All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Habs just tied Panthers 1-1, but it just got overruled on an offside challenge. 1-0 Panthers going into 1st intermission.
  3. 2018 JETS

Powell is older, but he's the better overall player
  4. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Not a bad 6 innings today from Matz. 2 earned runs but 9 k's. He took the L but it was encouraging at least in terms of his command on the mound. 0 walks.
  5. Yesterday
  6. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Doubt we get any help tonight
  7. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Malamud is a bit a hack, I know him from Russian-speaking hockey forums since 1999, he used to be mostly comedian type of character - for example he was seriously making an argument that 2001 Sabres would beat 2001 Devils in a breeze in Conf Finals when they were up 3-2 against Penguins
  8. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

His comeback earned him a ton of respect from me, that was well timed sharp humor.
  9. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

I don't understand the hate either. I have missed a lot of games this season and I really appreciate the few users who post recaps/thoughts on the gameplay after the game is over. If people don't find value in Mike's posts, they can scroll past them or use the ignore feature. But there have been a few times where I wasn't able to watch a game, and posts from MB and others helped give me an idea of how the team played. At least Mike takes the criticism like a champ.
  10. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Exactly, by that logic he’s out another week.
  11. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Given that when's he gonna play in the next week or so? Not like there are easy games you can cherrypick for him to go in coming up.
  12. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

I understand your criticism at MB and that you don't like his post. But do you have to make fun of him all the time, for me it's close to bullying. Grown up people taking shot at him. I know a lot of you have kids and I just want to know if this is what you want to learn your kids to do? This is a message board, is it that hard to just read a post and not agree, do you have to make fun of it? Just my side of the coin.
  13. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Riding KK while hot also gives cory extra time to heal .... he needs to be 100%...
  14. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

In a vacuum, yes. But the circumstances dictated the situation here.
  15. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Thought the same thing. If Schneider was on the end on the 4-2 loss combined with his bad play and fortune, he might have had to be institutionalized at this point. If we’re going to make it Schneider needs to win some games. Last night would’ve been a suicide mission as it’s clear to see how fragile he’s been lately.
  16. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

I really have a hard time getting excited for Matz, Wheeler, and Harvey at this point. Hope at least two of them can surprise me and be somewhere between decent and healthy.
  17. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

The irony is now the Mets might finally get the 'five young guns' one turn through the rotation now that nobody cares about 2-3 of them.
  18. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

I disagree with the term “schedule-loss”. There are disadvantageous situations for sure with back to backs, tough road trips and such but if you’re professional whether a player or a coach you try not to treat them any different than a regular situation. So, not playing Cory yesterday is puzzling - you gotta give a chance to your #1 in a back to back situation a chance to steal a game and regain confidence. Similar to what Washington did with Holtby in back to back with Islanders (albeit vs the same team and in super comfortable playoff situation)
  19. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Wright's banked plenty of coin to not play much since signing that disaster-in-waiting deal...I know he's tried like hell to come back and play, but the Mets don't owe him any more than they've already paid him. It's funny that Matt Harvey starts at Citi were once a reason for great excitement (and they WERE)...now it's "Thor and Jake and the rest are fakes" or "Noah and Jake and a bunch of mistakes."
  20. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

I've been thinking about the decision to start Kinkaid and I think/hope the idea was to not start Cory when the Devils have a schedule loss, the guy has already not been in net for a win in 2 months, and there's not much sense in starting a guy whose confidence may be down and asking him to win the game by himself. So yeah, I think Cory should start on Tuesday for sure.
  21. 2018 JETS

Looks like the Jets offered a lot to get JMcKinnon but J decided it wasn't right. Would have likely led to Powells's release, guess J wasn't all about the monies
  22. New York Mets 2017-18 offseason thread

Mets should sell thor and degrom packages at thrice the price, and give away the other games... send wright off with a Bobby Bonilla deal.... poor kid has been cursed
  23. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

This was a fvckin awesome response.
  24. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

not a game to stay up for... out skated and out hit..this time the bullies beat up the kids.. we did stay close and fought to the end...on to the next one
  25. 2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Guys, take the time to read this Twitter thread by Slava Malamud. Truly insane over in the KHL:
  26. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Meh, not much to say. Back to back "heavy" games against good teams will do this to you. You could tell they didn't have their legs and it was compounded by them not making good decisions with the puck. Starting Kinkaid was stupid as hell, though. Yeah, he's been on a roll, but I think he's been lucky almost as much as he's been good. There have been a few puck playing miscues that could've ended up in the net during this streak. Not to mention he's making saves that he doesn't even see. Not that any goals were his fault last night, but still an interesting decision. I think you have to start Schneider on Tuesday even if you do consider Kinkaid your "starter". 3 games in 4 nights is way too much, especially for a guy not used to carrying the load. Plus there's the whole thing that Schneider is the more talented goalie. I know the pk is great, but it's so obvious how much of that is due to the forwards. I haven't seen two dmen (Lovejoy and Greene) who have as much trouble clearing the damn puck. It's just been downright depressing to see Greene's decline; though it should be expected at 35. Shero has to find a way to get him on the third pair next year. Lovejoy has been decent all year, but the last few weeks have just proven that he isn't a top six guy anymore. He was great in the 7th dman role where he would play every few games. I doubt Mueller is *that* much better but at least he has wheels. Everyone knows how much I love Severson, but he and Moore have been garbage together recently. Might be time to go 6-45, 8-28, 2-12. If they come out flat on Tuesday, I'll be concerned, but it is crazy that they already achieved .500 on this trip. Hopefully Wood is ok, but it looked bad.
  27. GDT: Devils at Ducks 3/18/18 9:00 PM ET

Zajac's a lock for third overall if he stays relatively healthy, probably by sometime last next season or early the following year...only needs 54 points to pass Muller. He has an outside shot to finish with 600 points by the time his contract is up, but I'd surprised if he pulled it off.
  1. Load more activity