All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Help with a paperweight!

Alright glad someone got it haha And based on his avatar there's no way he didn't get it either lol Star Wars reference guys. Cmon!
  3. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I assume some of those guys (aside from Havlat and Zidlicky) are just Patty’s friends. Weekes, Morrison, Rupp, etc are not exactly the names that come to mind when you’re thinking of great Devils.
  4. Help with a paperweight!

obviously you need the avatar to get it.
  5. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Not like Elias was buddy-buddy with every single last teammate.
  6. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Because it would have been awkward given Langs' bad blood on departing here and the fact Sutter gave him the C over Patty? I doubt the two were particularly close, I don't think Patty even mentioned him in his speech. And it IS his night after all.
  7. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

So Lagares has ANOTHER hammy injury and Dom Smith has a quad injury. The more things change...
  8. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Why no Jamie Langenbrunner at the event?
  9. Help with a paperweight!

I think SD was making a joke and not literally threatening your life. There’s a marketplace section of the forum that may be more helpful to you!
  10. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I’m terrified of this the day I become a dad. I wish nothing but the best for his family and something out there to ease their pain.
  11. Today
  12. All purpose general trade speculation thread

man I don't get this I don't think he brought much of anything to the Olympics. He fit right it will all the other non- NHL players
  13. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Some of it is some fans just wondering aloud what Marty might have been thinking or feeling at certain moments (that's what I was going for, anyway)...but yeah, some of it is a bit over the top. But it's like I said in a previous post, Marty the person is far more polarizing than Marty the player. Some fans really don't like the latter, no matter how much they love the former. Suffice it to say that I definitely don't subscribe to the "Most former greats are a$$holes by default" theory...but sure, some of them have bigger egos than others. Goes with the territory.
  14. Help with a paperweight!

Sorry all. Seems the thread isn't the norm! Apologies. I joined out the blue because I have this obscure thing in my possession and this seemed like an obvious port of call!!
  15. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Ffs you’d think Marty was kicking puppies reading this thread. Talk about an overreaction...
  16. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Kovalchuk isn't coming back, he's 35+ now and no one will give him a multi-year deal unless they have firm assurances from a floor team that he can be dealt there in case he runs back to Russia
  17. All purpose general trade speculation thread

There's just so much player turnover and roster turnover, that friends are always playing against each other.
  18. Help with a paperweight!

Some will get it. Some won't lol
  19. Help with a paperweight!

What the heck kind of thread is this???
  20. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

My sincere condolences to Jordan Staal and his family. Just heard his infant daughter passed away. Feel terrible for him. Hope he recovers, this is by far the most difficult time for him and his family.
  21. Help with a paperweight!

I assume it's no good to you dead.
  22. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

He got on ice results no doubt. For a period of time he was the gold standard franchise builder in the NHL. The team got consistently good in 1990 and entered elite realm in 1993 which we carried through 2012 with some blips here and there. 3 Cups, 5 finals appearances and consistent regular season winning. However during that time period the Devils needed to call more attention to themselves and invest in being an elite, must see, first class franchise that is closely connected to its fans, on the cutting edge of all social media breakthroughs during that era. They didn't do that. The fruits of those successful year should've been a larger fan base, totally devoted to the team and pumping more and more money into the team to help it sustain during the leaner years. Lou believed that if you win they'd come. Well some did come, but many many more would've come if we acted like the Yankees or Habs while winning. You're right about these new(ish, not really that new anymore) owners. However I feel as though with the Devils ownership troubles the NHL likely needed some assurances before handing the franchise off to these two. We're going into year 5 now and so far, so good. I think they expected some rocky early years but we're just now starting to turn the corner and hopefully make some money.
  23. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I'm still such on a high from last night. This picture is bringing me so many emotions. Feeling so proud, privileged, grateful, nostalgic, sad, happy, moved... Thank you so much Patty for all the memories, the goals, the assists, the sacrifices, the records, the leadership, the cups, the clutch goals, the class act you were... You deserve it all. Putting myself in his shoes, leaving behind something you absolutely loved doing but cannot any more to the level you'd want to. But recognizing everything you've accomplished, seeing the legacy you're leaving behind and seeing the appreciation from everyone surrounding you.... ughhh, I'm getting choked up just typing this.
  24. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Chris Kelley signs for remainder of the season in ANA and A trade between NSH and SJ. Bollig to NSH? Again need Twitter peps. Word is Mcd just hopped quickly into his cab outside his hotel on 35th, did he get traded. Interesting.
  25. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Totally agree on the social media. Lou had his MO for doing things. He got results. As far as that leading it to being a financially successful franchise that could certainly be debated. This franchise has been fighting to survive from day 1. I am absolutely amazed that a team could be put in this market in 82 and survive. We are still far from out of the woods IMHO. These owners scare me since they are professional liquidators. Let's hope they see a decent ROI(or writeoff) or fall in love with owning this team.
  26. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I'm guessing they're still butthurt over the goal song.
  27. Help with a paperweight!

Hi. I would be happy too, I don't really have any idea of any value?
  1. Load more activity