2011 IIHF World Championship

eaglejelly

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I was devils GM for a day.. Anders Bastiansen (norwegian) would be an great signing. He was MVP in the swedish playoffs this year and is a free agent to boot. Mathis Olimb would be an excellent signing as well, though he was drafted before so I don't know how that really works.. :P Just noticed these guys are leading the world cup in points so far as well.. :)

If these guys were swedes they'd both be playing in the NHL already..

Edited by njdevsftw

Wish I was devils GM for a day.. Anders Bastiansen (norwegian) would be an great signing. He was MVP in the swedish playoffs this year and is a free agent to boot. Mathis Olimb would be an excellent signing as well, though he was drafted before so I don't know how that really works.. :P Just noticed these guys are leading the world cup in points so far as well.. :)

If these guys were swedes they'd both be playing in the NHL already..

I would me majourly supprised if the games weren't being scouted, and given the Devils previos track record of bringing in free agents from europe, i would have thought Lou and Conte would have someone there watching.

I would me majourly supprised if the games weren't being scouted, and given the Devils previos track record of bringing in free agents from europe, i would have thought Lou and Conte would have someone there watching.

I'm sure you're right about the scouting part.. I'm still not to optimistic on their behalf however.. Seems like it takes a lot for an NHL club to give a real chance to players outside the traditional big hockey countries. Granted, in Norways case, our biggest offensive talents (Knutsen, Zuccarello, Olimb, Thoresen) in recent years have been fairly small in stature, making the NHL transition a lot harder. They've been a bit unlucky as well.. Knutsen, an outstanding passer, was stuck in the sh!tty CBJs.. Olimb was literally BEATEN out of the NHL by a TEAMMATE (Kyle Beach) in the pre-season training camp last year. Glad we don't have those kinda (completely retarded) players in Europe.. All though, if we did Olimb may have been better prepared.. :P

Bastiansen has been playing well for years though, and as far as I can tell he has never been drafted(?). He has the size and talent needed for the NHL, but I guess he might be to old now at 30.. :|

palmieri and fayne sent back home for a bunch of flyers. that's the thanks palm gets for his goals.

All I heard is that van Riemsdyk has been added. Where did you see something about Palmieri and Fayne being sent back?

Even with Palmieri's two goals, I'd much rather have JVR on the team. In international hockey I root for USA, not the Devils. Palmieri had two goals in the Norway game but in the other four games only mustered one assist, plus JVR is obviously much better.