All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Hell yeah baby, sky's the limit now! [emoji14] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

If this kid develops a scoring touch, we hit pay dirt with him... I was concerned he wasn't going to be a scorer...but he's beating goalies now with a wrist shot.. what a top line we have
  4. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Philly fixed their defence via the draft.. it took about 4 to 5 years though.. and some luck
  5. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Look at you embedding links and sh!t!
  6. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

He's someone I wanted us to draft rather than Larsson. Although, if we had done so we wouldn't have Hall today, so.......
  7. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Nico got NHL First Star of the Week
  9. Today
  10. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Its also hard to compare cause Hall is a completely different player than guys like Elias, Kovy and Parise. Just like i was with Parise though i'm a bit worried about the long term as Hall needs his speed and to be going 100% all the time in order to produce. And we were right about Zach as he's declining hard already While Elias even slowed down was effective cause his hockey IQ was so high. And kovy could score from anywhereone in the o-zone with his shot, he wouldn't even have to be moving. He could score half his goals on the PP standing on the left side, just like Stamkos. Kind of like Sykora in 2012. Slow as sh!t but still scored 21 goals cause his shot was deadly.
  11. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

If Philly keeps up, I can see consideration going to SC. He's playing stellar this season.
  12. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Mueller looks good and capable. I'd package Santini and a pick for something if we could.
  13. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Hall is having the best season a Devils forward has had since Parise in 09 and maybe ever. It's hard to put his season into the proper context because he's mostly played with two rookies, both of whom will probably go on to have great careers themselves.
  14. Wood suspended two games

This is amazing. But on topic, yeah, I think 2 games is fair. 5 minute penalty when it happened, and maybe a fine as well, would have seemed fair too, but either way is justifiable. Really hope this doesn't deter Wood from keeping the edge to his game. I could see him turning into a different player and starting to second guess himself more now. He's still young and impressionable. Let's hope he just learns from this and still stays an effective and gritty player.
  15. All purpose general trade speculation thread

That's really good to hear. Just the fact that he could be on pace to MAYBE come back this season shows that his career may not be over
  16. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Hell yeah. Pretty much agree with all of this, except I think Zacha is still playing well, though I haven't watched him as closely lately.
  17. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

I mean first of all fvck those awards for the most part. When guys are winning the Norris for "best overall dman" without being used on the PK, used to protect leads late in the game or being sent out on defensive zone faceoffs. Eat my ass NHL. Since when is the norris for "best offensive dman"? Yeah common sense doesn't always apply, it's a popularity contest. I could very well see Kucherov winning it and people being... mmm... yeah he was good but his team would have been decent with Stamkos too... By definition of the Hart, Hall should 100% be nominated at the very least. And to be honest i can't think of a better story for the NHL. Former first overall pick who never saw NHL playoffs action ever, got traded from a sh!t team to another, had a down season, had big talk with his GM about his potential and then had the best season of his career and literally carried his team to the playoffs. There's literally no better stories out there for the Hart.
  18. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

That is definitely going to happen.
  19. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

Well in general when nobody plays devils advocate to look at all angles and challenge popular beliefs then you get a group feeding on confirmation bias that believes there's a conspiracy or wtv against their team for example. That's not healthy for anyone involved lol Now you can bet if he doesn't win the Hart. Whoever won could have a very very very solid case but a bunch of fans here wouldn't even want to hear it or try to understand. They'd just play the victim card "He didn't win cause he's a NJ Devils player". We all know that. That being said i mostly never agree with the awards winners cause it seems like common sense is never applied. And also i do agree that Hall is having an amazing season with much less help than previous guys. Bringing up other examples is not arguing against that fact, only putting it in perspective.
  20. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Oh -- by the way. Talked to John Hynes before the Devils/Bolts game. He was just hanging out in the stands and catching up with Devils fans... pretty great. I asked about MoJo; he said that the belief is he'll be back before the playoffs but they're being extra cautious with him as it's his second concussion of the year.
  21. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Please don’t let Kane go to the Pens or Karlsson to the Bolts. Those teams are already going to be hard enough to beat as it is in the playoffs. None of those proposed Devils trades are terribly exciting. I guess Ben Hutton for Mirco Mueller would be the most interesting. I honestly don’t know much about Hutton, but I’m not sure they should give up on Mueller so soon.
  22. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Don't be surprised if Philly gets Mrazek with Neuvirth and Elliott injured
  23. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

2017 Seth Lugo: 19.5 K%, 5.7 BB%, 3.95 FIP, 4.18 xFIP 2017 Jason Vargas: 17.7 K%, 7.7 BB%, 4.67 FIP, 4.94 xFIP Vargas threw more innings and posted a better ERA, but the rate stats/underlying numbers show a strong case for Lugo over Vargas. The Mets DID need to add another starter for depth, I'll give them that, and Steamer projects Vargas for roughly 2 WAR if he can throw a full compliment of innings. I'm just disappointed they chose him when cheaper, superior alternatives were out there (Jaime Garcia) and the contract basically guarantee he's locked into the rotation for 2 years.
  24. GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

New NJDevs drinking game: every time Sterio plays Devils Advocate for the 3rd time in the thread, everyone drinks. You cant compare Hall’s season to any of the best seasons by a Devil. He’s doing it with absolutely zero help. I wonder if there’s ever been a point disparity between #1 and #2 on a team that’s this significant in the modern NHL?
  25. Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

I'm not one who makes a big deal over the 'C' but it's clear this guy needs to be given it by the start of next season. Along with being by far the best player on the team, players are certainly feeding off his energy and passion.
  26. Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

Beyond his quotes to local reporters, I was informed, third hand admittedly, that even before the season started that he made it clear to management that he wanted to be here long term and that he wanted to be here when the team started turning things around.
  27. Adam Larsson traded to EDM for Taylor Hall

His dad died, has had a couple of injuries, has like 6 points and his team has folded under immense expectations. Not good, I'd say
  1. Load more activity