All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. All purpose general trade speculation thread

She's 100% a Devils fan. I remember hearing her on the Puck Soup podcast and she let out pretty early in the episode that she's been a lifelong fan of the team.
  3. All purpose general trade speculation thread

That would be quite the blockbuster lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I would be so happy if Tavares left the Islanders. I would be so pissed if Tarasenko joined them.
  5. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Now, onto the game: 1) Gotta give Kinkaid credit. I think NJ played a very solid defensive game, but he made some big stops when he had to. Nice to see a Devils goalie outplay the opposing one. 2) Palmieri made two spectacular plays to score. Goal one was just a slick move to the middle on a 1 on 3 and then a sick shot. Goal 2 was all effort and hand-eye coordination. Nice to see KP stepping up in an up and down season. 3) I thought Hall was pretty quiet all game but somehow managed a multi-point game. I guess that's what elite players do. 4) Speaking of Hall, I touched on it before, but the fans were absolutely into it. On both goal announcements, "MVP" chants erupted when Hall was given assists. He has to absolutely be feeling the love in NJ. Also loved how relentless the crowd was towards the refs. In a game where NYI got away with at least 4 or 5 blatant infractions, they somehow ended up with more powerplays. Someone please explain how that happened? 5) I think Grabner and his line looked out of sync, which is to be expected. Let's hope he and Zacha find it sooner than later. 6) I think Bratt has to sit for a game or two. It's clear he's just out of gas. Hopefully they give him some extra rest for the stretch run
  6. All purpose general trade speculation thread

he's a funny dude and has actually hit on some of the bigger ones over the last few years.
  7. All purpose general trade speculation thread

So since its rumor season and he did hit on the worst-kept secrets with Nash and Brassard:
  8. Help with a paperweight!

I have no idea. Looks like a cool memento but I don't really see it selling for more than a few bucks. Honestly, I'd just throw it on eBay for like $20 or something, lol. For all I know it's worth like $500 or something though. I dunno. Try to see if you can find anything similar and then just set a price I suppose. Good luck
  9. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

That's not how the red and black rolls. The only guy who had a chance at a belated jersey retirement IMO was John MacLean, and only if he had an insane amount of success as the Devils' head coach. If the Devils were the Rangers, ten years or so from now they'd have a #15 retirement weekend with Mac getting a ceremony on Saturday, and Langenbrunner getting his own celebration on Sunday. Thank god the Devils will NEVER be the Rangers.
  10. PLAYOFFS: The "Don't Jinx It" Thread

well with regards to my "still need to see what happens" comment I meant that specifically for Florida. I am basically convinced the Devils won't miss the playoffs at this point unless something catastrophic happens injury wise. They have survived this long without Schneider and Mojo (as well as Gibbons) and they survived early on in the season without Palmieri for long stretches. I'd be shocked if they played poorly enough on their own (without more injuries) to miss the playoffs, especially with the new addition of Grabner and whatever else Shero may do in the next less-than-24-hours.
  11. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a child...it's a parent's greatest fear. I feel for him.
  12. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Agree 100%. I was pissed at the time too because I preferred Clark over Thomas. We got the sh!t end of the deal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Just heart breaking news.....I just can't imagine .
  14. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

I really wish the Devils could've wound up with Wendel Clark instead...yeah, he was as injury-prone as it got, but Steve Thomas just never felt right. I think Clark could've been a much better fit, especially following Lemieux.
  15. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I agree with this. I don't see Quenneville having a future here. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, I just wish Lou could've done better than Steve Thomas. Anyway you look at it, that was a bad trade- I find it hard to believe that was the best Lou could do for Pep at that time. And there's no doubt he was missed during that '96-'99 time period. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I'm guessing Q won't be here for too much longer...if he survives the 2019 trade deadline, I'll be surprised. Think he'll be a throw-in in some trade (like Blandisi was).
  18. All purpose general trade speculation thread

hadn't heard that. Interesting. Kind of good news bad news, good news he has the potential to be better, bad news is why the fvck are you not in shape trying to make the NHL.
  19. All purpose general trade speculation thread

No but all day long.
  20. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

That is horrible.... I can't even imagine. Prayers to him and his family. [emoji26] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I doubt it... Hynes said recently he's 'out of shape'. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I think the Devils would trade him for a second but that nobody is about to offer that.
  23. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

Very true, McKay broke his hand in the ECF if I remember correctly, and it was a huge loss in the Finals. Forsberg was a huge difference maker too, so obviously we caught a break there that we couldn't take advantage of, sadly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

It's very easy to forget that when Stevens got here, players wanted to walk out - the idea that this high-paid guy was now on the nickel-and-dime Devils was hard for some guys to take. The notion that Lou would re-negotiate a contract 4 years after that happened is beyond the pale. He was right to ship him out and he was right to let him go in 2000 when he would've come to training camp as a 4th line forward. Can't keep everyone.
  25. All purpose general trade speculation thread

Anyone think Quenneville could bring back a second rounder? Would we want that?
  26. All purpose general trade speculation thread

I would "tappen" that, no question.
  1. Load more activity