All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Anhkheg

2019 Offseason Thread

After doing some research, these are the teams we can potentially end up dealing with VGK/21/85.0M - 80M after clarkson is put on IR, they still need 2 more Dmen and Gusev. Make room for 5 million NYR/22/82.4M - Buchnevich is arbitration eligible. Lemieux/DeAngelo are not waiver exempt. Make room for 7-8 million. TOR/23/77.7M - Even Horton on IR wont give them much cap relief, they need to shed around 8 million to sign marner VAN/24/76.4M - They have Boeser who is in line for a hefty raise, they may wing it TBL/21/75.9M - This is interesting as they have Point to sign and 2 more forwards, they need 8 million or so in cap space BOS/22/73.4M - McAvoy, but they probably need to make room for another 2-3 million cap space CGY/21/71.5M - they have a bunch of RFAs they need to sign, Tkachuk being the best, maybe 2-3 million cap space Now, I do understand that most of you think that these teams will figure out a way to bail themselves out, my take, that wont happen. If you take the total amount that needs to be moved, approximately 40 million, there just aren't enough teams to spread that kind of money around as the teams that are at the bottom still have their own signings to do, whether this year or the next. Whats happened here is that the sum total of all salaries seems to have tallied up near to or exceeded the sum total of the entire cap of all 31 teams combined. Basically, there will two types of trades, some involving multiple players going both ways and others where some major piece and picks/prospect is moved for a bag of pucks. The teams in the middle have some more signings and will most like be near the cap by the time their rosters are complete and may not be able to provide much cap relief. After all the signings and trades, if the only two teams left on Sep 30th are Devils and Leafs, the Devils will be in a position to practically demand anything as leafs would've run out of options. Shero, Sakic and Dorion are probably preparing for this moment, not so much as Sakic, I'd think. Shero might very well upgrade the D as well.
  3. Pavel Zacha : 10 Taylor Hall : 11 Nico Hischier : 14 Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 8  Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 11 (+1) Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 12 Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 5 (-1) Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 13 Jesper Boqvist : 11 Kevin Rooney : 9 John Hayden : 6 Andy Greene : 6
  4. I’d give them Vatanen all day long. He’s older and on an expiring contract. Winnipeg would never agree to it, it would be pretty stupid on their part. It would leave us with another hole on Defense, though. But I’d be ok with trying to find a replacement for Vatanen, who you’re probably trading at the deadline (unless you’re”in it”) anyway. EDIT: Maybe it makes more sense for the Jets than I thought. It’s a “win now” move, fills the hole left by Trouba, and gives them a little more money for Laine.
  5. No. While I really like Ehlers and think WPG fans need to cut him slack, he isn't needed imo. The way this time is shaping up, we have more ?'s on D then offense. Trading our current 2 best isn't making us much better imo.
  6. our D is what we need to upgrade as much as possible so i wouldn't trade Severson unless we get something crazy. Vatanen well if Shero knows he's not interested in coming back i'd look into moving him possibly tho
  7. njbuff

2019 Offseason Thread

Would you do Vatanen or Severson for Ehlers? Is it possible?
  8. I'll be pretty upset if we eliminate our captain before whoever the fvck John Hayden is. Pavel Zacha : 10 Taylor Hall : 11 Nico Hischier : 14 Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 8  Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 10 Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 12 Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 6  Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 13 Jesper Boqvist : 11 Kevin Rooney : 9 John Hayden : 6 (-1) Andy Greene : 6 (+1)
  9. Pavel Zacha : 10 Taylor Hall : 11 Nico Hischier : 14 Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 8  Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 10 Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 12 (+1) Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 6  Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 13 Jesper Boqvist : 11 Kevin Rooney : 9 John Hayden : 7 (-1) Andy Greene : 5
  10. Pavel Zacha : 10 Taylor Hall : 11 Nico Hischier : 14 Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 8 Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 10 Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 11 Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 6 Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 13 Jesper Boqvist : 11 (+1) Kevin Rooney : 9 (-1) John Hayden : 8 Andy Greene : 5 
  11. Yea 11 million was strange. I mean even his improvement last year I don't think his velocity really started to come back. It was mostly a smoke and mirrors type thing. I'm not sure what the Angels were thinking here or if there were teams involved that we don't know about
  12. Pavel Zacha : 10 Taylor Hall : 11 Nico Hischier : 14 (+1) Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 8 (-1) Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 10 Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 11 Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 6 Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 13 Jesper Boqvist : 10 Kevin Rooney : 10 John Hayden : 8 Andy Greene : 5
  13. You got it. Can’t resist a good Disney reference.
  14. fvcking hell I can't wait til this off-season is over
  15. Pavel Zacha : 10 (-1) Taylor Hall : 11 Nico Hischier : 13 Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 9 Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 10 Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 11 Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 6 Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 13 (+1) Jesper Boqvist : 10 Kevin Rooney : 10 John Hayden : 8 Andy Greene : 5
  16. You’re boring. And your analogy was stupid, like most of yours are, and offensive. The honest truth is, you can’t handle someone disagreeing with you, especially me. I may be old, but you’re a bubble wrapped millennial.
  17. Fair take on Harvey ‘7’. Yeah, the guy made himself very hard to root for (and did often act like a jerk), but he didn’t quit. Of course, one STILL wonders who the hell the Angels were bidding against when they signed him for $11 million. I could understand a one-year flyer on him for maybe $5-6 million...he showed just enough with the Reds that I could see a team willing to make that kind of an offer. But $11 million was something BVW would have done. I just can’t imagine there was anything resembling a bidding war for that version of Harvey.
  18. i always thought Greener would be traded back home to Detroit
  19. Dude your whole "you argument is stupid" comments every time you're stuck in a corner not able to actually bring arguments to a debate is getting really really old. I know that you're actually old and trying hard to stay young with juvenile humour on a message board. But get some better material after awhile. The facts are. I said Kucherov's hit was the same as most Stevens hit, so if you defend one, you gotta accept the others. Then you said one was legal and one was illegal, which is false. It's the same hit and both are still legal to this day. Always getting the opponent hard in the chest or shoulder and the head is not the main point of contact. Then i said i don't really care even if the rules have changed, if it's still the same action i'll judge the intent the same way. Then made that analogy explaining that an action is the same to me no matter the context, era and current rules/law... that you made sure to spin in a way to miss the point i was making instead of actually addressing the point, again. I re-explained the point, you typically ignored it and again just said it was stupid. Super typical. Oh and the best part... when i said it was actually legal and that he didn't get suspended, you said the call on the ice was missed and again tried to make me look like a fool saying i didn't know hockey or something. It's hilarious cause if you made that comment, clearly you didn't know that a play can still be reviewed by the department of safety even if there was no call and result in a suspension. Then i called you out on it... you responded with "Do you think they ever got something wrong, or are they infallible?" haha like... if there's ever an example of someone not willing to simply admit that he's wrong.. here it is. It's especially hilarious when it's happening right after trying to mock someone that he doesnt know hockey. That's straight up karma. I supported my argument with multiple professional opinions (like people actually getting paid to make these decisions and Scotty himself) and the actual result of the review. You brought.... your very own biased opinion and said a few fans agreed too lol yeah that's worth something. Denial 101. You legit got nothing here man.
  20. Pavel Zacha : 11 Taylor Hall : 11 (+1) Nico Hischier : 13 Jack Hughes : 12 Kyle Palmieri : 10 Wayne Simmonds : 10 Jesper Bratt : 9 Miles Wood : 10 Travis Zajac : 10 Blake Coleman : 10 P.K. Subban : 12 Damon Severson : 10 Sami Vatanen : 10 Will Butcher : 10 Ty Smith : 11 Connor Carrick : 10 Mirco Mueller : 6 (-1) Cory Schneider : 10 Mackenzie Blackwood : 12  Jesper Boqvist : 10 Kevin Rooney : 10 John Hayden : 8 Andy Greene : 5
  21. I honestly think Greene will end his career here. Unless we’re out of the playoff hunt by a wide margin, I don’t see him asking for a trade. I do agree with your first point though, I feel like a trade is coming in the next few weeks/months
  22. Yesterday
  23. The legality of the Kucherov hit wasn’t even part of the initial argument, you conceded that point and instead made the domestic violence argument. Then you switched arguments because the first one was stupid. Frankly, it makes me wonder how many times your head has been the primary point of contact.
  24. Anhkheg

2019 Offseason Thread

To me it seems like our line up is near complete as guys have a lot of confidence in Boqvist making the opening roster. There still seems to be a spot for a RW. Hall - Hischier - Bratt Boqvist - Hughes - Palms Coleman - Zajac - Simmonds Wood - Zacha - ??? (Anderson) Rooney/Hayden Vatanen - Subban Butcher - Severson Greene - Smith Carrick Schneider Blackwood 1. Lots of teams are going to be in cap hell soon after their RFAs are signed. I think Shero does make a couple of major trades prior to October or acquires some really good players via waivers. 2. During the regular season, I think Shero deals Greene to go play for a cup contender as a "favor" and gets something in return. This will open up a spot for a younger player.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.