All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

This pretty much sums it up
  3. You'll never win with Schneider

They never told us anything about Boyle's son's cancer scare until Boyle addressed it himself, but he also didn't take time off.
  4. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

No control over our fate would imply that we go 9-0 and still not make it unless the other teams lose. We still have control over our own destiny.
  5. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

We would have to go like 7-2 most likely. I don't see that happening so we still have to rely on PHI or FLA to start sputtering. Ergo, we have nearly zero control over our fate.
  6. You'll never win with Schneider

I don't think this is family related. This looks like a pure confidence issue. One of the reasons Marty was successful so long was because he never had a shortage of belief in himself, to the point of arrogance at times. I think Cory had a little rough patch, then got injured, and had to think on those tough games for weeks. He came back to more of the same. I think he'll be fine eventually.
  7. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

We could win out, I’d say that would get it done.
  8. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

That's the sad part. We put ourselves in this position and now we're left to depend on the failure of other teams. We have nearly zero control over this situation.
  9. You'll never win with Schneider

I think we'd know if that were the case. The organization would have given Cory time off and an explaination to kind of "calm" the fanbase. Kind of a "See? This is why he's struggling". I don't think they would continue to try and work him.
  10. You'll never win with Schneider

Or she's sick, which god forbid, especially with Karlsson and Staal's losses
  11. Today
  12. You'll never win with Schneider

His daughter was born in October and he did just fine the first few months. Maybe he needs to pop out another kid.
  13. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

"Confidence is contagious, so is a lack of confidence." - Vince Lombardi Kinkaid, with all of his faults, is confident when he takes the crease and the team reacts accordingly. Schneider, on the other hand, looked like a scared dog, beaten into the submission for the few minutes I watched of him. The team, in turned, put out a scared performance outside of Hall
  14. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

This. Stop complaining about other teams winning. We put ourselves in this situation. It’s time to start digging out in NJ, literally and figuratively.
  15. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

It ain't over til it's over! LGD!
  16. GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

We have all seen him completely steal games for NJ before and play at that high level with relative consistency. I have no doubt he has the skill. I'm not defending his play, merely that he isn't playing to the level we know he can.
  17. You'll never win with Schneider

I remember years ago in grammar school we'd hit the playground at recess and play "smear the queer". And there was always that one kid who was scared and lacked confidence and never wanted to touch the ball.... I see Cory with that same look in his eyes every time he's in net now.
  18. You'll never win with Schneider

I really think a meeting between him and Shero like he did woth Hall could do wonders and light a fire under him.
  19. You'll never win with Schneider

Didn't Cory and his wife just have a kid? Wonder if the stress associated with a newborn is affecting his game.
  20. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Me too. Like Bonginator said, I'm usually an optimist as well, and I'm definitely starting to have doubts, but I'm not giving up hope until it's over. I mean, we knew this road trip was going to be tough, and we won three of them against some of the very best teams in the league. It's not a huge surprise that we lost to Anaheim and San Jose on the tail end of this trip. If we can win on Friday in regulation, Pittsburgh will only be 3 points ahead of us, putting them potentially in the mix of this giant Metro cluster. We're 3-2 on this 6 game hellacious road trip, and I think everyone would have signed up for that a few weeks ago leading up to it. So let's not throw in the towel just yet. Three games ago we scored 8 goals on a really good team. I think the frustrating thing is that you'd like to see more consistency out of this team. The potential is there, they're just not reaching it every night, and part of it is because a lot of the guys are still pretty young (Bratt, Nico, Coleman, etc) or too old (Greene, Boyle, Stafford, etc). We have to take it one game at a time. We know we can't count on lady luck, and we really never could, so let's just win on Friday.
  21. NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

It's my favorite time of year; just like actual hockey... It will be really interesting to see how this plays out at the top. I'm still kinda in no-mans land at #4; with the top 3 grouped together so tightly - but I'm not out of reach by any means.
  22. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Im going down with the ship... AT LEAST FOR 3 MORE GAMES... its STILL ALIVE
  23. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Come on man, you know the difference between 99% and 100% probability,. Improbable and impossible aren't the same thing. As for the models - people should take the time and look at what goes into the models, it has a huge impact on the output.
  24. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

I imagine Hall feels even more disappointed considering he was this close to the playoffs. It also doesn't help that he seems to be the only one that shows up night in and night out. If we don't make the postseason next year, I doubt we resign him.
  25. You'll never win with Schneider

Yeah... Ride the hot hand. If we clinch or get mathematically eliminated, then try to fix Corys brain. I don't think he's done, I think he'll definitely get it back eventually, but now isn't the time to try to find out
  26. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Total Murphy's Law the past 4 to 6 weeks. Devils offense falls off, FLA and CBJ start running like well oiled machines
  27. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

Because ‘historically impossible’ stuff keeps happening like the Devils shootout streak or unsustainably bad shooting percentage a few years ago so it’s getting pretty easy to scoff at it. And you may not think the models here posted are accurate, good for you but most of the stuff that was posted here was 90% and up, even as recently as a couple weeks back.
  1. Load more activity