fourth overall pick!!!!!!

depths of HELL

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust in lou but I feel that we should draft a puck moving defensemen....ryan murphy? He would be excellent for our powerplay because we need someone to run it at the point and make smart choices....look what rolston did on the powerplay he was horrible no offense

Its not smart to go into a draft thinking like that. If we can get Larsson, he has to be taken at that spot. But considering our best offensive players are wings, we need a true playmaker at center just the same. Zajac is good, but he's not a pure playmaker. There are guys that can be that for years to come in this draft potentially. Sean Couturier and/or Huberdeau would be great picks, as would Landeskog if available. I also think Dougie Hamilton is a better defensive pick than Murphy. Murphy's biggest knock is his size and is likely more of a reach than anyone else on the defensive side. Hes gonna be a good player most likely, but he has a higher chance of not panning out because of his size.

You're also banking on this pick contributing immediately. Thats not necessarily a given either. Our power play needs help, but we can get help for that in the system already.

I'd rather we take the best available player than have the mindset of being locked into one position.

There havent been alot of NHL superstar 4th overall picks lately though.

2010 - Johanson

2009 - Evander Kane

2008 - Pietrangelo

2007 - Hickey

2006 - Backstrom

Last 5 drafts #4s. 1 superstar (Backstrom), 2 good NHL players (Kane and Pietrangelo), 1 probable bust (Hickey), and 1 hasnt had a chance yet (Johanson).

The chances of us getting a guy to help immediately with an impact are slim. The chances of us getting a guy who can contribute are high.

There havent been alot of NHL superstar 4th overall picks lately though.

true but a lot less taken at 8th or 9th

we already have kovi and hopefully parise will get locked up

besides i would love it if we got landeskog even if he ends up putting in 25 to 30 goals as a 2nd line wing

No. Its up to us as to when we do it. Within the next 4 years. Lou has already said we're not giving this one up (per TG).

I was thinking it was the nhl's choice, not ours...thanks for the heads up, I hadn't paid much attention to the whole punishment thing

2010 - Johanson

2009 - Evander Kane

2008 - Pietrangelo

2007 - Hickey

2006 - Backstrom

Those are actually some damn good odds. Backstrom is a no-brainer, and Kane and Pietrangelo are already good very good despite their age. I think we can definitely hope for an impact player with a #4 pick.