The Devils next head coach will be...

'7'

I'd be alright with Deboer and Maurice (assuming he becomes available)

The coach I would like to see here is Bob Hartley. He has plenty of experience dealing with Allstar talent and getting the most out of it from his days in Colorado and he managed to take an AWFUL Atlanta team to its only playoff berth in franchise history. He also has experience with Kovalchuk and all that is involved with getting everything out of his massive tanks of talent.

So my vote goes 100% for Hartley this year unless someone else shows up late to the race.

Hartley recently signed a two year deal to coach overseas.

ZSC LionsOn March 14, 2011, Hartley signed a two-year contract to coach the Zurich Lions, replacing former Team Sweden coach Bengt-Ake Gustafsson, the man behind the bench for Sweden’s 2006 Olympic Gold Medal in Turin
Edited by titans04

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruff is not leaving Buffalo. He'll sign a new contract after talking with Pegula following the post season.

He wasn't happy before because of the team's lack of willingness to get players to help, not just one's off the discount rack. Regier got him Boyes who has 13 points [i think] since joining the Sabres.

Ruff will remain in Buffalo, book it.

Deboer is intriguing. Lord knows the Florida franchise is the definition of failure, so no one can really succed there. Plus he coached Clarkson in Kitchener, so there's that connection.

From what I read on another board about DeBoer, Bryan Murray was interested in him the first time around and Ottawa hapens to have an opening now too, so if we want him we might have competition. I'd take him, he's like Sutter only not hermetically attached to Western Canada.

I agree 100% that there will be no rookie coach taking the reigns. The only thing I hope is that Lou does not make this a all summer decision, same thing with Zach the decisions need to be done before the draft please!

I also wish Jacques Lemaire all the best and a big thank you for making this year worth watching again!

1) Ken Hitchcock (defense-first mindset)

2) Therien (look above)

3) Ted Nolan (get the most out of the players)

4) Guy Carbonneau (who knows?)

5) DeBoer (could be high-risk, high reward)

6) Pat Quinn (a veteran coach, should have something good in him, isn't??)

7) Bob Hartley (mentioned by many posters here)

8) Larry Robinson (Mentioned)

From what I read on another board about DeBoer, Bryan Murray was interested in him the first time around and Ottawa hapens to have an opening now too, so if we want him we might have competition. I'd take him, he's like Sutter only not hermetically attached to Western Canada.

I figured Ottawa would be interested in him. He'd be a good fit there as well.

Pat Quinn is maybe not a bad idea to.....

But my choice still Hartley

He coach me in Joliette Junior AAA and this guy knows his hockey for sure! And he find a way to convince player to give the best they have. he is a motivator! really emotive behind the bench! when he coach it the same things that when he play he want to win!

So he is the best coach i never have and i think he is a good fit!

i don't know about Hartley...

i remember him talking about Kovalchuk on RDS and it was not pretty, was saying he couldnt make him play otherwise than how kovie wanted or wtv... that it was like taking water ouf of a rock etc etc...

not too sure i'd want him

Well, before we signed Lemaire again, I was actually pulling for Laviolette. I do think we need a long term solution though. Putting it off for one more year of Jacques is just making me tired at this point; not to mention the fact its 4:20 AM in the morning making me tired. We need a coach that has some staying power so we can put an end to the revolving door of NJD head coaches.

I could see Lou taking the reins until someone respectable surfaces. No more rookie coaches.

Wonder if Johnny Mac is ready for primetime?

Everyone says we need to have a guy that has deep nhl experience. Is there another Guy Boucher, Dan Bylisma, or Joe Sacco (was better last year) out there. Non of theese had nhl head coach experience. I'm still hoping for Haviland.