NHl 11 (Video Game)

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Something to talk about since not much seems to be going on. NHL 11 for 360,pc and ps3 is a awesome game IMO. I've played 6 seasons in "Be a GM" Won the cup in all 6 as the Devils, had 3 82 game season and the rest were 1 lose in overtime because i felt bad for the Sharks -_-. My max amount of goals in one game is 51, for me it is alot but i hear people have gotten in the 200's? For those of you that play this game, mind saying what you have accomplished or are currently trying to do or just having fun.

NHL11 sucked IMO. The controls were to hard to get used to after playing 09 and 10. I stick to NHL10 until 12 comes out.

The graphics and hits and everything in 11 were alot better just the controls we changed so much from the past NHL games.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

NHL11 sucked IMO. The controls were to hard to get used to after playing 09 and 10. I stick to NHL10 until 12 comes out.

The graphics and hits and everything in 11 were alot better just the controls we changed so much from the past NHL games.

Did you get a chance to see the trailer for 12? The physicality is way more intense, you can hit and break the glass and goalies get to fight. But seems they spend more attention on that then the overall playing controls, in 11 dekeing was horrible. Passing kind of sucked to, you would pass to your player and the opposing player would catch it a mile away -_-

Did you get a chance to see the trailer for 12? The physicality is way more intense, you can hit and break the glass and goalies get to fight. But seems they spend more attention on that then the overall playing controls, in 11 dekeing was horrible. Passing kind of sucked to, you would pass to your player and the opposing player would catch it a mile away -_-

Yeah thats what Im talking about. The controls just sucked. Everything was an improvement besides that and for me that was the killer. I talked my friend into buying it when it came out, played it a few times and decided I wasnt going to waste my money. :giggle:

I cant wait for 12. I hope they adjusted the control problems. :pray:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Yeah I play that a lot. That and Black Ops...but who doesnt play that. :rolleyes:

I play all the hockey games and Need for Speed, not... Black Ops-__- Don't like it

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Why do people get enjoyment out of doing this? I find it so boring. I play on superstar with all of the difficulty sliders as hard as they get, 7 minute periods, and all of my games are 4-3, 3-2, 2-0, etc. I find games like that a billion times more entertaining than playing on rookie and taking a slap shot at the top of the circle 45 times.

I don't play on rookie either. Im the second to highest their is(forget the name... All-Star?) I usually play 5 or 4 minute periods ( Sometimes 20.... takes forever) I score on Slap-Shots or Wrist shots.

As far as "accomplishments" for that game... I'm in the year 2023 I think, won the cup quite a few times with the Devils... played GM mode for long enough where Josefson, a 94 overall, is the seasoned-vet captain of the team, tedenby (91 overall) is coming off back-to-back Hart trophies, Larsson (98 overall) is the bonifide best defenseman in the league, and Kovalchuk's cap hit (83 overall) is starting to sting a little.

How do I raise the overalls in GM Mode? I haven't figured that out -_-

I just don't see how spending an hour and a half playing a game that you're winning 65-0 is fun.

+1 I usually stop playing the game when it becomes to easy. No point in winning everything without even putting a little effort in it.

Usually when a sports game becomes to easy you go online but with NHL 11 playing online is a nightmare. Glitch goals, guys who waste time as soon as they lead etc etc etc

Yeah it sounds like you need to turn up the difficulty a little bit BiB :lol:

As far as "accomplishments" for that game... I'm in the year 2023 I think, won the cup quite a few times with the Devils... played GM mode for long enough where Josefson, a 94 overall, is the seasoned-vet captain of the team, tedenby (91 overall) is coming off back-to-back Hart trophies, Larsson (98 overall) is the bonifide best defenseman in the league, and Kovalchuk's cap hit (83 overall) is starting to sting a little.

See Teddy never panned out in my game, pissed me off. Nor did Josefson, but his potential was garbage from day 1 (I started my mode in September of 2010, had to manually put him on the team before the first roster update was released) and he peaked at like 77. Teddy peaked at an 82, I shipped him off to Atlanta or something. :noclue:

Usually when a sports game becomes to easy you go online but with NHL 11 playing online is a nightmare. Glitch goals, guys who waste time as soon as they lead etc etc etc

Yeah I never play any of these NHL games online, just too frustrating. COD is my online game, and that really pisses me off sometimes :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

It's funny, as much as I love video game hockey I never find myself playing NHL 10. Maybe a newer iteration will change it for me, but I never got used to using the right stick for shooting and the oeft stick for skating. Just felt unnatural to me. Of course my NHL game before that '03 for the GameCube, so I may be stuck in the past a bit. :)

Besides, if I'm going to play a game, I'm going to play a story based one. For example, thanks to the whole PSN debacle, I got free versions of Infamous and LittleBigPlanet which are now both dominating my game playing time. Just no time for NHL!!

I'm not at all, nor have I ever been, racist in any way... but that game causes me to get so racist and spitting angry online it's ridiculous. I have to take frequent breaks to watch Remember the Titans to balance out.

I know EXACTLY what your talking about. I understand the concept of headsets but when you arent with any of your friends, I hear your bullsh!t music, and your dumbass ebonic language, you get muted.

I like when people have their babies crying in the background. I always laugh at that, neglecting your children just to play online videogames. :rolleyes:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Yeah it sounds like you need to turn up the difficulty a little bit BiB :lol:

See Teddy never panned out in my game, pissed me off. Nor did Josefson, but his potential was garbage from day 1 (I started my mode in September of 2010, had to manually put him on the team before the first roster update was released) and he peaked at like 77. Teddy peaked at an 82, I shipped him off to Atlanta or something. :noclue:

Yeah I never play any of these NHL games online, just too frustrating. COD is my online game, and that really pisses me off sometimes :lol:

My difficulty is not on Rookie... already said that. It's on All- Start or whatever the secodn to the highest one is. And i can not play with Fayne or Joesfon. They were not on the Albany Roster when I first start a season.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Take a deep breath hombre. He was saying if you win games 52-0 (on All-Star, which I don't believe for a second) it's probably time to push some sliders up and make the game tougher on yourself so it's more fun.

i hear push soliders up, how do i do that? I just load and play GM don't change anything but Diff to All star, Offsides to Off.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Thanks I'll up it and get better. Do get tired of getting of winning 50-0 I literally make every shot I take.

Anyone know why when I play online it seems like the other guy's players can skate faster than mine? Jeeze I can never get a breakaway because they always catch up to me.. I know about and use turbo by clicking the left joystick but even when I use it they still catch up to me

Just to add to what's being discussed, the game actually has a function that allows you to throw the puck up slightly to out skate defenders. On the xbox it's left trigger, I believe (when you have the puck obviously)

Sorry if everyone already knows this and I look like a complete fool :lol: but I think that helps negate the speed difference between a defender and puck carrier.

Just finished a season on Be A GM in NHL10. I choose the Blues and decided for a fantasy draft(what the hell). Kovalchuk led my team and the league with about 120 points and I went about 45 and 37 on all-star simming the majority of games. I drafted a decent group including Kovy, Boyle, Biseka, Havlat, Giroux, Nieds, and Shanny. At deadline day I was given an amazing deal of Hossa for Bieska! First round just started versus the Preds.

Things NHL12/NHL13...GET RID OF THORNE! Or as said before introduce some new announcers or be able to play on a NBC/Versus/TSN type broadcast.

And try to get ratings a bit more realistic.