All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Taylor Hall Questions

Just saw the Spitfires retired Hall’s #4. Question to any of the Canadian members, is it fairly common for numbers to be retired in juniors? Or is this somewhat special?
  3. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

I mean come on. That's like showing up grossly late for your first day at a new job. Sloppy, stupid, and definitely a band omen. This stuff can't fly especially when you're trying to institute a culture change. People wanted to excuse Geno Smith for his lapse and Mo Wilk for his lapses. But long term they just ended up reaffirming that this wasn't an isolated incident. That they're not too bright and won't ever find consistent, meaningful success. The only time this stuff gets excused is if you're insanely talented (Manny being Manny) then you'll get the blind eye. Not Dom Smith who has already had inexcusable issues with his weight
  4. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

This organization was cash strapped and on the verge of bankruptcy. They were borrowing money from the league and Andrew Barroway. Players were concerned about getting paid. They literally had a yard sale during the season in the depths of the Rock selling anything they could get a buck for. So yeah, there are consequences of being a money losing franchise...no marketing budget, Parise never really considering signing here, encouraging Kovy to go home and the inferior retirement ceremonies.(according to you)
  5. All purpose general trade speculation thread

You could sign him but he'd have to go through waivers first, and then you can trade him, if he isn't claimed. Same as the Ryan O'Reilly (near-) fiasco a few years back.
  6. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I'm sure Kovy wants to go to NYR but I really doubt they'd even want him at this point. Who is going to give him more than 2 years anyway? Plus he's a flight risk.
  7. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I hope Kovy signs a massive contract with the Rangers and cripples that team like Parise with the Wild 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 Do it Gorton.
  8. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I think he’s asking whether everything happened before 3 pm tomorrow. I think it theoretically could happen that way.
  9. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

And please let it be something other than the length of his hot dog.
  10. All purpose general trade speculation thread

...and I see some promising similarities with what Ray has been doing in NJ. He's already completed several shrewd deals of his own and hasn't really made any bad cap decisions. Hopefully we can get to where Poile has the Preds in the next few years. Hall for Larrson and Subban for Weber was still one of the wildest 20 minutes I can remember
  11. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

as everyone has stated it was an awesome ceremony and buzz around the rock last night, definitely glad that I decided to go. As for those of you making these comments about brodeur... you're being ridiculous..find something else to analyze.
  12. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Kovy is not going to be a Ranger. The only reason to come back over is a shot at the Cup. Ain’t happening with them.
  13. All purpose general trade speculation thread

And Ray Shero was Poile’s assistant for years...
  14. Today
  15. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

The puck podium was an awesome idea. Kudos to whoever thought of that and to let the fans buy the pucks right after. I got one and it still has the glue on the one side, I love it.
  16. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Marty Brodeur is PROBABLY an a$$hole. Michael Jordan is an a$$hole. Tiger Woods is an a$$hole. Tom Brady is an a$$hole. That's just how this stuff works. Not surprising, at all. All in all, the guy should have clapped and done the right thing...no matter how selfish or self-centered he is.
  17. All purpose general trade speculation thread

He'd have to go through waivers.
  18. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

This was maybe the single best event I've ever seen the Devils organization put on. Under Lou these jersey retirements were done on the cheap, basically they'd throw a red carpet on the ice, borrow a New Jersey Board of Ed superintendents podium, couple of folding chairs and that's it. After the Brodeur ceremony, and after this ceremony (which was even better) it's so refreshing, and it feels so new, to finally be in first class.
  19. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

100% agreed. You have to clap there...if you aren't clapping, there is clearly an issue. Period.
  20. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I agree with this. Totally possible.
  21. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Just a question. Not saying we should. Not saying we would. Just a question. its becoming clear Kovalchuk will wear an NHL sweater next year, entering as a UFA. kovalchuk is done with the olympics. He got his gold for team [REDACTED]. We still own his rights. Let’s say the Penguins want to sign him and offer us a 2nd round pick. Is he allowed to come back now? Lets say Shero wants to slot him next to Grabner and Zacha. Can we just say “ok kovy cmon down?”.
  22. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Was at the panthers game yesterday and this is a team that’s playing at a next-level. They’re fast and they’re smart and they’re deep. I will not be shocked if they finish the season with 13 or 14 more wins and claim one of the WC slots.
  23. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

The crowd was bat sh!t amazing last night. I get frustrated with these nights crowd wise because it makes me want it all the time. I think the fan base is there to have games like that all the time if the pricing of the arena was restructured quite a bit. It would be amazing if we could make it possible to pack it out every night and have electric crowds like last night and the home opener. I want to make the playoffs so badly.
  24. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I'm hoping Nash doesn't turn it around the way Eric Staal did in Minn.
  25. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I'm not denying that any of what you said happened. I was there too, and I mostly saw him look uninterested. I'm sure there were moments where he looked more happy than not.
  26. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I too do not like the way it ended with Marty, but some of this stuff is just as silly as when the fanbase was analyzing whether Taylor Hall was smiling after he assisted on a particular goal late in the year last season, I believe it was a John Moore OT winner. To this day, at least on reddit, it's still a meme. Any thread about Hall usually has a comment "but was he smiling?" Obviously Marty enjoyed himself and the festivities yesterday. If he didn't care about Patrik or the Devils then he just would've claimed he couldn't have came for whatever reason. This is all nonsense.
  1. Load more activity