    • The injuries
    • John MacLean
    • Lou
    • Ownership
    • No one -- it happens
    • All of the above

If only Manta had embraced Kovy like he did the Ravens.....infinite success would be ours :P

Seriously though in the long-term it was about damn time this team took a step back and missed the playoffs and took a good look at what this team's issues really are instead of the chewing gum and duct tape method of scrambling for the playoffs and getting bounced in 5-6 games....the short term loss is a big long term gain in missing this year.......

Honestly, you cant blame anyone. This sort of thing happens. It was time for a rebuild from the ground up anyway for this franchise. There will big changes this offseason and we will be a force to be reckoned with. We all saw, and everyone else, what this team is capable of when the mind is set and there is a little fire in the belly. When you start a season low down it doesnt help for the remainder of the season.

Its human....when you get depressed you are naturally slower with your mind as well as your psychical abilities. Im not to worried about next season. We will make it to top 4 in the playoffs next year. You can all count on it.

Lou. The buck stops with Lou.

But I don't think it was a wasted season. Weird to say that. But I feel that way.

I agree with this. I think we learned a lot about our team, and the young guys in this season. I don't know who said it but you learn more from losing than winning. Also, a supporters section was created in support of the team when it needed it the most.

Lou. The buck stops with Lou.

But I don't think it was a wasted season. Weird to say that. But I feel that way.

Lou would have been given his walking papers in just about any other industry or business already ...

I say wasted because outside of maybe 5 answers, what did we really learn? jmac was a terrible coach? arnott was a dumb signing? lemaire knows his stuff? clarkson is not a smart hockey player? brodeur is getting old and needs to play less? upper body injuries are common in nj? our pp is a liability? rolston is a blight on our cap? dollar hot dogs still suck? elias' jersey should be retired? lou needs to hire yet another head coach? very few discoveries for an entire season of hockey.

So that'd be El Diablo and MantaRay -- it's their fault!

I share full blame with that malevolent mask .. marty ... are you listening?

Lou would have been given his walking papers in just about any other industry or business already ...

are you fvcking kidding me? are you kidding. lou's team had not missed the playoffs since 1996. that's the second-longest streak in the sport. lou's team has won the division 3 years out of the last 6. put it this way, if lou were 45 instead of 65, he'd be hired by another organization in a second.

I say wasted because outside of maybe 5 answers, what did we really learn? jmac was a terrible coach? arnott was a dumb signing? lemaire knows his stuff? clarkson is not a smart hockey player? brodeur is getting old and needs to play less? upper body injuries are common in nj? our pp is a liability? rolston is a blight on our cap? dollar hot dogs still suck? elias' jersey should be retired? lou needs to hire yet another head coach? very few discoveries for an entire season of hockey.

jacob josefson, mattias tedenby, mark fayne, and to a lesser extent, nick palmieri are NHL players. the former three could be very good NHL players. they're a huge part of this franchise going forward - they're what's going to change this team from average playoff team to better than average playoff team.

are you fvcking kidding me? are you kidding. lou's team had not missed the playoffs since 1996. that's the second-longest streak in the sport. lou's team has won the division 3 years out of the last 6. put it this way, if lou were 45 instead of 65, he'd be hired by another organization in a second.

jacob josefson, mattias tedenby, mark fayne, and to a lesser extent, nick palmieri are NHL players. the former three could be very good NHL players. they're a huge part of this franchise going forward - they're what's going to change this team from average playoff team to better than average playoff team.

to me, meaningless divisional titles and limping into the playoffs to be ousted in the first round .. let me put it to you this other way -- if lou was in charge of lou, he would have fired him already ...

jj - tedenby fayne,etc were part of my answers found this season -- the successful play of kovy and throw in hedberg for a marty b/u that we can be comfortable with.

to me, meaningless divisional titles and limping into the playoffs to be ousted in the first round .. let me put it to you this other way -- if lou was in charge of lou, he would have fired him already ...

jj - tedenby fayne,etc were part of my answers found this season -- the successful play of kovy and throw in hedberg for a marty b/u that we can be comfortable with.

winning in the playoffs has a lot to do with luck. the devils haven't gotten very much of that the last 3 years. and as i said, the seeds of this were sewn long ago. from 1996 to 1999 the devils won 3 division titles, one conference title, and one playoff round. does that mean they sucked? that lou should've been fired? no. it means winning in the playoffs is hard.

just because lou has unrealistic demands on his coaches doesn't mean that that's the correct move. it's also worth noting that he's only fired one coach post-lockout.

Edited by Triumph

Yes it was an awful season for the most part, but I will only consider it "wasted" if Parise does not re-sign. With all the crap that has happened to us this year, I still believe this entire year was a big hiccup, and an eye opener for alot of our players and guys in the organization. The only thing that could make this season even worse, is if Parise does not stay. THAT is what I consider "wasted".

Edited by njdevs89