Paging Lou Lams

coldply123

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows about looking to the west coast for capable defensemen? Phoenix has Paul Mara (born in Ridgewood, New Jersey) and David Tanabe. They both have speed and can score, and they are pretty young. I dont think we should be searching for a rental defensemen becaus STevens will probably retire, we need to begin a new, and getting vet like Leetch proabably wont do much in jersey and wouldnt last long. Maybe the former devil Zyuzin or Mitchell from Minnesota, atleast when they decide to accept that they are out of it?

Hows about looking to the west coast for capable defensemen? Phoenix has Paul Mara (born in Ridgewood, New Jersey) and David Tanabe. They both have speed and can score, and they are pretty young. I dont think we should be searching for a rental defensemen becaus STevens will probably retire, we need to begin a new, and getting vet like Leetch proabably wont do much in jersey and wouldnt last long. Maybe the former devil Zyuzin or Mitchell from Minnesota, atleast when they decide to accept that they are out of it?

we wont be able to get the wil predators without giving up a lot, but it is a good idea because they were once in the system....

Sather is only a moron when he signs free agents, and apparently when he was trading his big names in Edmonton.

Now that he is in NY, he likes to try and get everything he can out of a deal (thus pissing Craig Patrick off so much that he sent Jagr to the Caps instead of NY in the first place).

Don't think he's just going to hand players to people unless he has no other choice. And with fowards, it appears to be a buyers market. But with defensemen it may be a sellers market and he could get a decent amount for Leetch if he can just keep his friggin' ego in check.

Sue, I really don't see the Rangers dumping anyone except Alexei Kovalev. Trading Leetch would be a bad PR move, plus whoever they got back for him would always be the guy they got for Brian Leetch. The rest, I just don't see him getting enough back to justify dealing them.

Sitting on the Fence

Let me play both sides of the fence:

(1) If we get Rafalski & Stevens back and trade for insurance on the blue line than I like our chances. We have the best goalie and a good team mentality. To win a cup an all-star roster is not needed. Have a hot goalie (likely), a good defense (check) and get some timely goals (who knows). As for timely goals, there are plenty of people on this roster who have come up big in big moments and are capable of doing so again. Who know it could be Larianov? :lol:

as for the other side

(2) With the moves other teams are making (Toronto, Detroit etc) this devil team might be overmatched. We could even throw Philly in there if Clarke ever awakes from his coma and gets a goalie (Kolzig???). With an impending lockout and the probable retirement of Stevens (this year or next depending on CBA) this may be a perfect opportunity to reload. I am not saying strip the roster but lets make a good move or two for the next decade. Get a Whitt, get a couple more picks. Maybe get a prospect or two. Only one or two moves and wait for the Fosters, Parises Suglobov etc to be ready when the CBA lockout is over.

A cup now is very attractive (bird in hand theory) and so is another decade of contending. I'm happy with either scenario as long as Lou doesn't sit on the fence.

If Rafalski is out for a while, then bring on Brian Leetch!

Driver and MacLean played on the Rangers, no reason why Brian Leetch can't play on our team. I'd welcome him with open arms.

I'm to the point that I think Leetch would be a good addition, this team has been terrible lately, Leetch would add instance offense, and maybe even light a fire under some people...the guy is dtying to play in the post season....