Birther Watch

Daniel

As some of you may recall, around the beggining of the season, we had gentleman who spewed his belief in virtually every conspiracy theory under the sun, one of which was the birther "controversy." Now that the "long form" birth certificate has been released (I'm still not sure what a long form birth certificate is, as apparently, one state legislator who introduced a birther bill was) I'm curious what theories the stragglers will come up with now.

As some of you may recall, around the beggining of the season, we had gentleman who spewed his belief in virtually every conspiracy theory under the sun, one of which was the birther "controversy." Now that the "long form" birth certificate has been released (I'm still not sure what a long form birth certificate is, as apparently, one state legislator who introduced a birther bill was) I'm curious what theories the stragglers will come up with now.

My guess: The conversation is going to shift to "why did he take so long to release it" rather than "Oh, sorry, I guess I shouldn't have been talking out of my ass for two+ years making an issue out of nothing because I disagree with someones policy and this was just another way to discredit him".

I'm sure there will be a fringe minority who will go on to claim that it took Obama all this time to cook the books to generate the "fake" long form or those who will continue to say a certificate of live birth doesn't equal a birth certificate (even if the state off Hawaii says it does).

My guess: The conversation is going to shift to "why did he take so long to release it" rather than "Oh, sorry, I guess I shouldn't have been talking out of my ass for two+ years making an issue out of nothing because I disagree with someones policy and this was just another way to discredit him".

I'm sure there will be a fringe minority who will go on to claim that it took Obama all this time to cook the books to generate the "fake" long form or those who will continue to say a certificate of live birth doesn't equal a birth certificate (even if the state off Hawaii says it does).

It was released to the public in June 2008. A fact that seems to get lost.

Until Obama comes out and his skin is white, they will continue to deny his legitimacy(read black).

Republican conspiracys aren't new to Obama, there were loads of them being spouted about when Clinton was in office (Whitewater, Vince Foster, Paula Jones, whatever). I think these conspiracy theories get developed because Obama's the president and he has a "D" next to his name, not because of his race.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

It was released to the public in June 2008. A fact that seems to get lost.

The long-form? I think this is the first of it (that I have seen at least). He has released a copy of his personal certificate, and newspaper birth announcements but this is like the copy the hospital has. The scan looks like it came from a giant book of certificates.

Thrice as much evidence as almost any other candidate / president has ever released...

Love how Barry allowed photos of Abu Gharab and of our dead soldiers coming home in coffins, but he won't allow OBL's picture to be released.

What does that tell you.

He personally approved and released photos of Abu Gharab & military Coffins?

Edited by oofrostonoo

Love how Barry allowed photos of Abu Gharab and of our dead soldiers coming home in coffins, but he won't allow OBL's picture to be released.

What does that tell you.

It tells me that Obama is more interested in "placating" those who hate the U.S. than acquiescing to the citizens' wishes. The notion that released photos will make terrorists more vengeful is so nonsensical. Basically, Obama carries the ball 90 yards then fumbles at the goal line.

The government had no problem with us seeing a captured American soldier beheaded, we saw Americans jumping to their death on the news on 9/11, plus we saw pictures of Saddam Hussein's sons when they were killed, but now they won't show us proof that bin Laden is dead. That combined with the fact that the reports said it happened a week ago and then the president said Sunday that he made the call that day, plus the constant changing of the story is starting to make me wonder what the hell is really going on.

Also, until I see the theory that he has been dead for years proven wrong, I'm not ruling it out. I'm not convinced the government is lying either but I would like to see proof. I'm not going to just blindly believe what they say.

The government had no problem with us seeing a captured American soldier beheaded, we saw Americans jumping to their death on the news on 9/11, plus we saw pictures of Saddam Hussein's sons when they were killed, but now they won't show us proof that bin Laden is dead. That combined with the fact that the reports said it happened a week ago and then the president said Sunday that he made the call that day, plus the constant changing of the story is starting to make me wonder what the hell is really going on.

Also, until I see the theory that he has been dead for years proven wrong, I'm not ruling it out. I'm not convinced the government is lying either but I would like to see proof. I'm not going to just blindly believe what they say.

Not that this belongs in this thread but I already explained to you that you are confused on this subject. Please stop pretending like it's some giant hole in the story that is proof of anything.

-- again --

Obama gave approval for the operation last week (the weekend around 4/24), the operation was carried out last Sunday night (4/30) the same night he addressed the nation. There is a lot of proof that the operation took place on 4/30, I even linked to a feed of someone in Abattobad who inadvertently tweeted the events *live*.

As for the photo's, if news agencies had been there (like they were when they 9/11 happened, or when they were sent the tapes of various beheadings etc) we would have seen them by now. The difference is the government could not sensor 9/11, if they could I bet they would have. But really, I doubt it matters, you are probably the type of person who would just say the pictures were photoshopped anyway.

What does that tell you.

Congratulations to George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama for neither one ever giving up.

Politicizing this is disgusting.

But most of all, God Bless the troops that did this.

So much for that I guess.

So much for that I guess.

Consider the source.

Never giving up? Selective memory much?

After 9/11: Bush said he wanted him "dead or alive".

6-months later Bush declared: " We don't know where he is and I don't spend much time on it"

Pretty much suggests he gave up or was frustrated at all the mis-information he compiled.

Not that this belongs in this thread but I already explained to you that you are confused on this subject. Please stop pretending like it's some giant hole in the story that is proof of anything.

-- again --

Obama gave approval for the operation last week (the weekend around 4/24), the operation was carried out last Sunday night (4/30) the same night he addressed the nation. There is a lot of proof that the operation took place on 4/30, I even linked to a feed of someone in Abattobad who inadvertently tweeted the events *live*.

I must have missed that post somehow.

As for the photo's, if news agencies had been there (like they were when they 9/11 happened, or when they were sent the tapes of various beheadings etc) we would have seen them by now. The difference is the government could not sensor 9/11, if they could I bet they would have.

Valid point about there not being news agencies present, but I still don't think they should censor this. In my opinion, the idea that releasing the photos will incite the terrorists to retaliate is lame. I don't think the decision to release the photos is going to be the difference between them retaliating or not. We killed bin Laden, if they aren't already pissed at us I don't think releasing the photos is going to be what provokes them.

But really, I doubt it matters, you are probably the type of person who would just say the pictures were photoshopped anyway.

Haha what are you basing this on? Do you say that to everyone that wants the photos released?

Releasing the pictures would be right given the controversy. I personally don't need to see them, however. I'll look at them if they are but there is no way our government would be so stupid to declare him dead like this if they didn't genuinely think they got him.

If they got the wrong man, we'll see a video of OBL holding up a newspaper declaring his death and embarrasing the Obama administration beyond belief. Since we haven't seen that yet, I doubt it will happen. So, either they got him in last weekend or he's been dead for a while and this is just a PR grab. Either way, the terrorist is dead, and deservedly so.

Valid point about there not being news agencies present, but I still don't think they should censor this. In my opinion, the idea that releasing the photos will incite the terrorists to retaliate is lame. I don't think the decision to release the photos is going to be the difference between them retaliating or not. We killed bin Laden, if they aren't already pissed at us I don't think releasing the photos is going to be what provokes them.

FWIW I agree that the photo's should be released. People should see the ugly side of war and that bastard didn't deserve the funeral he was given let alone censorship. But just because I disagree with the decision doesn't mean I think he wasn't killed or that it was some conspiracy.

Haha what are you basing this on? Do you say that to everyone that wants the photos released?

People who need photo's to confirm his death are likely people who would not be convinced anyway. There is a narrative they have constructed in their head and damn the facts if they get in the way. Maybe this isn't you, but how many times did Obama have to prove his citizenship (as an example from this thread) and yet people still aren't convinced. The story is better then the truth sometimes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.