Offseason wish list

Tedenby21

I know its probably impossible with our Cap situation but I would like Lou to get us a Puck moving D-man that can help on the PP.

Truth is that witout a good PP your team ain't going anywhere in this league...maybe surviving or even doing a great job during the Regular season but when the playoffs begin you need to take every chance available and to succeed you need that PP.

So yea...a Defense-man that would help our PP is 1st on my wish list.

I'd like to see one comprehensive OFFSEASON THREAD that includes everyone's personal "gameplans" or whatever so that the board doesn't clutter. Although we aren't HF - thats one efficient thing about the HF Devil Board.

No trying to be board police - but its easier to make reference and keep the conversation going.

Hello.... SIGN PARISE LONG TERM, GET A GOOD COACH, FIX THE CAP & GET A REPLACEMENT FOR MARTY.

Talking in generalities, yeah, this is the list.

I'd like to see Zach locked up for at least 7 years, but we'll see what Lou can work out.

As for the replacement for Marty, that'll come in due time, considering we have 3 or 4 (depending on how you look at Frazee) goaltending prospects right now.

I'd like to see one comprehensive OFFSEASON THREAD that includes everyone's personal "gameplans" or whatever so that the board doesn't clutter. Although we aren't HF - thats one efficient thing about the HF Devil Board.

No trying to be board police - but its easier to make reference and keep the conversation going.

I disagree completely. Each of these "offseason threads" are what keep hell active in the summer months.

I wouldnt mind seeing ZP signed long term but for some odd reason I dont see that happening. If he is going to walk, we need to send him packing and get someone equal in return. Maybe a big name D man? We have the offense (Patty, Kovalchuk, Zajac, the youngins) We need to toughen up our D.

Also address the future goaltending issue.

I wouldnt mind seeing ZP signed long term but for some odd reason I dont see that happening. If he is going to walk, we need to send him packing and get someone equal in return. Maybe a big name D man? We have the offense (Patty, Kovalchuk, Zajac, the youngins) We need to toughen up our D.

Also address the future goaltending issue.

Getting Parise resigned is the priority above all else. BUT in the event that it not happen, the organization must get what they can for him before he becomes a UFA. IF that happens, I would also want a big name defenseman as well. Someone really good. That's IF the Lou decides not ro resign Parise. We need Parise on this team.

Can anyone here see Zajac as our alternate captain in the future?

I wouldnt mind seeing him get the C. I know hes kinda a quite dude but he deserves a shot. Elias coudlnt handle the pressure which is fine, Kovy doesnt deserve it yet, maybe after this season. The only other person is Parise and I think hes still to young. Maybe White is another candidate.

Right now I am only concerned about getting a coach, improving our defense, and signing Parise to long term. I dont' think there are any good goaltending options right now this year in free agency

I wouldnt mind seeing him get the C. I know hes kinda a quite dude but he deserves a shot. Elias coudlnt handle the pressure which is fine, Kovy doesnt deserve it yet, maybe after this season. The only other person is Parise and I think hes still to young. Maybe White is another candidate.

Parise deserves the captaincy. You said Zajac should get it, and that Parise is "to young"? Parise is OLDER than Zajac! Zajac will be turning 26 in a few weeks, while Parise will be turning 27 in July. He is not too young, and if he is signed he will 100% be the captain, no questions about it.

Parise deserves the captaincy. You said Zajac should get it, and that Parise is "to young"? Parise is OLDER than Zajac! Zajac will be turning 26 in a few weeks, while Parise will be turning 27 in July. He is not too young, and if he is signed he will 100% be the captain, no questions about it.

+1