All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

I've been thinking about the decision to start Kinkaid and I think/hope the idea was to not start Cory when the Devils have a schedule loss, the guy has already not been in net for a win in 2 months, and there's not much sense in starting a guy whose confidence may be down and asking him to win the game by himself. So yeah, I think Cory should start on Tuesday for sure.
  3. 2018 JETS

Looks like the Jets offered a lot to get JMcKinnon but J decided it wasn't right. Would have likely led to Powells's release, guess J wasn't all about the monies
  4. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Mets should sell thor and degrom packages at thrice the price, and give away the other games... send wright off with a Bobby Bonilla deal.... poor kid has been cursed
  5. Today
  6. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

This was a fvckin awesome response.
  7. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

not a game to stay up for... out skated and out hit..this time the bullies beat up the kids.. we did stay close and fought to the end...on to the next one
  8. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Guys, take the time to read this Twitter thread by Slava Malamud. Truly insane over in the KHL:
  9. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Meh, not much to say. Back to back "heavy" games against good teams will do this to you. You could tell they didn't have their legs and it was compounded by them not making good decisions with the puck. Starting Kinkaid was stupid as hell, though. Yeah, he's been on a roll, but I think he's been lucky almost as much as he's been good. There have been a few puck playing miscues that could've ended up in the net during this streak. Not to mention he's making saves that he doesn't even see. Not that any goals were his fault last night, but still an interesting decision. I think you have to start Schneider on Tuesday even if you do consider Kinkaid your "starter". 3 games in 4 nights is way too much, especially for a guy not used to carrying the load. Plus there's the whole thing that Schneider is the more talented goalie. I know the pk is great, but it's so obvious how much of that is due to the forwards. I haven't seen two dmen (Lovejoy and Greene) who have as much trouble clearing the damn puck. It's just been downright depressing to see Greene's decline; though it should be expected at 35. Shero has to find a way to get him on the third pair next year. Lovejoy has been decent all year, but the last few weeks have just proven that he isn't a top six guy anymore. He was great in the 7th dman role where he would play every few games. I doubt Mueller is *that* much better but at least he has wheels. Everyone knows how much I love Severson, but he and Moore have been garbage together recently. Might be time to go 6-45, 8-28, 2-12. If they come out flat on Tuesday, I'll be concerned, but it is crazy that they already achieved .500 on this trip. Hopefully Wood is ok, but it looked bad.
  10. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Zajac's a lock for third overall if he stays relatively healthy, probably by sometime last next season or early the following year...only needs 54 points to pass Muller. He has an outside shot to finish with 600 points by the time his contract is up, but I'd surprised if he pulled it off.
  11. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

27 more points and he is 4th all time franchise leader in points (Gomer is currently 4th). Once he passes Gomez he is 36 points away from passing 3rd all time held by Kirk Muller, 217 points to pass MacLean for 2nd all time. I think he will definitely pass Gomez and has a decent shot at Muller, but I don't think he will pass MacLean or Elias (basically Zajac would have to have another entire career to catch Elias). Amazing how long the guy has been here. He will likely end as the 3rd all time franchise leader in points by the time he retires or is no longer on the team.
  12. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Looks like Noah's ready to rock. If he and deGrom can come out flying, Mets have a chance to get off a nice start...say .550-.560ish ball for April (that's a pace for about 90 wins). I keep hearing how "great" Wheeler's looking in spring training this season, but the numbers sure don't support that...15 hits allowed in 8 IP. Ditto Matz and Harvey. You never want to make TOO much out of spring numbers, but until further notice, I don't know how anyone can regard the three of them as anything more than complete question marks.
  13. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

It doesn't feel like that much because he gets held pointless in a fair number of games...in that 21-game sample, he's been shut out 12 times. But considering that he had two points through his first 20 games, I'll happily take these suddenly very respectable offensive numbers for Zajac, no matter how he gets them. He has a shot to reach 500 points for his career by the end of next season...he needs 43 more points to do it. As far as scheduling goes, adding the Lightning game into things, if they Devils can come away with 8-10 points over the 8-game stretch that started with the Jets and ends with the Lightning, I'll take it. The good news is that the Devils get two days off after Tampa, and then get non-playoff teams in four of their next five. Not saying those games will be easy (easy games are few are far between for the Devils, though they do find ways to get some wins), but at least there's not much travel.
  14. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

I saw that on the schedule and that looks brutal. It comes off of a long cross-country flight out of SJ as well going across 3 time zones. If we win 1 out of those 2 games I will happily take it. Zajac seemed to be doing fairly well, but didn't know that well. That's some solid production from a guy who was producing at near zero for the first 20-ish games of his season.
  15. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

As far as the bolded goes, I have a feeling the Tampa game (at home, the night after facing Pitt on the road) could be similarly brutal. That one-game-in-six-days stretch allowed them to catch their breath a bit, but they still seem like they're prone to fatigue, especially when the schedule compresses. Really hope the first period against SJ isn't like the last few. 6 goals and 9 assists for Zajac in his last 21 GP. I'll happily take that from him.
  16. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Yeah, gotta give credit where it's due...that was a solid comeback.
  17. Devs on the radio

I use Google Fi for mobile. It's basically $10/gig for all data which is great because I hardly use mobile data and my bill is like 30-40$ a month. That being said, the NHL app radio stream does not use much data at all. I'm pretty frugal when it comes to streaming on 4G and I think listening to a period last night was somewhere around 5MB.
  18. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

In terms of the actual game last night, Devils looked gassed, especially in the first period and in the 3rd period. I really wanted 4 points out of 6 in California and I pegged this as the game most likely we were going to lose, so I am not going to be part of the sky is falling crowd after last night. KK played alright, but I wonder if maybe Cory should have started simply by being the more rested goalie. He did look a little slow to react on the first goal. I can imagine Cory getting the start the next game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hynes decides to give KK another shot to see if he still has the hot hand. Also yeah Greene is finished as a player. He shouldn't be on the team next year and Shero has to find a way for him not to be on the roster in October. He simply has nothing left in the tank. I also thought Severson had a bit of trouble last night too. He turned over the puck a bunch of times in his own zone and was making poor decisions. Again it could be due to fatigue like the rest of the team, but he was more glaring than others. I thought Grabner had a decent game. Same with Gibbons.
  19. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

It should mean a lot to the B's, a 1st round matchup against CBJ/FLA/NJ/PHI should be way more appetizing than a 1st round matchup than a Babcock coached Toronto team, hopefully that continues the Bruins to push down the stretch because we could really use a few wins from them over the Panthers
  20. Devs on the radio

Is going to streaming a good thing or bad thing? I can't decide that while being banished off of radio for many years was a terrible thing, at the same time less and less people are listening to terrestrial radio even in their cars. It is being taken over by satellite radio as well as streaming services such as spotify. Are the Devils actually ahead of the curve here?
  21. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Wait a minute here. If you are saying there is no such thing as a Low Danger shot, then why do you post statistics regarding high danger shots? How would you quantify what counts as a high danger shot when there is no existence of a low danger shot? Wouldn't all shots then be considered high danger thus rendering the stat useless?
  22. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

First place in the Atlantic is still in play for the Bruins...they're four back with two games in hand. Not sure if that means that much to them, but right now they still have something to play for. Will be nice if Montreal can give a sh!t just long enough to somehow beat the Panthers tonight...they're just 4-9-6 in their last 19 GP, but at least the game's at home...Montreal's been awful on the road all season (and especially putrid lately: 2-15-3 in their last 20 road games), but they've actually been pretty good at home as of late: 5-1-3 (with all of the wins being in regulation). Guess they still kind of get up for their home fans.
  23. Devs on the radio

I’m on WiFi at work and home, where I am most of the time. My data is unlimited but slows down after (I think) 3 gigs, but then I have 20 gigs of “banked” high speed data as well. I haven’t used one gig in a month in a very long time, so I never even think about data usage anymore.
  24. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I feel like San Jose is going to spend the extra conditional 1st round pick and sign Evander Kane to a long term deal and he'll be useless once he gets his money.
  25. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Well, he’s got comedic timing, you have to give him that one.
  26. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

The response process:
  27. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Everybody, but mostly for you.
  1. Load more activity