All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Olympic Hockey

Are you fvcking kidding me. I'm so fvcking tired of coming up empty in every senior competition. fvck this.
  3. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

I have absolutely no idea about that. I believe bad goaltending can theoretically make teams play worse - they start overcommitting to shot blocks trying to prevent everything - but I also don't think the Devils' goaltending has been THAT awful. All that is guessing. What about the pressure a new goalie feels on a new team? You can just tie yourself in circles with questions like this.
  4. @DevsMan84, what, too busy to put me in my place, or did you realize you're far too uninformed to discuss politics and social issues and decide to leave this to people who bother to open a book once in a while?
  5. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Well now that we have the stats portion covered. Would you mind now explaining how a goalie change could potentially change the results for the team going forward through psychology? Cause we obviously wouldn't want to simply look at numbers to make assumptions don't we.
  6. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Well he has to be pissed at himself for putting him in
  7. Today
  8. All purpose general trade speculation thread

are you getting sentimental and want to hold on to Kinkaid now?
  9. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Damn, that says a lot. Hynes looked pissed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFkjpXFm2bg 1:25
  10. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

There's no need to show the team is all in, because it's not all in. There's just no sense in spending assets for something that may not even help the team - the way goaltending is, you just don't have many guarantees that what you're getting is better. Having 3 goalies sucks; the 3rd goalie can't get ice time. I assume you're just waiving Kinkaid when Schneider comes back, but someone might claim him on waivers - I know this place would celebrate, but that wouldn't be a great outcome either. The Devils can't guarantee they will get into the playoffs no matter what they do. It's a tight race and the team has obvious, unfixable flaws outside the net. If Taylor Hall gets hurt for a long period it will be a big struggle. And yeah, there's no guarantees that they make it next year, either. But the ultimate goal isn't to make the playoffs, it's to win the Stanley Cup. Acquiring a goalie probably puts the Devils farther away from that, however incrementally. Note that this calculus changes if Schneider has a setback between now and next Tuesday - they maybe should consider it at that point. But there just aren't a lot of reasonable options out there. Mrazek was probably it and I don't think he was much of an option.
  11. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Ahh I screwed up a couple things on the calendar. Counted the games at the turn of the month twice, and counted from the day he missed the first game after being sick. Stupidity on my party. Look, you’ve got me beat on the statistical argument, I’ll give you that. But what I won’t concede is the effect coming from a move to show the team your all in. Goaltending has been putrid. I fundamentally disagree with the “the Devils COULD still sneak into the playoffs IF they get the offense. Too many “ifs”. “If” Schneider is healthy down the stretch. I respect the reasoning and logic you always bring to the table, but I have trouble rolling the dice and gambling with something that hasn’t been working for a few weeks. You can’t let the season die in the vine without taking some kind of action. There’s no guarantee the Devils are going to repeat the success again next year.
  12. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

They had 10 remaining metro games at the start of tonight. They weren't going to win them all. They have gone 7-5 since the ASG with no goaltending. If tonight's the end of the season then I'll go fvck myself but certainly doesn't seem like it.
  13. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

“How long until Kinkaid blocks Hynes on Twitter?”
  14. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

He’s skating, so the best answer is probably soon.
  15. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Agreed. Needed that one BAD. When is Schneider back? Jesus christ. Did he lose a limb?
  16. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

I rarely hesitate to correct someone when they are wrong, and yes, you are wrong. Schneider got hurt in Game 47 of the season, so Game 48 was the first one he missed completely due to injury. Tonight was Game 60, so that's 13 games, not 21 games. Now let's ask some basic questions here, making some assumptions with numbers. Petr Mrazek's career SV% is .912, Kinkaid's is .908. The difference between the two, over 13 games assuming 30 shots against a game, is that Mrazek gives up 34 goals and Kinkaid gives up 36. That's rounded up, and 2 goals is worth about 1 standings point difference. Obviously you are screaming at me now that Kinkaid's gotten worse and his true talent isn't .908. Well we don't know that, but even if his true talent is the .895 he's putting up now, the difference between Mrazek's theoretical competence and Kinkaid is still 7 goals, or a little over one win in the standings. Bad goaltending can definitely sewer a team, but if the Devils get .895 goaltending the rest of the way they should still be able to sneak into the playoffs if they get offense. And there's just no guarantees that Mrazek would be good, and certainly trading him to Philadelphia makes more sense for Detroit. And I think if Schneider is healthy down the stretch he can put up the .912 that we would expect out of Mrazek.
  17. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

that was one of many
  18. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

i hope it's cause sunglasses are cool
  19. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

That shot by a wide open Brian Boyle was HORRIBLE. He put it directly on the logo. Ugly
  20. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Better team lost. At some point, we will pull one of those out. Sucks.
  21. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

At least they get Wood back Thursday.
  22. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Sure
  23. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Not the day he can be proud of for sure. Should've stopped that shot. But you're right - Bob shut the door.
  24. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

I expect an NHL GM to have a little more foresight than a group of people on a message board and recognize a move needs to be made sooner. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Schneider has been out 21 games now. A quarter of the season. How big of a sample do you need? It shows 3 scenarios: a) Shero and co. underestimate how long Schneider will be out. Shero and co. have the belief goaltending has not been a massive issue and we are getting decent performances c) Shero and co. are punting the year, completely unwilling to sacrifice anything for the future as we are a year ahead of schedule and it’s not worth gunning for. For their sake I really hope it’s A. But even that screams unprepared.
  25. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Didn't you just get on a guy for being a pessimist? Kinkaid's game tonight wasn't awful and he played pretty well last week.
  26. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

I don't understand why tonight is the breaking point with Kinkaid for hynes. He's had much worse games
  27. GDT: Columbus @ Devils 7:00 PM

Spectacular. As if watching Kinkaid isn’t insulting enough, we’ll have to watch him ruin Elias night with a 6 spot against the best offense in the NHL.
  1. Load more activity