All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Well if we miss the playoffs next year in addition to this year that's a concern, after which Hall can officially re-sign (or turn down) an extension. But if they don't make it this year, I don't think Shero's going to be stupid enough to sit on his hands and just replace Moore with Mirco Mueller and Maroon/Grabner with Quenneville/McLeod. They should improve the team, of course how much they'll be able to improve it is debatable since they're suddenly kind of short on picks to trade and don't have a lot of spare prospects to deal off.
  3. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

I see your point, but I'm pretty sure he heard the "we're headed in the right direction" talk in Edmonton. Like I wrote before, Hall is going to be 27 and in his 8th season. He hasn't gotten in the postseason once. He's not exactly going to be eager to re-sign if we miss the playoffs this year, next year and the year after. "Headed in the right direction" only goes so far.
  4. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Agreed. The opportunity is there right now. Saying next year or year after that isn't going to sit well with the players we want to keep, i.e. Hall.
  5. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

For sure. It's funny you mention that, because as I was writing it I was thinking "it would be nice if Boyle, Stafford, and one of either Coleman or Bratt were out of the lineup and replaced with Zacha, Mojo, and Wood." Not that it would automatically make the team a top 5 in the league, but it definitely deepens the roster and makes it a little more formidable on paper. Agreed that if they do happen to get in, they will have earned it and overcome some pretty serious odds.
  6. Today
  7. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

LGD. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

to be fair if that lineup makes it into the playoffs they overachieved by a mile. That's some scary sh!t, and honestly throwing Zacha in there doesn't add much other than some higher expectations that won't be met. If they win it's not based on talent but heart.
  9. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Pretty sure Hall buys into the direction of the team. Not that I'm sure he'll stay, but I don't think he hates it here and I don't think he is blind to the fact that this team is young and has upcoming talent and is clearly going in the right direction with Shero. We'll see in 2 years I guess.
  10. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

I don' care what' necessary, busy just fvcking win. LGD!
  11. GDT: Devils @ Pitt - 23 Mar - 7p Eastern

Zacha and Wood both day-to-day still, but I'm guessing neither plays in this game... What do/should the lines look like? Hall - Hischier - Palmieri Gibbons - Zajac - Grabner Bratt - Coleman - Maroon Noesen - Boyle - Stafford
  12. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How many times have you personally called me or others out? How many times have you circled the wagons when one of your friends on here is getting hammered? Again the pot calling the kettle black.
  13. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

At least I don't complain about and personally attack other posters on the board over and over again.
  14. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

He's right.
  15. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

So continue to cry about it in this thread, the KK is the best thread, the Cory sucks thread, the GDT, and every other thread. I guess the Mets continued disappointments have warped your perceptions enough to make you have these tantrums. Good lord and the irony is that you have accused me of being bitter many times in the past. Pot meet kettle Hasan
  16. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

lol someone actually said this season was a big win no matter what? Yeah real big win when you choke away a playoff berth, find out you actually need a starting goalie in addition to other spots that have to be filled, and give up two second rounders, a third-rounder, a fourth rounder and Rykov...all for two rentals and one guy (Mueller) that can't get off the bench. That's a lot of draft picks to pi** away for the good 'ol college try and I'm not even throwing in the additional 2 and 3 we gave up for Johansson who was a bust even when healthy this year.
  17. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

I strongly disagree. Not making it in will be a colossal failure. Shero's trades will be for naught, Maroon and Grabner will look elsewhere and Hall goes another disillusioned year without getting in. Carlson maybe thinks of signing somewhere else. Even a four game sweep out is a million times better. Look at Ottawa, Conference FInal to being out. You just don't know how next year will go. Incredibly important getting in this year
  18. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

19. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Fingers crossed. Next year will be Hall's 8th season and he turns 27 in November. He's not going to have much of an appetite to play for a team that perennially misses the playoffs.
  20. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

If this doesn't say that the hockey gods aren't letting us in then I don't know what does.
  21. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I saw over on HF someone pointed out that the final Panthers-Bruins game is actually after the last scheduled day of the season after everyone else has played 82 cause it's a snowout makeup. So the danger's pretty high Boston's gonna be sitting everyone cause they'll be locked into a seed by then while the Panthers will know exactly what they need to make the playoffs if they haven't clinched or been eliminated by then.
  22. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

Unfortunately it's not in our hands anymore and we don't control our own fate. We have reached the stage where will will need help from others. The max points we can finish with is 100, Florida , CBJ and the Flyers can all finishing with 101+. So even if we went perfect for the remainder of the season if the others did too we would still miss out. Not that that is likely to happen ( although the way Florida and Columbus is playing it seems like they will never lose again!!!) But we let's not kid ourselves that we don't need help from others. It was looking good a few days ago. Now it's very much in the balance.
  23. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Bingo. At 3-6 or even 4-5 we probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways. This season was a big win for us no matter what happens. We actually are still playing meaningful games in the 3rd week of March. Usually by the St. Patrick's Day game we are already starting to play out of the string. We could lose the rest of the games and we still improved by 12 points which is a pretty nice improvement. Quite frankly I would have been happy with a 6-8 point improvement so we are already ahead of the curve in my book. Next year will be the big year when we finally get over that hump.
  24. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

And 2014 when he crapped out after the Olympics and lost the job back to Marty down the stretch of the only other playoff run this team's had in the Cory era. Now both times in a playoff run he's lost the job to his backup due to poor play. But sure keep being happy with the meaningless .925's as a platoon goalie and on 70-point teams.
  25. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

Again I'm getting sick of pucks going over his left shoulder... I'm also sick of letting up goals a minute after taylor burit's a big one.. that has to kill him... life support
  26. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

If crystal balls existed... PHI: vs NYR W, @ PIT OTL, @ DAL L, @ COL L, vs BOS L, @ NYI W, vs CAR W, vs NYR W - 95 pts CBJ: vs FLA OTL, vs STL W, @ EDM W, @ CGY L, @ VAN W, vs DET W, vs PIT OTL, @ NSH L - 97 pts FLA: @ CBJ W, vs ARI W, @ NYI W, @ TOR L, @ OTT W, @ BOS OTL, vs CAR W, @ NSH L, vs BOS W, vs BUF W, @ BOS L - 96 pts NJD: @ PIT W, vs TBL L, vs CAR W, vs PIT L, vs NYI W, @ MTL W, vs NYR W, vs TOR L, @ WSH OTL - 93 pts Depressing. Thursday we're definitely Blue Jackets fans, and the rest of the way we're pretty huge Bruins fans...
  27. You'll never win with Schneider

.921, .925, .924, .908, .909. Those are the save percentage so far Schneider since he got here. There were warning signs here last year that’s we stuck our head in the sand about them. I’ll Steve Bannon myself a bit here because thins was pointed out towards the end of last year. Sure enough, he didn’t bounce back as it was assumed. Its all over for him. Show me a list of goalies that played .920%, dropped off for two seasons, then returned to prominence. At 32. That’s without getting into all the psychological bullsh!t.
  1. Load more activity