All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Devs on the radio

Do you have an auxiliary input on your car radio or Bluetooth car radio? I use an auxiliary cord and plug it into my phone and use the radio.com app. It works well.
  3. Devs on the radio

So if I'm driving...........if they aren't on WFAN, we're beat?
  4. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Boston is dealing with lots of important injuries tho and they'll play Toronto in the playoffs no matter what so not sure if they'll be giving their 100% during that whole stretch
  5. Today
  6. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Well non pitching hand is good. Still sounds like something that will put him out 6 weeks minimum
  7. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

If you're not sure about that, you probably don’t read a whole lot of my posts.
  8. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

I'm not sure if you are joking or seriously taking a shot at the board. But yeah...I think most, if not almost all the posters on this board are pretty sane, fairly normal. And it's A LOT better in terms of that than it was 8 or 9 years ago, when there were a handful of posters that were just pure trolls (some of whom have since been banned). But alas, the board had more overall participation back then too so more trolls will come with that territory.
  9. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

A kook or two? On this message board?? Noooooo...
  10. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Still a little early for me to worry about specific tiebreaker scenarios. But right now 11 points in their remaining 11 games would give the Devils 93 points on the season. The Panthers need 17 to render any tiebreakers scenarios with the Devils moot. Anyway how can Florida go 6-5-3 when they only have 13 games left to play? Guess you meant 6-4-3?
  11. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

the team is faster than the league and everyone is playing catch up across the board including refs and players its also an opportunity to go for the cup this year heavy claims but one thing needs to happen is hands need to catch up with feet edit:need to skate around physical teams and not through
  12. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

You might find a kook or two, but among the many regular posters on this board, I remember most of it coming in the heat of games. And those calls were pretty infuriating. As a token of proof, I really haven't seen it at all on here since that horrible streak of calls a few months back.
  13. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

I don't think that's accurate. If Devs go 5-5-1 and Fla goes 7-4-2 both will have exact same points (93) W, L, and OTL and if the ROW is same -Florida won the season series 2-1 (tie breaker?) In that case Fla would have to go 6-5-3 or 7-5-1 to miss playoffs.
  14. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

Unless they did that just to throw us off the scent of the conspiracy... I’m not going to go back and check, but it was said a ton of times, it’s possible it was the same people repeating it constantly, in anger, in many different moments. But there are definitely people here who think that the league makes decisions based on biases for or against certain teams or players.
  15. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

After 4 goals the game prior, Kane had no points in SJ's win last night, but he did have 8 shots and 5 hits. Something is clicking.
  16. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

I don't think it was many, and of the ones who did, I think it was anger in the moment less than it was serious. But we can agree to disagree.
  17. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

Oh for sure, some guys have 2-3 similar years and then go crazy haha but I think Nico is gonna get better with each season. He’s just the complete package as a player and he seems to learn and adapt quickly to this level. What I was saying to show is that sometimes a season does one hell of a difference. I’ve noticed a lot of players that exploded in their second season. But if Nico only gets like 5-10 more points next season or if he has as you said a “sophomore slump” I won’t be alarmed it’s part of the development. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to get that amount of points.
  18. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

The problem sometimes is fans (especially ones who think the worst) think a hot team is just going to remain that way. It's one thing to be scalding hot for 19 games to get into the outskirts of a playoff berth (like Florida did in going 15-3-1). The problem is trying to keep that up for a LOT of games...and another problem is that the Panthers never actually nudged their way into a WC berth...they've never been anything more than on the outside looking in. And of course Florida's schedule was extremely beneficial in that they got to play 12 games with damned near no travel. Not saying that they're dead, just that it's so friggin' hard to force your way up the standings when you're in constant need of help. That's where the Panthers are. Days keep ticking off the calendar and they keep on not getting any closer than they've been for a while now. On 3/2 the Panthers were six points behind the Devils with three games in hand. Now they're five back with two in hand. So they've basically picked up one point on the Devils since then and lost one of their games in hand. Two weeks have ticked off the schedule. And as we keep seeing, parity = not many truly dreadful teams. Sure, there's some bad ones (Montreal and the Isles have been especially awful lately...the Canadiens have four wins in their past 19 GP), but there just aren't many gimmes these days. A seemingly sh!t team can take you down, especially if you go in thinking it's an easy two points.
  19. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

This is a stat I like.
  20. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

It's always been pretty simple...sure, at times it seemed like an absurdly and infuriatingly disproportionate amount of calls were either going against the Devils (or obvious calls weren't being made), but the fact that the Devils were awarded the first pick overall (despite not being an obvious candidate) in the 2017 draft kind of blows the conspiracy theory out of the water.
  21. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

I think especially so if he stays on a line with Hall. The idea of separating them at this point is ridiculous.
  22. GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

No I’m taking a shot at many of our posters who claimed a conspiracy game after game after game. And many of them were serious.
  23. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

The Panthers have also lost to two non-playoff teams recently. I’m not as focused on their opponents as much as the number of games they have to play during the next couple weeks. They don’t have two nights off in a row the rest of the way. They either play every other night, or back-to-back. Hopefully they’ll run out of gas.
  24. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Guess Wheeler and Matz get a stay of execution in the #5 'showdown'
  25. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

FWIW, if the Devils go 5-5-1 the rest of the way, the Panthers would have to go 8-4-1 to finish ahead of them.
  26. Devs on the radio

If you get the NHL app the audio streams are free
  27. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

i'm hoping that FLA loses to CBJ on Thursday, plus they have 3 games against BOS, a NSH, and a TOR, so I don't see FLA having an easy schedule. if they get in the playoffs then they will have earned it over the last quarter of the season.
  1. Load more activity