All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I hope Sens don't do this for their sake, but, for example, if the Devils do this and get a HOF D man for nothing just to take on a bad contract is music to every Devils fans ears. I don't think the Devils would do this, but I can see the Pens or Flyers doing this.
  3. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Trading Karlsson with Ryan's contract and getting basically pennies on the dollar for a future HOF defenseman in his prime (I know he's been banged up, but he's still in his 20's and should still be able to play at a high level for years to come) is the type of move you can look back on as the breaking point if the Senators end up in Quebec City in five years. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

I was wondering why you'd sell off your goalies in third place then I looked at your GP lol...you've made the most out of them at least judging by your splits though.
  5. All purpose general trade speculation thread

MAYBE Shero wouldn't trade for him unless he's signed for a few more years. * shivers *
  6. All purpose general trade speculation thread

If Ottawa wants a team that trades for Karlsson to also take on Ryan's albatross of a contract............................ It means Ottawa is getting basically nothing for their best player. I don't know of too many teams that can take on Ryan's contract and have to commit to Karlsson long term. Ottawa fans would go ballistic if they got basically nothing in return for one of the best players in the NHL.
  7. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I really doubt they'd move him before the deadline. If I was them I'd wait to see where they'll be picking at the draft. Would likely be best for us too IF we'd make any moves... then we'd know if Carlson is available still... cause we might be better off signing Carlson and keeping all our assets than having big K and losing depth
  8. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

fvck Columbus, fvck Torts, and fvck Dubinsky. Go Devils.
  9. Today
  10. Taylor Hall Questions

Bumping up to add this nice little article from Andrew Gross: https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2018/02/20/new-jersey-nj-devils-taylor-hall-john-hynes-nhl-edmonton-oilers-trade/355885002/ Snippets: Credit goes to Hall for the Hart Trophy-worthy way he’s played and for the way he prepared for this season, determined seven NHL seasons without a playoff appearance was enough. And credit goes to coach John Hynes for the relationship he’s forged with his star player. “Since coming here, John Hynes, he’s probably given me the most accountability than any coach I had in Edmonton,” Hall added on Tuesday. “That’s been really good for me personally. In Edmonton, I didn’t really want to talk to coaches. I didn’t want to go and have dialogue with coaches. I just wanted to play and a lot of guys are like that. I think, here, Hynsie, we talk about a lot of stuff. He listens to what I say. He’s been a good sounding board on a lot of things. I think he’s been a big reason why I’ve been able to have some success.” Hall said he was not a bad defensive player with the Oilers but has learned better positioning in the defensive zone and when it’s OK for him to cheat a bit for an offensive advantage and “all that comes down to having a good relationship with the coach.” “Since becoming a Devil, I think I’ve grown a lot as a player, both offensively and defensively,” Hall said. “I’m happy I’m elevating my game at this time of the year but there’s still a lot of games left and I want to make sure I finish strong. And snippets from Chris Ryan's similar article: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2018/02/why_taylor_hall_feels_held_more_accountable_with_d.html "You don't know when it's going to come again. You don't know if injuries are going to plague us next year and we're not going to be able to get back to this spot in a playoff race. So you want to take advantage of it, and I'm trying to do that. I'm trying to have fun, but at the same time, really value how important each shift in these games are." Further communication helped push Hall to another level on and off the ice to start the 2017-18 season, and Hynes continues to see the same motivated player that showed up for training camp. "He's a young guy and hopefully help him work on his leadership skills, what it means to be a culture driver, areas on the ice that he needs to get better," Hynes said. "He's a very smart, observant individual. When you have discussions with him, his input and his feedback make a lot of sense. It's concrete. It's not just off-the-cuff ideas. "So I think he's a really smart, personable kid. He cares a lot. He challenges you as a coach, but he's also always willing to listen and learn. If you give him some things he values too, he's willing to make changes as well."
  11. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

I'm thoroughly disappointed with how my forward group panned out this season. A lot of my guys underachieved it would seem - outside of my three pretty good keepers I ended up with a whole lot of meh outside of Ovechkin. Stayed mostly healthy too, damn shame. Bishop and Anderson are available, by the way. I'll take late picks for em, if anyone's interested. Could potentially move Hellebuyck too, but that'll cost a little more since he's keeper eligible.
  12. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I'd assume that Ottawa would want Severson. Bona fide top four right handed defensemen that might be getting better who's cost controlled. Unless they're really, really desperate to get rid of the Bobby Ryan contract. If it's a package deal Ryan and Karlsson, the return is going to be a bitter pill for Ottawa fans if there ever was one. Dorion must have gotten a lot of money to be the fall guy on this one.
  13. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Well, after a shaky 4 game stretch we've rebounded with 4 straight wins, which is huge. They're in the drivers seat, but absolutely cannot withstand another prolonged losing streak if we want to break our playoff-less streak. With 23 games left, the Devils really just need 12 wins or some combination of wins/loser points for 24 points (of a possible 46) to see Hall in the playoffs for the first time in his career. If the Devils finish with 98 points (13-8-2), they have a 100% chance at the playoffs and an 80% chance at avoiding a wild-card spot. If the Devils finish with 94 points (11-10-2), they have a 99% chance at making the playoffs but they'll only have a 26% chance at avoiding a wild-card spot If the Devils hit another losing streak or two and finish with 90 points (9-12-2), they've only got a 69% (nice) chance at making the playoffs. And, if Cory Schneider keeps missing playing time and the boys really hit a rut and finish with 88 points (8-13-2), they've only got a 33% chance at playoff hockey. It's right there for the taking, Devs. Please. I need it.
  14. All purpose general trade speculation thread

My point is I don't think Ottawa automatically wants Severson, which would be great since you can flip him for a LHD. Probably, or Santini. Which would be amazeballs.
  15. All purpose general trade speculation thread

*30 other fanbases breathe a sigh of relief*
  16. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Gudbranson is off the market FWIW (whether it's a good idea or not is a whole other matter...) : Mike Morreale‏ Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL The Canucks have signed defenseman Erik Gudbranson to a three-year contract extension.
  17. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Again piggybacking on MadDog's great quote - this one from Brian Boyle on Nico: Mike Morreale‏ Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL Brian Boyle on rookie Nico Hischier: "He's inspired a lot of guys in this room." -- Coming from a guy who 5 months ago was diagnosed with leukemia.
  18. Ray Shero Appreciation Thread

Bumping this thread to add a few things that I found elsewhere that made me appreciate Mr. Shero (& Hynes & this team so far this year...): 1. This bit about St Louis (from here: https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2018/2/19/17029252/seven-years-later-a-familiar-storm-brews): Jeremy Rutherford is now with The Athletic, and released a mailbag this week (subscription required) in which he expressed some unusually pointed criticisms of the team. “Every May,” he wrote, “I see a despondent group of players and every October-April I see the same group making the same mistakes and excuses.” Rutherford went on to mention that some players may be wary of Vladimir Tarasenko’s work ethic, and delivered this rebuke which was stronger than any I can remember reading from him in recent years: “Guys are just playing hockey, many of them not playing FOR EACH OTHER. And I haven’t even mentioned the guys who are just playing for the paycheck or the lifestyle, which in this case I’m not going to name names, but they know who they are.” That’s an alarming passage to read from a reporter who has been around the team nearly every day for more than a decade, and it seems to bring a problem of locker room culture into sharp relief. 2. This Canes article (snippet grabbed from here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article200878794.html) There’s no point in rebuilding around raw, young talent if that talent doesn’t get any better; Hanifin is still very early on the timeline for a defenseman’s development, but his lack of progress is increasingly disconcerting. The goal-scorer himself, Hall, also inadvertently highlighted a major problem with the Hurricanes. Ray Shero was tasked with rebuilding the Devils after they withered in the final years under Lou Lamoriello. Like Francis, Shero has slowly added young talent to a core of older players like Travis Zajac and Andy Greene; unlike Francis, he lucked out with the No. 1 pick last year to add Swiss center Nico Hischier. But Shero also took matters into his own hands: In his second offseason on the job, he made a massive player-for-player trade to land Hall for defenseman Adam Larsson. This fall, he brought in defenseman Sami Vatanen for forward Adam Henrique. Both Hall and Vatanen are elite talent in their 20s, upgrades over their predecessors. Francis, meanwhile, has yet to make a meaningful trade in four seasons as GM – nor make the playoffs. After beating the Hurricanes twice in four days, the Devils now look like they’ll make it in their third season under Shero – and with their No. 1 goalie being hurt for a good chunk of the second half to boot.
  19. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Re: your last sentence there- *KNOCKS ON WOOD*. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

I aim to please! [emoji14] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Extremely important game. Go Devils. Unleash that dark energy from within
  22. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Thirded. DM/msweet let us know the Venmo account!
  23. 2017-2018 Prospects Thread

It's Tuesday - you know what that means... Prospects Updates links! Franken/AATJ: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/2/20/17025948/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-2-20-18 Pulz/Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comments/7yxwyt/devils_prospects_update_220/
  24. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

But wholly necessary. No pain, no gain.
  25. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

LGD, get revenge for the last ugly one against these fvcks.
  26. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Count me in too
  27. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I doubt it - Lovejoy has another year on his deal. Also, the Devils really shouldn't be dealing any defensemen. They might have 8 guys they like, but that's all they have - past Santini in the minors, it's Jacobs on the right side and on the left it's Brian Strait. The Devils have been remarkably lucky when it comes to defenseman injuries this season.
  1. Load more activity