Congrats to Boston, 2011 Stanley cup winners

MDPucks

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can say what we want about Kovalchuk with the puck, but everytime Ovechkin carries down the wing in this series it's the same result. Blocked pass or blocked shot. He's got to dump the puck off earlier and get open or drive to the net instead of waiting until he's down deep by the hash marks.

Washington is getting out gritted and grinded and a victim of some home cooking officating.

Edited by SJP20

lucky win by the Rags

If the Rangers can go to the net like that today, the rest of the way, this is not going to be good.

I said it once, i'll say it again....the Rangers have too much grit for the Capitals.

wasn't evident in game 1 or game 2

lucky win by the Rags

wasn't evident in game 1 or game 2

Because when Washington decides to flash the skill, and use thier speed it's not as evident. Today, they allowed the Rangers to play the game that got them into the Playoffs. Grit, grind and more grit. This was a prototypical 2010-11 Rangers win. A game you can't figure out how they won only to say they work hard and play 60.

In Game 1, the goal was a pure grit goal. In overtime, they could have won it within a minute by pressure forecheck and grit.

In Game 2, the NYR "won" 2 out of 3 periods and was a minute or so lapse from it being anyone's game.

Today, they drove the net, blocked shots, grit and grinded and got some home cooking. It might have looked lucky, but they did what they said they were going to do today and to a lesser extent the same style they played in Washington. Today, they were on the winning end.

Washington has to start flashing talent and trusting their players to not make mistakes or this goes home tied. They did that on the 4-4 but it didn't go their way like the overtime. I just think that the "new" Capitals" can't play that defense first style the whole series. Sooner or later you have to reach into your bread and butter for the kill and that's the talent factor.

Edited by SJP20

in game 1 the rangers were totally dominated in all facets - they were outchanced 2 to 1. yes, they could have won the game, but they could've easily lost that game by 3 or 4 also. game 3 was a different story, but ovechkin has to be better and one has to figure the power plays won't be so lopsided. i'll be curious about the scoring chances count for this one.

one has to figure the power plays won't be so lopsided. i'll be curious about the scoring chances count for this one.

That's the one aspect i'm taking out of this game that comforts me, although i did not like anything about Washington's game today. Washington spent 8 mins in the box in the 2nd and the minors were spaced out over the 1st 10:41. It's very difficult to get a flow going and for a team on the road who is trying to play defensive hockey, epsecially when you're killing off almost half of the 2nd period. I was hoping the momentum from the PK would help, but it was too much of a style disruption for that team to use as a positive, IMO.

The Rangers played smarter in the 3rd period. Lack of coverage on goal 2 and Hannan was too busy getting into a cross-check fight to notice he was setting a pick on the 3rd. You can't make those kinds of mistakes on a 4 on 4 because it tends to be man on man. Dubinsky went inside of him and that gave him a clear lane to the net.

Couldn't believe that game, but as soon as it was 4-3, I told my buddies San Jose is going to win this.

I actually called it at 4-1, and as I was saying it, became 4-2 :lol:

Looks like Washington's complaining about the Rangers in front of Neuvirth has worked. Two goaltender interference calls. Too bad the Capitals haven't made them pay. The loss of Knuble is big on the PP.

This series is starting to turn into a joke with the amount of calls.

Edited by SJP20