Couturier or Huberdeau?

brickwall30

58 members have voted

1. 1. with the big 3 gone which goes to us?

• Couturier
    • Huberdeau

If Larsson is taken, I'd be happy with either one, to be honest. But if we're drafting for who may eventually become a number 1 center, I'd go with Couturier.

Do NOT get me wrong. I love what I've seen in Huberdeau. But if Larsson is taken, and Huberdeau would be made to play wing, go for the player who will stay at the center position. Besides, as far as skating goes, I'm sure the Devils can and probably will hire a skating coach of some kind to improve Couturier's skating if we do draft him.

Couturier will not be available at our pick.

He's more likely to be there than anyone else the way things look at this point.

1. RNH

2. This is the lynchpin pick. If Colorado stays put, they could go Landeskog or Larrson. If they trade, who knows. Ottawa covets Landeskog and have made it no secret they want to move up to get him.

3. This is where Couturier could go. However, if Colorado takes Larsson, Florida will take Landeskog.

4. Larsson or Couturier.

If that's the case, then we take Larsson. We can't lose.

Or Landeskog. We're getting one of those three IMO.

Or Landeskog. We're getting one of those three IMO.

Landeskog is very unlikely. I guess there's a slight chance that in the case of Larsson going 2nd, Florida might have their heart set on taking Couturier because he's a big center. But I would think that if Landeskog fell to them, they would take him. Larsson is more likely because, as has been discussed, Florida is somewhat less likely to take him if he's available. I still would say that Couturier is the most likely choice we'll make, followed by Larsson with a decent chance, then on a much lesser note Landeskog. Of course that's just right now, a lot could change by draft day, so we'll see.

guessing a lot have seen this...most recent mock draft Mock Draft Mania

Has it

Ed- RNH

Col- Landeskog

flo - Couturier

NJ - Larrson

Has a well developed reasoning behind his picks much of which is similar to what we have here and a lot of which is absolutely stupid like the effects of warm weather on Couturier's wrist shot :noclue:

Edited by justdo3043

If Larsson's gone and Landeskog falls to us, I think you either take him or rape Ottawa in a trade.

This pick is essentially a can't lose. You get Larsson, Couturier, Landeskog or Huberdeau/Strome and additional picks/wealth from Ottaw. Can't lose.

lol you avatar may be my fav of all time! seriously I laugh every time I see it.

Thanks, I found it and simply knew it had to be my avatar. Really shows chico at his finest :lol:

If Larsson's gone and Landeskog falls to us, I think you either take him or rape Ottawa in a trade.

This pick is essentially a can't lose. You get Larsson, Couturier, Landeskog or Huberdeau/Strome and additional picks/wealth from Ottaw. Can't lose.

This. Ottawa seems ready to crown this kid as the next great one. If he falls to us we can seriously take advantage of em.

Pretty much what you said. This pick is an absolute win-win-win.

Landeskog is very unlikely. I guess there's a slight chance that in the case of Larsson going 2nd, Florida might have their heart set on taking Couturier because he's a big center. But I would think that if Landeskog fell to them, they would take him. Larsson is more likely because, as has been discussed, Florida is somewhat less likely to take him if he's available. I still would say that Couturier is the most likely choice we'll make, followed by Larsson with a decent chance, then on a much lesser note Landeskog. Of course that's just right now, a lot could change by draft day, so we'll see.

Ive been saying the same exact thing for days now. There are scenarios where Landeskog could fall. Larsson is more likely than Landeskog to fall. It just depends on what Colorado does. I think Landeskog goes 2 or 3. Colorado having two picks and staying pat they could definitely go Larsson.

Florida will not take Larsson IMO, Id be stunned if they did. Its Colorado or us for Larsson unless someone unknown trades up. If Ottawa trades up, I think its a certainty that they take Landeskog.

Edited by ghdi

A list sorted by the most likely to fall, based on absolutely no evidence besides my own often-poor intuition:

Landeskog

Larsson (just barely below)

Couturier (well below)

so something like 45%/35%/20%. I just cannot see Tallon passing on Couturier.

Edited by Triumph

Tri, you were really down on Couturier a few months back (say, January) when we thought we'd get the first or second overall pick. Why the turnaround?

He disappointed me in the games I watched him in the WJC, and back then I thought NJ needed help right away at center. I'd still be down on Couturier as a 1st overall pick relative to the strength of 1st overall picks of the last decade, though (and I would take Couturier over Nugent-Hopkins)

Edited by Triumph

guessing a lot have seen this...most recent mock draft Mock Draft Mania

Has it

Ed- RNH

Col- Landeskog

flo - Couturier

NJ - Larrson

Has a well developed reasoning behind his picks much of which is similar to what we have here and a lot of which is absolutely stupid like the effects of warm weather on Couturier's wrist shot :noclue:

I would not a surprised to see a trade among the top 3. If EDM knows they can take Landeskog/Couturiere/Larson instead of RNH AND get some sort of decent asset for trading(especially a D-man), then I think they do that. RNH at #1 is not a franchise move.(I am not even sure he is a top 3 pick They already have a couple kids that fit the same role. IMHO, Larson will not be a top 3 pick. Young D take time(hedman), and teams hate taking the time to develop them. Although, you could make the case Larson goes #1 if EDM can't move within the top 3. But I really doubt COL or FL takes a D-man with their pick.

With no trades I with my crystal ball predict:

Larson

RNH

Couturier

Landerskog

Do we really take Landerskog with all our LW talent?

He's arguably the most diverse offensive talent rumored to go top 5. He can play RW and he has also played center. He's so young that we can mold him to fit.

I dont think theres much of a chance he falls to us though. Theres scenarios it could happen, but I think Colorado or Florida take him.