Congrats to Boston, 2011 Stanley cup winners

MDPucks

Yeah that Thomas slash on Burrows was nice, particularly because we now know that Burrows had chopped Thomas' stick out of his hands seconds earlier!

But what the heck is up with Thelma and Louise, er, I mean the Sedin twins? Those guys look lost ... as does Bobby Lou.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how the Canucks respond back home next game.

Edited by 95Crash

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who wins I think they're all a bunch of pigs. I think the bite was funny because the dipsh!t is shoving his fingers in Burrows mouth -- he just IS - but that's OK!... no it's not and he got bit for it - fvckim!!

I love how everyone (not just you) equates giving the guy a facewash and pointing a finger at him as sticking his hand in his mouth. This kind of **** is why Auger made an ass of himself last year admitting he put the screws to the Nucks because of Burrows.

From what the guys on Hockey Central said after the last game, Vigneault asked Luongo after the 5th goal if he wanted to stay in, and Luongo said "I want to stay in--don't you dare pull me." I guess coach didn't give him the option this time.

If the Nucks do win the series I'd love to see the canadian media try and give the Smythe to Luongo, it'd be ten times the ripoff of Giguere getting it. I mean the guy's been pulled at least three times in the playoffs and benched once - so far.

Edited by NJDevs4978

My friend is a die-hard Habs fan and he won a ticket to the Stanley Cup Final Game 4 during round 1 (and he's Polish too - going to the SCF is a big deal even if you're in the US, yet alone going there from Europe). With the Bruins first eliminating the Habs, then making it to the final, hosting this very game 4 and winning it 4:0, it must've turned from dreams-come-true to some-fvcking-nightmare for him...

I'm happy OTOH - we've got a brand new final. :)

Edited by Revan

Anyone else hear McGuire and Eddie O complaining about Marchand low bridging Daniel Sedin in that scrum? Looked to me like he was just ducking to avoid a hit. For all he knew it was someone coming in to plow him.

I heard that too, and thought they were both crazy for saying that, especially since they later changed their tune saying that "if it were Rafi Torres it would be OK".

This has been a GREAT SCF.

As bad as Vancouver has been these last two games (Luongo especially), neither the Canucks nor Luongo are this bad, and the Bruins aren't this good. I have a feeling this is a home ice series.

This series is driving me INSANE. The play isn't rising to the challenge it's deteriorating. Who ever was less crappy wins. :argh: and it's so juvenile. I dont know - it's not why I watch hockey personally. It's very hard to express because my favorite players DO bring emotion and temper and their big wiseass to the ice -- but this is just juvenile is all I can think. Maybe I'm too far removed from the players and think they're jackasses during the regular season so I can't enjoy it now. :noclue:

Bruins honorary captian for Game 3: Cam Neely... Bruins score 8 goals.

Bruins honorary captian for Game 4: Bobby Orr... Bruins score 4 goals.

Bruins honorary captain for Game 6: I'd go with Ray Bourque and see if they can hang 77 on Luongo. :evil:

Bruins honorary captian for Game 3: Cam Neely... Bruins score 8 goals.

Bruins honorary captian for Game 4: Bobby Orr... Bruins score 4 goals.

Bruins honorary captain for Game 6: I'd go with Ray Bourque and see if they can hang 77 on Luongo. :evil:

Bourque was also 7 before they retired Esposito I believe...so 7 goals could be possible.

Also check out Rachel McAdams at the last game:

RACHMCADAMGM4-copy.jpg

:hail: May have to rethink my Vancouver support if she is legit pulling for the Bruins.

Edited by mmajeski06

As bad as Vancouver has been these last two games (Luongo especially), neither the Canucks nor Luongo are this bad, and the Bruins aren't this good. I have a feeling this is a home ice series.

Certainly seems to be the case after tonight. Let's see if Boston can win the next one.

Here's my take on why I hope this series goes the distance. Yet another contribution to TheHockeyWriters.com

My link

Was just talking to one of my buddies about this tonight. Game 7 would be perfect. NBA Finals are over, it would be a Wed night and the Cup would be guaranteed. I think anyone with a casual interest in sports or hockey would tune in.

Besides, if Vancouver wins it in game 7, it's in front of a home crowd. And, Bettman has to walk out in front of a Canadian crowd. Epic boos would ensue!

but they all stink <_<

Think it's all over tonight? I'd be in shock if it was.

Seriously I think they're crappy teams but I'm enjoying myself immensely nonetheless.

I wish Scott Stevens would invite us over for a hockey night at his house. That would make it all perfect. Of course I'd probably end up hanging out with Donna chitter chattering and miss it all while my husband had a blast watching hockey with Scott Stevens. I'm such a wuss.

This series has been incredible. For a true hockey fan, this is just what the Doctor ordered.

I am hoping for a seventh game.

Agreed....we really can't ask for me ......other than a game 7 to happen....let's hope so as it shortens the amount of time we have with no hockey before the draft happens.