All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh well, still have a shot at a .500 trip, which was all I was asking going in. The Met pitchers have to stop with the deep counts and walks. That’s starting to bite them.
  3. WHAT?! I was as big of a fan as Palms as anyone, but in his walk year he was extremely meh, and that carried over to his first two full seasons as an Islander (you can look up the numbers). He had a nice year for them this season (though he has the worst +/- on his team by a LOT), but I completely understood why Fitz chose to move him instead of re-signing him. The Isles have not gotten a great return on that investment.
  4. Today
  5. Man, that team.... almost like not having a cap compliant team in the playoffs gives you a big advantage. I hope the league fixes that loophole soon.
  6. My Stars Cup pick isn't looking good right now. 4 goals on 11 shots.... Wtf Otteinger
  7. He's ridiculously overpaid, old and slow. Not a fit for our team anymore
  8. Roy is going to have a total melt down very soon.......3 minutes of ugly right there.
  9. Oh good his spleen is healed
  10. Unbelievable, isles had 1 shot in the final 30 minutes. That’s incredible
  11. Palmeri is awesome. Never should have moved him😔
  12. Wow islanders just collapsed
  13. What a body blow. Damn, Isles.
  14. Stone scores early. People are gonna lose their minds lol
  15. I remember when Jim Joyce blew the call that cost Armando Galarraga a perfect game. The very next day, he met Galarraga at homeplate and, while fighting back tears, shook his hand and apologized. Today, Joyce is remembered as a good umpire in part because of the way he handled that situation. It’s too bad Hunter Wendelstedt doesn’t have even a fraction of Joyce’s humility or self-awareness. This is going to bite him in the ass bigtime.
  16. Boston is not on their game tonight.
  17. I’ve never understood people who think admitting that you made a mistake and being willing to apologize for it is somehow a sign of weakness. Not to mention that these people ALWAYS make things worse and harder on themselves than they need to be. Hunter would’ve gotten some props for simply saying he was sorry, and that would’ve been the end of it.
  18. This whole thing would go away if Hunter said three sentences: “I made a mistake. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Instead, he’s being an obtuse jackass because the unofficial umpire code of egotism demands he double down on his position. I’m genuinely curious as to whether he’ll be allowed to work the remainder of the Yankees-A’s series. MLB has historically protected umpires, but in this instance, the video evidence is damning. They have to do something.
  19. Yeah Fitz was highly thought of and it was only a matter of time before someone was giving him a shot.
  20. If nothing else, at least damned near EVERYONE in the media is calling Hunter out for being a complete a$$hole who simply can’t admit when he’s wrong.
  21. This is especially true with GMs. My current issues with Fitz aside, I’m glad we gave someone ready for their first shot a chance at GM. So much better than recycling the Brian Burkes of the world.
  22. The Isles might actually be harder for them than Carolina, Carolina just seems to be missing that 'it' factor in the playoffs, except of course when they come up against us.
  23. And probably at the expense of someone who was a better fit. It will never cease to amaze me how many people equate experience with competence or ability, especially in the case of someone like Lindy, who’s proven time and again that he’s not a very good coach.
  24. I’d buy Lindy that beer if that happened 🤣
  25. I don’t think the Islanders would be easy for the Rags. I think they’d win, but it would be an emotionally and physically draining series.
  26. I swear to God if Carolina blows this and gives the Rags an easy round 2...
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.