All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Tadaaaaaa !!!!!!!
  3. All purpose general trade speculation thread

and we thought Lou was bending the rules back then..... this is like....... next level sh!t lol
  4. All purpose general trade speculation thread

such a fishy trade. Really don’t get Vegas’s reasoning.
  5. All purpose general trade speculation thread

What a crock of sh!t. Add another issue to the list for the next lockout. [emoji849] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Today
  7. All purpose general trade speculation thread

IMHO, then this is typical cap circumvention and the league should not have allowed it. Gary Bettman wouldve been on Lou's case if the Devils did anything like this.
  8. All purpose general trade speculation thread

40% just this season is what I read
  9. Seriously, you don't see It? Always though it was a separated at birth thing
  10. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Wow not sure how Pitt got Vegas to agree to this. Vegas retaining 40% of Brassards salary. For Reaves and a 4th? Nuts.
  11. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Ryan “Really, a first round pick?” Reaves
  12. Olympic Hockey

Can't wait to see Canada in the Men's hockey finals. Oh wait...
  13. Olympic Hockey

Congrats eagle! I hope you guys keep this crazy momentum going and beat Russia! What a crazy tournament this has been for you guys, this is your country's 1980, hopefully you guys can get the gold now too.
  14. Why is justin Timberlake skating at devils practice?.
  15. All purpose Patrik Elias memories and love topic

This one has always been my favorite. A close second. Otherwise, my earliest memory of him, which might be wrong was about how he was in Lemaire’s doghouse. So sometimes you just can’t give up on people, and GMs probably should not listen to my talent evaluations. Oh, and I went to college in Philly. One sports radio show host would always talk about how Elias was a Flyer killer and he hated Elias, the Devils and all Devils fans. Feels good to be appreciated.
  16. Grabner to Devils - confirmed, for 2nd round pick and D Igor Rykov

A couple of Hall quotes - sorry if someone else has already posted them and I somehow missed them “It’s a great piece for our team and a guy that you’d want to have on your team,” said leading scorer Taylor Hall, who will bring an NHL-best 13-game point streak into Saturday’s game and a personal 20-game point streak. “He’s got a ton of speed and he fits into exactly how we want to play as a group. Hopefully he’s a guy that can play here for more than just this year. “I don’t want to speak for Ray but he obviously wants us to experience the playoffs and he wants us to go down the stretch with some confidence and it’s a clear sign he expects us to be there at the end of the year,” Hall added. “It’s great for our team and our confidence and mentality.”
  17. All purpose Patrik Elias memories and love topic

I hadn't been a Devils fan for all that long when Elias started getting called up from the minors. Never really thought a lot about him when he was called up in 96-97 either. Sykora was always the important one, Elias was this other guy, even when he had a solid rookie season in 98. In 98-99 the A line was put together but it felt like Elias couldn't finish - that's my memory of him from 98-99 is him blowing chance over chance. That seemed to be the consensus on the nj.com forums when I arrived there in the summer of 1999. It changed in 2000, obviously. It's easy to forget now, but in 2000, the Devils simply did not win games in overtime in the playoffs. They hadn't for the last half-decade. For Elias to score that goal late in Game 7, he not only saved us from the nightmare of the Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals, he saved us from the nightmare of overtime in a Game 7. Still remember being drunk sitting at my computer refreshing TSN.ca/nhl/ on July 1, 2006. We had been hearing all day that Elias was going to sign with the Rangers and then boom, 'Elias signs 7 year deal to remain with Devils'. I feel like a lot of Devils fans have taken Elias for granted. He made everyone he played with a better player, and it was hard to notice that when he was playing with guys like Arnott and Sykora who already had established careers. It became easier during the later years when he got to play with lesser talents, clearly elevating them. Still, he's underappreciated in general. I hope he gets the reception he deserves tomorrow. He's a Hall of Fame player and by all indications, it seems like he's a good guy away from the ice as well.
  18. Shero is probably the most entertaining gm in the league in terms of making trades
  19. Grabner to Devils - confirmed, for 2nd round pick and D Igor Rykov

This was a pretty good read: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/five-questions-with-ray-shero/c-296291010 He said there was a hole in the lineup where MoJo should be (but still hopes he comes back this year); Grabner is supposed to fill that hole & add depth. Also: Between Vatanen and Grabner, do you feel like you're done dealing? "I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel here, I do like our team. But you're in touch [with other GM's] in case something happens to our team by Monday, 3 p.m. Or someone is available that I wasn't sure of, something that makes sense, a hockey trade. You're in touch with teams because it might not be today that you make a deal, it might be at the draft. The seeds are being planted so it's always a great time to chat with every GM in the league and do your due diligence and gather information. We'll see what happens Monday at 3."
  20. All purpose Patrik Elias memories and love topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. All purpose Patrik Elias memories and love topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. All purpose general trade speculation thread

haha they are fvcked now... they will have to give up more than they wanted to... cause they can't... not trade him now... how awkward would that be lol
  23. Grabner to Devils - confirmed, for 2nd round pick and D Igor Rykov

Severson for Draisaitl
  1. Load more activity