All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Devils have gone 3-3 so far over a very tough 8-game stretch. Two games left. I was hoping for 8-10 points. The Devils can still do that, but it really feels like they need three or four this weekend. Two tonight would be lovely. Then two days off, then a glut of games to finish out the season (including another back-to-back, against the Isles and Canadiens...gotta get 3 at the very least in those two). LGD!
  3. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

And wasn't he bitching about possibly not being a starter earlier this spring? Dude, you've done next to nothing the past three years. STFU and do whatever you're asked. BTW he'll be 28 on 5/30...he's no kid anymore.
  4. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

And that's the thing to keep in mind... some guys were "good enough" to actually make the team at 20... while some other players got cut from the team and went back to juniors or wtv... and later had an impact. So Zacha "could" be ahead of the curve here.
  5. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

This is exactly how I feel, it's easy to kick and scream about some of the guys taken after him, but we gotta be patient because development isn't a linear process and it's not the same for every player. It took Ryan Getzlaf three years after his draft year to start making a meaningful impact for the Ducks, not every 1st round pick is going to be a superstar after a year of development. I like the kid a lot and see the skill set of a great player, just gotta be patient with him.
  6. Today
  7. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Personally i don't think Zacha is terrible. He's been playing badly earlier to the point he was directly hurting the team. But lately he was making good plays and helping pushing the play forward i find. He was just not finding the net often. And again it's important to understand that he's playing in the NHL at 20 years old. Many very very very good NHL players are the moment weren't in the NHL at 20. So there's certainly room for improvement I always go back to Kucherov. at 20 he was playing his first NHL season and had 18 pts in 52 games. And Zacha has 19 pts in 60 right now. That's obviously not suggesting that Zacha will be the next Kucherov. It's only saying that we have to be patient.
  8. You'll never win with Schneider

Every time I read the title of this thread, I wonder if 7 meant we'd never see him win a single game ever again...
  9. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

I mean if they don't come out desperate tonight then I think we'll know all we need to about this team. If they want the playoffs, they must win this game.
  10. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Skated yesterday with the team yesterday for a full practice but we'll get a better idea at the morning skate later today. Production hasn't come for him the way we've wanted this year but before his injury he was showing, at least to me, he can be a legitimate 2nd line center someday. You see the things you want out of him – hockey sense, playmaking ability, vision, strength on the puck – it's just a matter of getting the pucks to go in for him. Also on the topic of injuries, Miles Wood skated briefly yesterday but didn't take part in full practice like Zacha did, so likely another game out for Wood.
  11. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Many years ago when we first dealt for him there was a scout (or a few scouts) not sure if ever identified who pretty much predicted his career would take this trajectory and would ultimately end up a reliever. Like you I'm about at the end of my rope with him. Will give him a little more time but he's quickly falling into the irredeemable bucket.
  12. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Anything that gets Zajac off the top line would certainly be welcomed.
  13. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Is it confirmed that he's back? As we all know, he has still left a lot to be desired this year in terms of production, but he's still young, and in all honesty, I would be ecstatic if he's back tonight. I feel like anytime any guy comes back from injury, it gives the rest of the team an energy boost.
  14. You'll never win with Schneider

If you have an Athletic sub, Cat Silverman did a great piece of Schneider's struggles and what he's actually doing technically wrong in the net right now. Also mentions there should be hope the Vezina candidate we used to see can still return: https://theathletic.com/284084/2018/03/22/behind-the-save-its-poor-timing-for-a-cory-schneider-slump-but-expect-a-bounce-back-soon-enough/
  15. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

LGD, might be getting some reinforcements tonight with Zacha coming back. Like him or not, getting him back strengthens our team down the middle, so crucial down the stretch to have good centers. Just win boys.
  16. The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

Elias Retirement night game worn auction ended last night. Big numbers for these.
  17. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Come on Devils win big, you beat em before!
  18. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Anything less than two points is going to feel like a coffin nail. Especially if Florida wins on Saturday night.
  19. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

I'd say at a minimum we need a split of next 2 games. Would like 3 of 4 points.
  20. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

I wasn't bringing the Panthers' slowing up to compare them to the Devils. One thing that we can pretty sure of is that the Devils aren't going to back in...even if the Panthers only play about .500 hockey from here on out (big IF), the Devils still have to do some winning...if the Devils lose tonight and tomorrow, I'll even go so far as to say that they're almost definitely done...I've been as optimistic as I can be, but only for so long; there's only so much outside help you can expect to get. But at least if the Panthers are finally going to stop playing out of their minds, things get a little easier for the Devils...and I'll take anything that I can get.
  21. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

We got some huge help last night by Florida losing in regulation. I've never been so pumped for a game like I am tonight. National TV. I will be at the bar at 6pm today. Happy hour that I hope stays happy when 10pm rolls around. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
  22. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Wheeler's another guy that I'm just done with. Guy is NEVER going to put it all together. Some pitchers never do.
  23. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

exactly, we've seen it with other young groups around the league lately, Toronto, Calgary, etc etc It's the same exact thing happening every single year. Veterans teams are starting slow. Young team are coming out strong and doing well. and everyone is going "geez this team is surprising this year... and this other team that should be doing a lot better is not doing well" and sure enough... by the end of the season the vets get it rolling as the season and play become a lot tighter through the season and the veteran team makes it. There's many reasons for that. A lot of new guys are surprising the other teams cause the other team doesnt know those guys much or they don't know the team's system etc etc so it's hard to match up. But as the season goes and other teams gets more and more videos, it's easier to matchup then. We've seen that the last 2 games. The sharks really played like they knew exactly how to play us. They knew we pressure high and leave a big gap between our Fs and Ds and they had a few good stretch pass that created scoring chances... and of course they scored on them. i'm still reallllllly encouraged by this season
  24. Keith Kinkaid Appreciation Thread.

Hopefully his head is in the game and not pondering his upcoming Chipotle date.
  25. Keith Kinkaid Appreciation Thread.

AND we need a lil puck luck, and a great game again from Blockade. Pens have been playing very well as of late.
  26. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I watched the Florida Vs Columbus game last night, Columbus dominated the whole game from start to finish. Their commetary team said that Tortarella could now start preparing the team for the playoffs. At first I though that was quite a premature statement, but they are playing so well I can't see them missing under any circumstance. Oh and the few times that Florida did threaten Bobrovski was fantastic.
  27. You'll never win with Schneider

Goaltenders may also be to CS compared to baseball starting pitchers; the mental aspect of their game is of utmost importance. They have to be right in the head. CS is obviously not.
  1. Load more activity