Bruce Boudreau

Blown01NJ

If we are going to run this team with only the 2 assistants or even if we need to make Lou get behind the bench on this one I will still say no to this guy.

If your going to sign Boudreau then why not try another Rookie coach then ??? I mean at least the rookie coach didn't show he sucked yet.

I don't feel we can heap all the blame on Boudreau. He did in fact get this team to perennial playoff contender status. I think this has to do more with the team choking. There's just too many guys out there who resort to playing as individuals and not a team game.

From what I saw, the Caps kept getting out of postition and just falling apart. In game three they had Ovechkin playing at the top of the blue line with Backstrom. They also only had one guy on their squad who had long term playoffs experience in Jason Arnott. Plus you gotta give a lot of credit to the Lightning. They were playing like they did in the beginning of the season. They're fast and young but they've also got great defensive components and role players along with their core crew of LeCavalier, St. Louis and Stamkos so there's some stability there as well.

In addition, the Caps weren't a dominating club all year. They had to duke it out with Philly for tops in the eastern conference and had TB breathing down their necks. Ovechkin was having a pretty rough season with scoring for a while there as well.

Edited by CarpathianForest

I'd hire him to do what that Cameron guy did in the stands - he might not be too bad there.

no way.... you see that deer in headlights look he gets.... you can't have that happen while spinning on a steep aisle-way

Don't want this fathead coaching the team...plus he has a big mouth, and the last thing Lou wants is a brash head coach

underachiever as well, we don't want that.

Edited by '7'

Boudreau I wouldn't be THAT opposed to. He's certainly (but not this past season) gotten his top offensive players to produce for him as Ovi had like 4 straight 50 goal season, and lets be honest, Ovi and Kovy aren't too different of players.

Bringing a coach to your team to make one player performs is not a good Idea.The reason his offensive players didn't perform as well this past season is that for once he played with a system that included Defense :rolleyes:

A guy like Backstrom suddenly found himself with a real center job.He had to come back and defend.Play in both ends.Something he didn't have to do these past couple of years.

Don't want this fathead coaching the team...plus he has a big mouth, and the last thing Lou wants is a brash head coach

underachiever as well, we don't want that.

Im not advocating for Boudreau whatsoever, the first part of what you said is entirely true and IMO the main reason he's probably not going to be a candidate even if he ends up out on his ass.

However, the second part is exactly what people thought of Pat Burns before he became New Jersey's head coach.

Im not advocating for Boudreau whatsoever, the first part of what you said is entirely true and IMO the main reason he's probably not going to be a candidate even if he ends up out on his ass.

However, the second part is exactly what people thought of Pat Burns before he became New Jersey's head coach.

yeah, but they were wrong. burns largely took mediocre teams and with some luck made them into solid teams. boudreau has a great team, but he can't get it to win in the playoffs.

the reason burns won 3 jack adams trophies is because he took over clubs that weren't doing well.

Edited by Triumph