All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Just for the sake of it... Would you do Galchenyuk vs. Zacha? Don't think I would
  3. Today
  4. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Chances of prying Patrick Kane from Chicago?
  5. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

I know I've given this advice multiple times because you find good links, and this goes for the rest of the posters here - if you don't see it posted anywhere, start a thread. There's got to be more people who would click on a Hynes interview thread than the game thread from last night. The bottom threads on Page 1 of this forum haven't been posted in for weeks. EDIT: Even though it says I am a 'Mod', I am not, this is just my opinion and does not reflect anything about DM's opinion.
  6. All purpose general trade speculation thread

That’s a tiny haul for a good goalie. Damnit.
  7. Olympic Hockey

Donato is all over the ice
  8. Olympic Hockey

Bruins have something in Ryan Donato. Kid looks good.
  9. Olympic Hockey

2-0 USA!
  10. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

They interviewed patty after Hynes, 26 is the best, love that man, even though he was almost a ranger
  11. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Flyers acquired Petr Mrazek from the Wings for a 2018 4th round pick and conditional 2019 3rd round pick.
  12. GDT: Devils @ Tampa 7:00 PM

I feel like that HAD to be an NJDevs member. Fess up, big guy, whomever you are!!!
  13. GDT: Devils @ Tampa 7:00 PM

I lol'd re the Hall jersey. Interesting info to read. Agree, pretty ridiculous for a fan to try to stand there and educate a NHL head coach, should just get an account on a hockey message board like the rest of us.
  14. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I stopped reading when the guy said he was 3 for 120.
  15. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

Sworn Defenders earlier this week in a depth d move welcomed Zdeno Chara and Mike Green (along with an 18th). Officially giving up on Klefbom in an Oilers down year along with Olli Maata and a 14th. In more impactful news, Sworn D sends off Thomas Vanek, Boone Jenner, Josh Morrisey and a 7th rounder for a 17, Brayden Schenn, Erik Karlsson and bringing back a team favorite, Jonathan Quick who will be the presumptive starter with Murray remaining as an insurance policy and keeper candidate.
  16. Wood suspended two games

That's this company... https://violentgentlemen.com https://violentgentlemen.com/products/make-hockey-snapback
  17. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Didn't see this posted anywhere - it's a 12 minute interview with Hynes. He talks about the rebuild, Hall (MVP!), Zacha and a bunch of other things but at the end he's asked about Schneids & he says he started skating again today http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-central-at-noon/devils-coach-wants-taylor-halls-name-hart-conversation/
  18. Yesterday
  19. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I got a chuckle out of the Mueller analysis, I wonder if the author didn't realize he was hurt for almost 4 months
  20. Wood suspended two games

I like it, but there’s a definite difference between physicality and violence. Both have been removed from the game, to its detriment.
  21. GDT: Devils @ Tampa 7:00 PM

So, I went to the game on Saturday. My wife got me tickets 5 rows from the ice for Valentine's Day. I know, I win. Here's some stuff I'm typing out because I'm bored at work. If you haven't been to a game @ Tampa, go. It's easily my favorite away arena. We stayed at the Westin, where the Devils usually stay. This year they stayed at the Marriott; which is where we stayed last year. Whoops. I saw Nico walking before the game. He looked 13 years old. Tampa had a high-school hockey tournament the night before and I was almost 100% positive he was on one of those teams. The TV absolutely adds 20 pounds here.. the kid is miniature. Which makes this season so unbelievably impressive. Hynes was out and about in the stands before warmups and spent time talking to fans. He says he thinks MoJo will be back before the playoffs. Really nice guy, really well spoken and surprisingly candid with his answers to the questions fans were peppering him with. Some enormous dude walked up to him and started talking really quietly in his ear for a long time, obviously giving him coaching "tips". It was super awkward for everyone there and he quickly went back into the tunnel after that... that's why we can't have nice things. Daneyko also came out for a few minutes to say hi. He's always amazing with the fans. Some dude next to me gave him a sharpie in a plastic bag as a "present". It was super awkward, again, and he left quickly, again. Why are people so weird?! The gameday presentation of the Lightning is second to none. Their stadium is sick, their fans are knowledgeable and SUPER nice, their food options blow away anything I've ever had... just amazing. My wife sweet and sour shrimp that would have been delicious at a regular restaurant, and I had a burger from Outback Steakhouse that was so good I'm still thinking about it today. The game itself was incredible. Two major complains were the Tampa replay staff at the stadium. After Wood's check, the ONLY replay they showed on the stadium jumbotron was a closeup of a bloody face. The fans -- naturally -- were going bananas that it wasn't a 5 + misconduct, since it seemed like his face got that fvcked up from the boards and not the fight. The Taylor Hall post-to-post shot was never shown or spoken about again. From where I sat, that puck was in the back of the net. The Devils fans in the arena (a lot of us, I'll add) all stood up and went crazy. The goal light came on. And then play continued like nothing happened and we never saw a replay. I was still positive it was a goal until someone on here replied to me that it rang off of the pipes. You all know this already, but Taylor Hall is just the best player on the ice almost every time he's out there. It's insane to watch. He high fived my wife after warmups and I'm pretty sure that was the reason I got laid that night. She asked me to wear my Hall jersey? Hmm.
  22. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

I was concerned pre-draft
  23. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

I can finally read your posts at work!
  24. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

I love Taylor, but Nico absolutely and unquestionably had a more productive week. Nico Hischier's (4G 3A--7P) last week: Scored on a 2-on-1 immediately after the Flyers had scored to make it 4-2 late in the 2nd period, bringing the score to 4-3. Primary assist on Hall's tying goal with 1:21 left in the 3rd period. Devils win 5-4 in a shootout. Primary assist on Severson's goal to tie things up at 1-1 against Carolina in the 1st period. Primary assist on Palmieri's game-winning goal in the 2nd period, and scores to put the game away at 4-2 in the 3rd period. Devils win 5-2. Scores on a 2-on-1 to tie the game at 2-2 vs. Tampa. Devils win 4-3. Scores on a breakaway on the powerplay to open the scoring last night against Carolina, Devils win 3-2 in OT.
  25. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

I figured Kovalchuk, Parise, or Patty HAD to have won one just by accident since January of 2010. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

They're "somewhat relevant" in the way the Devils have been "somewhat relevant" in the past 4 seasons. If they string together 6 or 7 wins in a row, they might find themselves a few points out of a playoff spot. But they stink, so they won't. They'll also likely trade Mrazek and Mike Green before next Monday, which will make their poopy team even more poopy.
  27. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Really no reason to be concerned. He's still a teenager in his first year.
  28. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

This past week has been massive for us. Keep it rolling.
  1. Load more activity