Capitals coach calls Garden 'horrible,' rips Rangers fans

msweet

meh. boudreau is clearly an idiot. whether or not this is a distraction tactic, who knows. caps did outchance the rangers 12-4 at 5 on 5 even strength in game 3. this puts them at 40-23 for the series. when you can outchance a team 5:3 like the caps are doing, you're going to be a favorite to win the series.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how no one has been talking about Washington's habit of choking early in the playoffs the last couple days, but instead about these remarks made by their coach? He 'aint an idiot.

No one was talking about it because they won the first 2 games. Here we go, the first loss of the series and someone is talking about it (you). And look at what caused you bring it up? Boudreau's comments.

I am not sure it was a tactic, and if it was, I don't think it will be effective. I'm guessing the blueprint you are following for "this is brilliant media manipulation tactic" is Rex Ryan's work. But he talked about how awesome his team was, THAT gets the team fired up. I don't think the capital players are sitting around thinking about how great it is that their coach bad mouthed MSG. I doubt that they care at all, and I don't think it distracted them from the fact that they lost in the first round last year (if that is truly weighing over them).

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

No one was talking about it because they won the first 2 games. Here we go, the first loss of the series and someone is talking about it (you). And look at what caused you bring it up? Boudreau's comments.

I am not sure it was a tactic, and if it was, I don't think it will be effective. I'm guessing the blueprint you are following for "this is brilliant media manipulation tactic" is Rex Ryan's work. But he talked about how awesome his team was, THAT gets the team fired up. I don't think the capital players are sitting around thinking about how great it is that their coach bad mouthed MSG. I doubt that they care at all, and I don't think it distracted them from the fact that they lost in the first round last year (if that is truly weighing over them).

If it was a tactic, I'd think it was more to distract the media than to distract the team.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I think it wasn't stupid at all. He'll say to his players before hte game "they're going to be putting my face up on the scoreboard every 5 minutes for the msg crowd to boo me" use this as motivation to shut them the hell up. I think his players will respond.

Say what you want about his coaching abilities, but if this guy were our coach, the quotes would be epic. He'd be to the Devils what Rex Ryan is to the Jets.

Except that Rex actually wins a couple of playoff rounds a year :P

I don't think Boudreau's crazy like a fox though, he does fly off the handle. If he's already pulling out the 'distract the public' page of the playbook when they're still up 2-1 what's he going to do if it gets tied 2-2, have a Haagen-Dazs eating contest or put on a toupee as another distraction?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Except that Rex actually wins a couple of playoff rounds a year :P

I don't think Boudreau's crazy like a fox though, he does fly off the handle. If he's already pulling out the 'distract the public' page of the playbook when they're still up 2-1 what's he going to do if it gets tied 2-2, have a Haagen-Dazs eating contest or put on a toupee as another distraction?

Foot fetish videos obviously.

me, i'm still confident this series is washington in 5 or 6. i don't think boudreau has to resort to stunts. i think he was pissed about the officiating and took it out on the building.

of course if washington wins game 4 boudreau will be a genius for taking the focus off his team, whatever that means. the media just love to call themselves the cause of wins or losses.

Edited by Triumph

I'm just glad somebody finally said it. If it were a Devils fan, it wouldn't have been heard for more than just us trying to throw some mud in the faces of Ranjerk fans. I bet the real transcript of what he said was generously laced with F-bombs though.:giggle:

Objectively MSG made its reputation on being THE ONLY building in New York City. Frankly both the Knicks and the Rangers have added very little to the building's mistique as a whole. Other than Willis Reed and the 94 Rangers both tennents would have added zero to the current 1968 Garden.

The 1968 MSG made its reputation on boxing and that's mostly due to Ali-Fraser and hosting the Frank Sinatra Live Concert in the round back in the 1970's. Beyond that the only sport that has added anything to MSG is college basketball and specifically the Big East Tournament & St. John's during the 1980's hey-day.

I'm not impressed with MSG's fans just as I'm not impressed with the black seaters and most of the lower bowl in The Rock. Unfortunatly corporate tickets have taken almost everything out of these buildings and MSG isn't the only place as Toronto is also brutal in this instance.

Objectively MSG made its reputation on being THE ONLY building in New York City. Frankly both the Knicks and the Rangers have added very little to the building's mistique as a whole. Other than Willis Reed and the 94 Rangers both tennents would have added zero to the current 1968 Garden.

The 1968 MSG made its reputation on boxing and that's mostly due to Ali-Fraser and hosting the Frank Sinatra Live Concert in the round back in the 1970's. Beyond that the only sport that has added anything to MSG is college basketball and specifically the Big East Tournament & St. John's during the 1980's hey-day.

I'm not impressed with MSG's fans just as I'm not impressed with the black seaters and most of the lower bowl in The Rock. Unfortunatly corporate tickets have taken almost everything out of these buildings and MSG isn't the only place as Toronto is also brutal in this instance.

This. Well said

All things considered from both sides, I still think it is really pretty funny :) I don't know that I'd want him behind our bench, but I like that guy, you could have a few beers and BS hockey all night with him. And I love seeing Rags fans get their panties in a knot LOL.

If the Rags keep playing like they did in game 3 though, then it's good night nurse for the Caps.

Honestly I haven't been to enough sporting venues to really say but I am utterly unimpressed with the new giants stadium and going to MSG made me really appreciate how nice the Rock is designed. I get the Impression that MSG should have been blow up and a new place built but given the current plans that won't happen for another 20-30 years. I remember Continental being a rather mundane experience as well and I am interested to see what Brooklyn's place is like even though I despise it's existence (as a huge NJ fan I hate that I am loosing the Nets and have subsequently stopped watching basketball). Outside of the Rock, does anyone have a favorite arena?

Gross arena, but louder than the rock and theres no arguing that. I was at Devs/Rags last year in that insane game we ended up winning in the SO, and it was loud.

Wait a sec. A full Rock full of Devils fans in playoff mode will be louder than MSG imo. The Rock's got better acoustics

Even with the acoustics it's not a sure thing. We're not exactly a rowdy bunch, especially in the lower bowl. Also depends on the round.

Yeah, because the suits and blackberries crowd is whooping it up nightly at MSG. While the upper bowl fans were shouting 'You can't hear us', the lower bowl guys were probably on their cell phones yelling to the other end 'I can't hear you!'

While the upper bowl fans were shouting 'You can't hear us', the lower bowl guys were probably on their cell phones yelling to the other end 'I can't hear you!'

Funny and accurate. There aren't many real fans in the lower bowls of large market arenas anymore. Even in the 90's I remember being at tie games in the garden late in the 3rd watching suits leave to catch earlier trains.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

wow, caps pulled thru last night. saw it was 3-0 rangers after 2 and was ready to write off the game, saw the score a little while ago and my jaw dropped. Good, one more win for the caps and the rangers will see it's not their season either. hasn't been 54 years since 1994

Honestly I haven't been to enough sporting venues to really say but I am utterly unimpressed with the new giants stadium and going to MSG made me really appreciate how nice the Rock is designed. I get the Impression that MSG should have been blow up and a new place built but given the current plans that won't happen for another 20-30 years. I remember Continental being a rather mundane experience as well and I am interested to see what Brooklyn's place is like even though I despise it's existence (as a huge NJ fan I hate that I am loosing the Nets and have subsequently stopped watching basketball). Outside of the Rock, does anyone have a favorite arena?

American Airlines Center. Just a very lavish and unique building.