All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Six years ago today....

It’s the only one I felt like we exceeded expectations and didn’t really think THAT group should have made it. But we did. Many more times I felt the other way, we didn’t make it and we should have. Hopefully we’ll be back there soon.
  3. Six years ago today....

6 years, wow, time flys Kids .... and never ever take a SCF for granted
  4. Six years ago today....

I was out on the patio of my apartment building chain smoking because I couldn’t bear watching. My brother, who was at the game, texted me “SCF” and I just breathed a sigh of relief.
  5. Today
  6. Six years ago today....

I'll never get tired of that clip. Best game I've ever been to, I was in the lowers on the other end of the ice. Had no idea who scored.
  7. New York Mets 2018 season thread

Rosario with an absolute moonshot of a dinger. Thor the Thrower turning yet another mediocre performance. Again, what the hell does Eiland bring to the table?
  8. Yesterday
  9. 2018 Offseason Thread

Oh, based on what he did in the SEL I have no doubt about that. I’m really just marveling at how a string bean like that could do it.
  10. 2018 Offseason Thread

I’m sure he can.... he needs to gain a pound or 70 though lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Six years ago today....

Damn it now i miss the old goal song again.
  12. Six years ago today....

Was "Hey, you suck" ever more appropriate? I have that same picture hanging on my office wall.
  13. Six years ago today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Six years ago today....

....this happened. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. 2018 Offseason Thread

I’m not saying don’t give interviews. He’s been doing that a lot for the past week. But it’s very strange to give an interview on St. Louis sports talk radio to a guy who isn’t really a household name among even dedicated hockey fans and who has been pushing for your best player to sign with the team he primarily covers. Again, we would have been going apesh!t if Lou were giving interviews in the markets where Parise was being rumored to have interest in during in May or June of 2012.
  16. 2018 Offseason Thread

Agree 100%. He had no choice.
  17. 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Go ahead and find one major professional league of a non obscure sport anywhere in the world with more parity than the NHL. I'll wait.
  18. 2018 Offseason Thread

I don't know that weird is the right word. Uncomfortable (for the GM), maybe. I know I wouldn't necessarily want to take a job as a GM and my first act of duty before my ass is even in the seat is the try to find a way to keep the most important player in last 40 years of the franchise to keep from jumping ship. But in terms of it being weird? I think it makes total sense. The guy is a respected hockey figure and has been for a long, long time. He just took a high ranking job, in a pretty high profile place. Why wouldn't he get interviewed? And of course when he does get interviewed, you think they're just not going to mention the elephant in the room?
  19. 2018 Offseason Thread

He's skinny, but boy can he play.
  20. 2018 Offseason Thread

Now this is just weird. Lou is apparently on Strickland’s radio show, where just yesterday Strickland was talking at length about Tavares’s free agent options, including St. Louis. This would basically be like Lou being interviewed by a Wild or Pittsburgh beat reporter before Parise’s impending free agency. I don’t know if it’s a sign that Lou is starting to lose his marbles, or if there’s some kind of eleven dinensional chess game at work here.
  21. 2018 Offseason Thread

He's actually left handed and his tiny wrist snapped while trying to sign the contract, that's why he's in a cast.
  22. Andrew Gross leaving beat?

Well they should either stick her back on the Mets beat or just have her cover something else. I have no interest in having the team covered indifferently by someone who’s more interested in what socks deGrom wore during his last start. Until then, I’ll stick with Ryan and Stein. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

So both SCF finalist, Vegas and Washington, this year are Meigray teams. This marks the first time since 2012 that both SCF teams game worn program is handled by Meigray (LA has since left Meigray and started marketing the jerseys themselves for the past couple of years). Looks like due to this being the first Ovechkin-led Caps finals (and only 2nd in franchise history) versus the first time for anything Cinderella-esque Vegas finals, the prices for the pre-orders for the game worn jerseys are sky high. Caps range from $1750 all the way up to $35,000 (Chiasson on one end for example and Ovi is $35K). Vegas starts at $3750 and go all the way up to $35,000 as well (Merrill is one of the $3750 guys and MAF is $35K) Craziness.
  24. Andrew Gross leaving beat?

Based by how she is doing it seems like the Record took her away from the Mets kicking and screaming and towards the Devils.
  25. 2018 Offseason Thread

Holy sh!t... have a burger, kid. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. 2018 Offseason Thread

That's basically what I looked like at age 18 before I snapped my leg into a bunch of pieces. Even having all the skill in the world, I couldn't imagine myself being ready to play against guys like Scott Stevens or Eric Lindros.
  27. 2018 Offseason Thread

This is fair. And I don't have a problem with analytics people looking at data and coming to the conclusion that character means very little if anything to all to how often your team is going to win games in the long run, which is ultimately what a GM's job is. But it's also fair to say that if Poile does trade Subban (other than for someone like Erik Karlsson), you have to come to the conclusion that there is a lot to what has been said about how he gets along with his teammates. Or, if Shero did the unthinkable and traded Hall for something other than an offer that no one could refuse, you would have to conclude that Hall is the type of guy that parties all night and has a drug problem, or something like that. On the other hand, it's quite fair to say that neither of those things really ought to matter if they perform well on the ice and they make their teammates better on the ice. And, you're right, it would be idiotic to say that can't be right because it was Poile or Shero who made the decision to make those trades and leave your argument at that.
  28. 2018 Offseason Thread

He's even smaller than Nico.
  1. Load more activity